Poll: How Much Have You Spent?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How Much Did YOU Spend on Christmas This Year?

Just curious about how much we all plunked down for people on Christmas this year. I hear a lot of people say "Oh I won't spend more than XXX" and others who go and blow $1000 at once on the same person.

So far I've spent a little over $2,100 this year on Christmas for everyone. It's bank-breaking! I know, it's the commercial mentality of Christmas these days. Instead of family and cheer it's all about the best, biggest gifts you can give.

$0 so far. I better get started.

10+ Year Old Account
    somewhere in the $3000-3500 range, which is not an option...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    $0 so far. I better get started.
    It's not too late! You can still send stuff to me

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler View Post
    somewhere in the $3000-3500 range, which is not an option...
    It is now. Sorry about that

Absolutely nothing.

Does money I spent on myself count? Spent about $150 on toys...

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Does money I spent on myself count?
    Was it money spent on yourself because of Xmas? If so it counts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I decided a looong time ago that I would only buy presents for my mom, dad, and brother. There are a couple family members that still insist on giving me something, though I tell them it isn't necessary. I also put a lot of though into what would be the perfect gift, though the most I've spent on a single gift was about $55. It was the farting hippo stuffed animal, Fred, from NCIS for my Dad.

Spending tons of money per gift to wow the recipients and the other people in attendance isn't about gift giving, it's about impressing others and out-doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Was it money spent on yourself because of Xmas? If so it counts.
    Yes, although it arrived like 3 weeks early and I've already unwrapped it all XD
    But this makes me feel bad for having spent nothing on others yet :<

Deleted
    Ill buy chocolate and oranges for my mom, for daughter maybe a children book if the budget allows me, socks for dad, and chocolate for my wife.
    For myself, dunno. Can of cola or something small, just to have a little taste of all the hype around christmas

None, I don't celebrate it.

Deleted
    Nothing don't want to and hopefully never will be doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Yes, although it arrived like 3 weeks early and I've already unwrapped it all XD
    But this makes me feel bad for having spent nothing on others yet :<
    No doubt you make their Xmas happier by being their for them and its the thought that counts! Etc etc...

Dunno, when I had money I only bought stuff for my close family (father+brother) anyway, everyone else should just get themselves something and we do it like that, then no one can be disappointed by a gift and we all get what we really wanted for Xmas.

A couple years back my both my sister and brother requested no more gifts exchanged me and their respective families. They were getting overwhelmed with shopping for our side of the family their husband/wife's side of the family. Since then I only have to get my parents gifts so my brother and I got them a Golf GPS. On the one hand it's great that's easier for gift giving but on the other Christmas is becoming kind of pointless.

$60. Bit of food, bit of liquor, a movie for the parentals.

Deleted
    300-1000$ on christmas gifts And that was to 5 persons.

3,500+ and 100% all on myself..

Deleted
    Approximately £2000, so that's what $3000? But that's not including Decorations/Dinner

*edit* $3240 according to Google. So yea, about that

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent about $520 on gifts for my family and one of my friends (10 people), and I'll probably spend another $200-300 on gas to travel up to Dallas and various dinners and such.

It really is kind of bank-breaking, and the worst part is that in all likelihood, the people I give the gifts to won't value the gifts as much as I value the money I spent, and I won't value the gifts they give me in return as much as they value the money they spent. From an economics standpoint, Christmas is one of the most inefficient and wasteful times of the year.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    $0 Better buy something soon.