Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Got fired from my job today. AMA.

Fire away (no pun intended)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    That sucks to get sacked, but, its the end of the world, so not much to worry about, right?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

What job? Did you like it?

Deleted
    hahahhahah!!

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-12-21 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    What job? Did you like it?
    Just a part time retail job for while in college. I was there 4 1/2 years though, so it was kind of sudden, although not surprising with the slow winter sales incoming. I was fairly sick of the job at this point anyway, so I'm actually relieved. Motivation to find a job closer to home now that I'm in school full time again.

Just a part time retail job for while in college. I was there 4 1/2 years though, so it was kind of sudden, although not surprising with the slow winter sales incoming. I was fairly sick of the job at this point anyway, so I'm actually relieved. Motivation to find a job closer to home now that I'm in school full time again.
    Where ya from? As in - do you need a job to stay at university?

Where ya from? As in - do you need a job to stay at university?
    Northern Indiana. I don't NEED one (If you are asking for like legal reasons). But I do need one eventually to keep making my car/insurance payments + expenses.

Think of it as a chance to step up. Try to use your school's resources to find a job, hopefully in your field/major.

Northern Indiana. I don't NEED one (If you are asking for like legal reasons). But I do need one eventually to keep making my car/insurance payments + expenses.
    Car during university...

Dang 'Muricans. I jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Think of it as a chance to step up. Try to use your school's resources to find a job, hopefully in your field/major.

Affirmative. an on-campus job relating to my field of study is a possibility, but maybe not until next school year.

It would be a good idea to look now, for next year.

Fired with cause or Laid-off?

Concerning receiving unemployment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Car during university...

Dang 'Muricans. I jelly.
    When do young people typically get their first car in your area?

Curious for responses from others throughout Europe.

Typically in America, most young people get a car from 16-18. Some are just given one from their parents. Some work and save. Some share with their siblings.

I was 18, a month or so away from graduating. It was a piece of crap, 88 Chevy Cavalier.

Deleted
    Part time retail? Don't worry about it, not like tis the dream job?

Onwards and upwards

Deleted
    what did you do to get fired?

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    Fired with cause or Laid-off?

Concerning receiving unemployment.
    Well, Fired with cause per attendance. Attendance issues caused per school scheduling issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I have your old job?

Didn't you know you had passed the final warning mark for attendance?

I'd have been going to work every day with a resignation letter in my pocket in anticipation of being pulled into the office.

Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    When do young people typically get their first car in your area?

Curious for responses from others throughout Europe.

Typically in America, most young people get a car from 16-18. Some are just given one from their parents. Some work and save. Some share with their siblings.

I was 18, a month or so away from graduating. It was a piece of crap, 88 Chevy Cavalier.
    Well some do get cars from their parents at 18 - where they can legally drive.

University students usually dont have cars. People who work after high school might have.

So other than this post, is there anything interesting about this story? I have a feeling there isn't. AMAs are usually for interesting things.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.