Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozhe View Post
    What blows my mind is the fact that we will potentially be the only melee with a "multidot" style damage increase. For example, on Will of the Emperor none of the melee can cleave if they're on one of the bosses, while the ranged sit in the middle and multidot. This is balanced by Opportunity Strikes. Windwalkers can potentially put an elemental mirror on the other boss and get the best of both worlds.
    TECHNICALLY yes, but think of it from this perspective: outside of Titan Gas, you're running around DPS'ing adds. If you have one split on each boss in order to "cleave" your damage, then not only are you doing 60% less damage to the adds (which are the of top importance for DPS during that phase) but your clones also won't attack if you're running around not attacking.

Likewise, when it comes to Titan Gas and you actually get to go nuts on the bosses, it won't matter if you summon one clone to hit the one you're on, or one clone to hit the other one, or both clones for one boss each, or both clones on the one you're hitting - you'll still end up with 20% extra damage done.

Not that an extra 20% damage is a bad thing, of course - you just can't leave it up while hunting adds without gimping your own damage on Strengths/Courages, and it makes zero difference how many clones you summon or which boss they're hitting when you do get to use them.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Awesome, even if it is for our cleave, EPIC

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    When you think about it, its fairly consistant with other cleaves that exist in the game. It may need tweaking for sure, because it seems to be better than sweeping strikes or blade furry (after PTR changes).
    Unless I'm misreading the tooltip, there's nothing saying it won't target your own target. Rogues can't Blade Flurry and hit the same target multiple takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Either way, what it sounds like is a 20% damage increase single target, and the option to split that damage between 2-3 targets, thus causing TRUE "cleave"
    Even with my horrible math skills, I know if you summon one, you'll be doing 80% normal damage. And so will it. That's 160% normal damage. If you can aim at the same target we'd jump above every other DPS in the game by a very wide margin.

This skill won't make it to live as it's currently being interpreted. There's clearly something we're not aware of.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-12-22 at 11:10 AM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Imagine if the clones can copy SCK and FSK. Oh boi, dem ninjas everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Even with my horrible math skills, I know if you summon one, you'll be doing 80% normal damage. And so will it. That's 160% normal damage.
    Brush up on those reading skills, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Official Patch Notes
    •Windwalker
    •New Level 75 Ability: Storm, Earth and Fire
    •The Windwalker can summon up to two elemental duplicates that mirror damaging abilities that the Monk uses while they are active. For each spirit summoned, the Monk's damage is reduced: 1 spirit causes the Monk and the spirit to deal 60% of the Monk's normal damage, while 2 spirits will cause the Monk and both active spirits to deal 40% of the Monk's normal damage. Each spirit lasts until the ability is canceled, or that spirit's target dies or otherwise becomes unavailable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get excited until you're using it on live...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First thing I thought of.

Name Changing to Gotenks if this goes Live.

And binding SUPER GHOST KAMIKAZE ATTACK to my Abilities.

Deleted
    I hope it's on gcd, I don't want to be forced to a no haste 2h spec for dps where I have to pool chi and constantly summon these spirits and take them off when casting rising sun kick and fists of fury..

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    I hope it's on gcd, I don't want to be forced to a no haste 2h spec for dps where I have to pool chi and constantly summon these spirits and take them off when casting rising sun kick and fists of fury..
    Why would you take it off.. It says Lasts until cancelled, and you would be doing 20% more damage with the attacks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash Perez View Post
    "Official Patch Notes?" I just now saw those were posted. I was still going off memory of the datamined entry to Wowhead from last night. This explains where all the new numbers keep coming from.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clash Perez View Post
    Don't be a dick, the original datamined notes last night only showed 20% reduction per copy summoned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy hell.... They made Windwalker the most awesome DPS spec in the game in just one patch.

BTW, I didn't say OP, I just said awesome. When I read the patch notes this morning, I almost fell out of my chair at the awesomeness. My Monk just became the Chuck Norris of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    BTW, I didn't say OP, I just said awesome. When I read the patch notes this morning, I almost fell out of my chair at the awesomeness. My Monk just became the Chuck Norris Bruce Lee of WoW.
    Be like water, my friend. (Really fast water with rocks in it.)
    [What's half of minor?]

Deleted
    I doubt they intend to have us sitting with Storm, Earth and Fire active constantly. I'm guessing either we don't have all the details on the ability, or it'll be reworked before it goes live. That being said, I'm extremely happy that we're getting it as it is a really cool ability.

funny fact: while this ability was a brewmaster skill on WC3, it's a windwalker-only skill on WoW. so you still can't play the WC3 brewmaster lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    It'll probably just not be usuable when there's only one target, you'll need seperate targets for each copy. Which is perfectly reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    funny fact: while this ability was a brewmaster skill on WC3, it's a windwalker-only skill on WoW. so you still can't play the WC3 brewmaster lol
    Which is funny, because it would have been really useful for Brewmasters. Hold threat on several targets to prevent burst-on-pull DPS taking a side-mob or even a boss in some cases, and allowing offtanking Brewmasters to keep threat on a boss while off doing something else. (Rounding up adds on Elegon or keeping dps on the boss while turned into an Amber Monstrocity.) Not a lot of call for it in this raid tier, but definitely in dungeons and on world bosses.
    [What's half of minor?]

The tooltip says it only copies abilities, that's already a dps loss on single target. Losing 40% Auto/Tiger strikes for 20% more skill damage doesn't sound like a good trade-off.
    Last edited by Valsh; 2012-12-22 at 02:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This would be interesting in pvp.Hum.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    The tooltip says it only copies abilities, that's already a dps loss on single target. Losing 40% Auto/Tiger strikes for 20% more skill damage doesn't sound like a good trade-off.
    And this is how it's balanced. What it does mean though is that 3-target SCK spam will be the most god-like cleave in the game (besides maybe an unglyphed Chain Lightning). 2 targets will be meh, able to do damage to both but not at an increase. SCK spam makes it awesome though because you don't AA anyways during it.