Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Green Fire has arrived

Warlocks can now undertake a solo adventure that culminates with the ability to change the color of their Fire spells to appear Fel green. The quest begins for those Warlocks determined or fortunate enough to have laid their hands on teh fabled Codex of Xerrath.

Took them long enough to do this. Always wanted incinerate to be green

All that remains is to find out where the Codex comes from. Suspicion tells me it will drop rarely from raid bosses or trash.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=92441#comments
    WOO!

now people will finally stop asking my warlock for mage portals when im DPSing on the target dummies in cities. What do they think I am a fire mage or something!?!

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32310

Read a book at your factions warlock trainers in org/SW
    Start of the 8 quest quest chain.
    No word on how to start it though.

The codex is the last part, the bit that actually turns your fire green though.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2012-12-22 at 06:00 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    All that remains is to find out where the Codex comes from. Suspicion tells me it will drop rarely from raid bosses or trash.
    Unlikely; I give it the original from Wrathion or the book itself behind the trainers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of wish it would be a scavenger hunt. Similar to all of those level 86 BoA weapons in Dread wastes that are scattered about.

Deleted
    A bit dissapointed because from the datamined stuff it was strongly implied that there would be stuff for demonology which i took to mean demon forms. Well saying that it was basically an npce going 'imagine what we could BECOME' where it was pretty obvious the guy was a demo warlock with all his playing about with demons. With the outland stuff being about investigation illidans demons, some being sent to investigate ragnaros fire and others about deathwing (with the warlock having corrupted growths making me think that was the affliction side of things).

To be fair probably just me reading too much into it. Now they' ve basically said 'its green fire' with no hint of other things I'm guessing that since they downgraded it to a one patch thing they have probably toned down the quest content and made it purely about green fire. To be expected because a lengthy questline for cosmetic changes, while cool, was a bit much for an originally multi-patch event. Guess I was foolish for holding out hope there would be things for the other specs heh.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    so how long before the "i want blue fire" train kicks in?

I want blue fire.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halfawake View Post
    I want blue fire.
    haha i see what you did there

But...but....I'm affliction ; _ ;
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's not just Destro getting green fire

Demo has Soul Fire and Hell Fire, which like many spells have fel icons already in game, and Aff has Rain of Fire .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McDareth View Post
    Well it's not just Destro getting green fire

Demo has Soul Fire and Hell Fire, which like many spells have fel icons already in game, and Aff has Rain of Fire .
    Why would aff use rain of fire :O

Can my fire look like Malefic Grasp instead? MG is pretty much the most epic looking spell in the game >_>
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

I'm a little worried on how we are going to obtain the codex. they way they word it makes it sound like its gonna be something that has a very very very low drop rate or can be obtained through bmah or something dumb like that.

I hope I'm wrong because that would make getting it really suck for those who do not have weeks and weeks of free time to hunt for something to do a long questline or have tons of spare gold to just burn and still compete with other people with more gold to get it.

this quest should be obtainable and available to any warlock who wants to do it. the quest itself is where the challenges should lie and even then they shouldn't require a whole group or raid to do. it should be something we can do with maybe a friend or two or even by ourselves and just take focus to complete

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    I'm a little worried on how we are going to obtain the codex. they way they word it makes it sound like its gonna be something that has a very very very low drop rate or can be obtained through bmah or something dumb like that.

I hope I'm wrong because that would make getting it really suck for those who do not have weeks and weeks of free time to hunt for something to do a long questline or have tons of spare gold to just burn and still compete with other people with more gold to get it.

this quest should be obtainable and available to any warlock who wants to do it. the quest itself is where the challenges should lie and even then they shouldn't require a whole group or raid to do. it should be something we can do with maybe a friend or two or even by ourselves and just take focus to complete
    They wouldn't do this haha don't worry I promise you.

sooooo like guy above...cooool, green fire... and affliction gets?

10+ Year Old Account
    <------------ Affliction. Cry*

Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    I kind of wish it would be a scavenger hunt. Similar to all of those level 86 BoA weapons in Dread wastes that are scattered about.
    Level 86 BoA weapons in Dread Wastes ??

On topic: I just wonder if we can switch it back and forth from regular to fel fire, as Xelnath implied would be the case (iirc) ... I mean, I can see myself liking the new green fire at first just because it's new, but I'd be very, very leery to permanently switch. I wouldn't mind having to pay a ton of gold to re-switch (maybe like 10k each time ?), as long as it's possible to switch.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.