Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Possible Benediction return?

From the 5.2 patch notes:

The Isle of the Thunder King is the new daily questing zone, with the Kirin-Tor Offensive led by Jaina Proudmoore and the Sunreaver Onslaught led by Lor'themar Theron. Doing quests will unlock the powerful Lightning Forge, which will allow Blacksmiths to forge mighty raid-worthy items, as well as classic weapons from the past. Other features will also be unlocked by your realm's participation in the war effort.

First thing that popped in my head was a return of Benediction in some form (as well as other classic but now gone items).

Watcha think?

Please no.

I'm thinking it has to do more with weapons that were available in the past to blacksmiths that were Weaponsmith only related as they weren't made available at Cataclysm like the other professions got when they unmerged stuff.

At least that's what I'm hoping for. Wanted a bunch of those models for mogging, but was armorsmith in TBC for the tanking gear =/

What made Benediction special was the quest chain, not simply wielding the weapon.

It probably more referred to actual BS weapons whose recipes are no longer obtainable. Like
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=28436
    or
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=28430

That would be cool. My old paladin is sitting with his Lionheart Executioner still. Maybe my newer one would be able to have at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As others have said forge is probably for old BS weapons but as to whether I would love to see benediction return or not, NO! Dear god please no, leave it as a vintage weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    As others have said forge is probably for old BS weapons but as to whether I would love to see benediction return or not, NO! Dear god please no, leave it as a vintage weapon.
    cant have vintage stuff, everyone must have everything.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    cant have vintage stuff, everyone must have everything.
    They hinted in the past that these items might come back, just for an example the D1 and D2 sets are now replicas at DMF. I would expect to see this turn into a replica staff at best. But who knows, its just speculation.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I'm thinking it has to do more with weapons that were available in the past to blacksmiths that were Weaponsmith only related as they weren't made available at Cataclysm like the other professions got when they unmerged stuff.
    That's my understanding as well.

Deleted
    I persponally hope so, ive played since vanilla though I didnt play a priest intill recently I think would be cool to get that staff.
    But i can understand the people who got it in vanilla the hard way bein a abit miffed

If they add it they should at least give everyone who already got it before an achievement or something.

I think it would be cool to come back. It was hardly prestigious or rare in WOTLK, nevermind at the end of Cata.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people at that point who knew what Benediciton was had it equipped, or at least had it in their bag/bank.

It isn't like Ateish by any means.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I do hope us healing priests finally get a staff so we can at least use the _old_ benediction looks.

Threads that ask questions like these usually tend to have two types of responses:

I don't want it to be brought back, because I have it.

I want it to be brought back, because I don't have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornias View Post
    Threads that ask questions like these usually tend to have two types of responses:

I don't want it to be brought back, because I have it.

I want it to be brought back, because I don't have it.
    True. I'm fine with either though honestly. So if I gain the staff again then cool. If I never see it again, I won't cry about it.

I got it back in the day when it was good gear, but its on a char I dont play anymore.
    I went through a lot of work to get the items and the pain in the ass quest. I dont think you should just be able to buy that one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    I got it back in the day when it was good gear, but its on a char I dont play anymore.
    I went through a lot of work to get the items and the pain in the ass quest. I dont think you should just be able to buy that one
    It's no different that making Sulfaras or Thunderfury. Can be done in no time now. Should it be removed because someone worked harder in Vanilla?

10+ Year Old Account
    First thing I do when I get FRAPS is make a 30 second video of me Disenchanting Benediction / Anathema.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    What made Benediction special was the quest chain, not simply wielding the weapon.
    Pretty much this. The weapon itself is pretty plain (but good fit with tier 1 if you're mogging), but as a standalone weapon it doesn't mean much.

The quest itself, the sacrifice Eris Havenfire made, you yourself being the beacon of Light to smite, but more importantly to heal and protect the weak, or die trying. Eris was our priest hero, the only one we've had (Tyrande is a druid with a bow, gtfo), and even dead from before we ever get to her, that is felt. It's powerful.

As a weapon on its own, it's meaningless and shouldn't come back as a freebie, or a "Here's your skin from DMF" kind of deal. No, gtfo. Seriously, gtfo. But! I wouldn't mind Benediction coming back as solo-content like the Warlock Felfire quest will likely be. It needs its context. This is the only thing Priests had, it needs to be preserved in that regard.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~