Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    All other classes are getting hit by the nerf bat
    Those rogue changes don't exactly sound like the nerfbat. Might be just my impression though.
    Oh on second thought it just sounds pretty retarded. Well not that it really matter unless it has implications on pve.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-12-22 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Those rogue changes don't exactly sound like the nerfbat. Might be just my impression though.
    Oh on second thought it just sounds pretty retarded. Well not that it really matter unless it has implications on pve.
    What? You don't see the massive nerf to combat cleave?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    What? You don't see the massive nerf to combat cleave?
    Pretty sure he was referring to pvp changes and although my current time spent on pvp is quite minimal I doubt that the spec of choice there is combat.
    Oh and well we all knew that sooner or later that nerf would come so they could actually make that spec decent while not being uber retarded on any cleave encounter. This spec excelling on something specific is just entirely dead as a design premise - I wonder why they even still bother having different specs at all.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-12-22 at 08:58 AM.

Removing the extra damage component from the heroic leap glyph is a huge pve nerf. Our opening pve burst will be much smaller, as currently my leap crits for 400k+ single target on the pull with cooldowns/dancing steel/trinket procs. However, most people don't even use heroic leap correctly in pve, so this change will not matter to the vast majority of mediocre dps warriors out there.

If the glyph change goes live, heroic leap will probably still be used in a CS window (while enraged, optimally) for a very slight dps increase......but it won't matter that much if you don't use it compared to how it is currently. It will mostly just be used for mobility or for aoe damage.

It's just a pointless pve damage nerf across the board.

If it was just nerfed due to people whining in pvp, they could have easily just made heroic leap do reduced damage to players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    If it was just nerfed due to people whining in pvp, they could have easily just made heroic leap do reduced damage to players.
    This I don't get. I don't get why blizzard can't just nerf numbers based around players or NPCs/mobs. They did it with Frost Bomb and Colossus Smash so far, but they should do it with more abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    don't know why Heroic Leap got nerfed. It wasn't killing anyone and it was something to look forward to coming off cd in pve.
    It didn't kill anyone? I've seen 80k crits from that ability...

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Ps: i wonder what they'll do for Arms in PvE, it's the weakest specc right now ( http://simulationcraft.org/510/Raid_T14H.html ) and with TFB in it's current form gone it might get even worse.
    On the cautiously optimistic side: with the potential for insane damage-spikes gone, maybe Blizz can make Arms decent (Or dare i say good) all the time instead of bad most of the time and ridiculously OP some of the time.

They're the preliminary notes of a PTR that hasn't started yet, there's some wiggle-room for changing yet, though i won't get my hopes up until the PTR is nearly finished, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice (Twice, two dozen times, details! :P ), shame on me" and all that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Where 2 fuck are my fury pvp buffs....... I guess we will be using DR instead of shockwave after 5.2.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Deleted
    Lol. With these changes we can officially say "Hi, Cataclysm". Whiners got what they wanted, warriors will be once again a doll any class with any skill can butcher any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Headswillroll View Post
    Lol. With these changes we can officially say "Hi, Cataclysm". Whiners got what they wanted, warriors will be once again a doll any class with any skill can butcher any time.
    huh ? what am i not seeing ?

Heroic Leap Damage nerfed
    Second wind nerfed
    Shockwave gets fixed

and this suddenly breaks the whole class O: ?
    Last edited by Deafknight; 2012-12-22 at 10:23 AM.

Deleted
    I'm fairly sure the HL nerf is more PvE related than PvP. I don't think that their intention was to make it a part of a PvE damage rotation, it's certainly not intuitive for any new player to use it as a damage skill and the minimun range made it far more annoying than your other GTAOE spells used for DPS (consecration, DnD), so they are probably not ok with a design that includes it beyond a minimun damage increase (cata like). The question is if they will buff something to compensate, or their expected/designed damage was the one without 100% HL already. The second is probably the answer.

Deleted
    Fixed? It got nerfed. Pretty hard. It's useless now, I don't see how anyone would prefer this over Dragon's Roar.

