Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilate View Post
    The nerf to Blade Flurry seems pure overkill considering Combat's AoE in general is extremely weak.
    Combat can and will pull consistently good numbers on over 6 targets over long periods of time with FoK and CT, if you're FoK'ing correctly. However, it feels way too situational and only really viable on a few bosses.

Oh come on, now they are ripping of Zed from League of Legends basically.

I love these abilities though, especiialy the shadow port.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Oh come on, now they are ripping of Zed from League of Legends basically.

I love these abilities though, especiialy the shadow port.
    yes that was my exact thought about hit and run so boring it would be cool if it realy worked the same as zed's ability that your shadow copy your attacks
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    "Preparation Requires Level 60."

Does that mean it's becoming baseline? It's already a level 60 talent so I'm not sure why that's mentioned there.

well comparing the old prep and the new one it seems to be baseline

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    "Preparation Requires Level 60."

Does that mean it's becoming baseline? It's already a level 60 talent so I'm not sure why that's mentioned there.
    Yes. It should be getting moved to baseline. Happy days, indeed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Immense "ouch" at the Blade Flurry change. This will probably be healthy in the long term, though, since it will help break the "Cleave Spec" and "Not Cleave Spec" division in PvE.

I'd take the BF nerf and cross fingers that it gets compensated in a way which gives Combat more flexibility outside 2 targets.

As for copying ideas from other games... they're on the right track. Rogue in WoW is just way too street-level to have widespread appeal, and mixing in more of the flashy shadow mysticism stuff will help broaden the cool factor.

Oh, and I love the Shuriken change. That's just hilarious, in a good way. Pew pew!!
    Last edited by Lovestar; 2012-12-22 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    yes that was my exact thought about hit and run so boring it would be cool if it realy worked the same as zed's ability that your shadow copy your attacks
    My initial thought was Infiltrator's Strike.

The prep change I find kind of funny, for years we've been saying "Just get rid of prep", they've been saying it makes it hard to balance around, and we've been saying "Make ShS baseline". So what do they do? They make prep baseline instead, it's like they actively try to do the opposite of what we ask for sometimes lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    Immense "ouch" at the Blade Flurry change. This will probably be healthy in the long term, though, since it will help break the "Cleave Spec" and "Not Cleave Spec" division in PvE.

I'd take the BF nerf and cross fingers that it gets compensated in a way which gives Combat more flexibility outside 2 targets.

As for copying ideas from other games... they're on the right track. Rogue in WoW is just way too street-level to have widespread appeal, and mixing in more of the flashy shadow mysticism stuff will help broaden the cool factor.

Oh, and I love the Shuriken change. That's just hilarious, in a good way. Pew pew!!
    how is it healthy if others dont get their cleave damage reduced ? why bring multi target combat rogue is there are DK's warriors who do better cleave ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kesther View Post
    Combat can and will pull consistently good numbers on over 6 targets over long periods of time with FoK and CT, if you're FoK'ing correctly. However, it feels way too situational and only really viable on a few bosses.
    Which is the whole problem with Combat's AoE. Outside very late into p2 Sha of Fear Heroic, FoK + CT is extremely weak for Combat. Making it so that FoK built up Bandit's Guile whenever you hit 4 more targets when help out a little bit.

Which is the whole problem with Combat's AoE. Outside very late into p2 Sha of Fear Heroic, FoK + CT is extremely weak for Combat. Making it so that FoK built up Bandit's Guile whenever you hit 4 more targets when help out a little bit.

OOOOORRR just unnerf BF and reduce energy regen penalty by another 10% :>

Exactly, a simple yet very effective fix, there's nothing worse than when you're finished with a medium/deep FoK + CT "rotation" and you think to yourself, well, better get going on those sinister strikes even though the raid massively needs AoE..
    I always thought that the fix to Combat AoE would be making CT a rolling DoT, but it would end up Assassination and Sub being too powerful with poisons and sanguinary vein..

Nerf to bf seems overdone.

Wish there was more love for sub.

Besides the fact that there's a bunch of similar shadow abilities in the past ( or hey, still fairly close to Blade Lord's Wind Step), just because it looks like an ability from some game doesn't mean it's stolen from it (inb4 omg blizzard stole orcs from [insert something here])

Without the immunity no one will be taking the new BoS. Shadowstep will still be the best.

Nerf to Blade Flurry is pointless and turns all three specs into single target tunnel specs now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hit and Run most likely shares tree with step so we wont use it, but it does look cool.

What I wonder though, is which talent Marked for Death replaces?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Imbashiethz View Post
    Hit and Run most likely shares tree with step so we wont use it, but it does look cool.

What I wonder though, is which talent Marked for Death replaces?!?!?!?
    i guess we will see another rogue talent tree overhaul in 5.3 where they see nobody picks hit and run ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    i guess we will see another rogue talent tree overhaul in 5.3 where they see nobody picks hit and run ^^
    If there's a boss which requires quick add switching and killing and a player doesn't pick hit and run, then the player needs an overhaul, not the rogue talent tree.

Deleted
    I can see Hit and Run having some uses. Like switching to adds on Will of the Emperor or on Sha of Fear. Hell on Will of the Emperor you can swap to all the adds, poison them all, and then swap back. That's a hefty DPS increase compared to just keeping Shadowstep and not using it anywhere in that fight. Well, assuming you have a proper group and ranged that does their job.

I think the talent will have some uses here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I can see Hit and Run having some uses. Like switching to adds on Will of the Emperor or on Sha of Fear. Hell on Will of the Emperor you can swap to all the adds, poison them all, and then swap back. That's a hefty DPS increase compared to just keeping Shadowstep and not using it anywhere in that fight. Well, assuming you have a proper group and ranged that does their job.

I think the talent will have some uses here and there.
    you dont know how 5.2 raid will look like so if we have alot of switch fights it might be usefull if not i dont see myself using it ever