Quote Originally Posted by Headswillroll View Post
    Fixed? It got nerfed. Pretty hard. It's useless now, I don't see how anyone would prefer this over Dragon's Roar.
    So a 10 yard true aoe stun on a 40 second cooldown is bad ? never mind that you can reduce the cd to 20 O:
    If you mean in pve, shockwave stays exactly the same since you didnt use it on less than 3 targets anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    So a 10 yard true aoe stun on a 40 second cooldown is bad ? never mind that you can reduce the cd to 20 O:
    If you mean in pve, shockwave stays exactly the same since you didnt use it on less than 3 targets anyway.
    Shockwave has been on 20s cd since it was introduced. It just got doubled. And yes, you use it on less than three targets as well. I guess I'll have to respecc to DR on single target fights (prot). I also use it in challenge modes, so it's a bit annoying to lose the damage on fights where you use it for utility but still want to have an as high DPS as possible. I don't get why they didn't make it so that it was 20s cd if it hits npcs, 40 if it hits players. It wasn't too strong in PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some solid buffs mixed in the nerfs, I'm not too fussed. HL glyph change is because the glyph was arguably the most mandatory one warriors have... less cooldown AND double damage? There's no other answer for that. IMO they should just bake the HL damage in, even with a lot of AP it wasn't a catastrophic amount in most circumstances.

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 11:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    And yes, you use it on less than three targets as well.
    SW is an inferior choice for a single target because its eating up more GCDs that could be used for rage generation, which can then be used for survival or extra damage. Dragon Roar is a much, much better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    There are some solid buffs mixed in the nerfs, I'm not too fussed. HL glyph change is because the glyph was arguably the most mandatory one warriors have... less cooldown AND double damage? There's no other answer for that. IMO they should just bake the HL damage in, even with a lot of AP it wasn't a catastrophic amount in most circumstances.

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 11:16 AM ----------

SW is an inferior choice for a single target because its eating up more GCDs that could be used for rage generation, which can then be used for survival or extra damage. Dragon Roar is a much, much better choice.
    My point is that on a fight where SW is used (say, for a specific phase) you might still have a good part of the fight on single target. And isn't DR still threat bugged?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mirishka what buffs ??? Stombort by 25% ?? I will miss HL. It was coos that you could stomp on mage that blinked off with 2%hp and u finished him jumping . Its same like they killed heroic throw. It used to be so cool talent when weapon was flying slowly and hit like a truck :/
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    Monks got a cyclone, we have now even LESS control. I thought warriors were all about mobility and control, what Blizzard is doing now is destroying both.

Stormbolt will be hitting 500% weapon damage to bosses instead of 400% when combined, probably hitting the same as normal execute then. I've gotten 450-500k crits from stormbolt (execute being max at 700k non modified max) with colossus, potion, weapon enchant and both trinkets on my current gear already, so to Arms even having a chance being viable on 5.2 PvE I feel it will be with that talent choice.
    Actually I've used stormbolt even know, because bloodpath doesn't align so well with arms due to random colossus procs. It's easier to align 2x stormbolts on colossus and do a total of 300-700k dmg (depending on procs) until you could get bloodpath out of cd and trying to achieve the same damage done with the dot. Imho it will pull so ahead for Arms with this change even on sims, where even now it was kinda hard to arms to maximise the dot benefit, until the execute range that is.

But I guess they're trying to make it a viable choice for fury too. Honestly it will never work for fury too well, unless it gets off the global cooldown and I can't see that happening anytime soon. Or make it work like Dragon roar, bypassing the armor by default...
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2012-12-22 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kankipappa View Post
    Stormbolt will be hitting 500% weapon damage to bosses instead of 400% when combined, probably hitting the same as normal execute then. I've gotten 450-500k crits from stormbolt (execute being max at 700k non modified max) with colossus, potion, weapon enchant and both trinkets on my current gear already, so to Arms even having a chance being viable on 5.2 PvE I feel it will be with that talent choice.
    Actually I've used stormbolt even know, because bloodpath doesn't align so well with arms due to random colossus procs. It's easier to align 2x stormbolts on colossus and do a total of 300-700k dmg (depending on procs) until you could get bloodpath out of cd and trying to achieve the same damage done with the dot. Imho it will pull so ahead for Arms with this change even on sims, where even now it was kinda hard to arms to maximise the dot benefit, until the execute range that is.

But I guess they're trying to make it a viable choice for fury too. Honestly it will never work for fury too well, unless it gets off the global cooldown and I can't see that happening anytime soon. Or make it work like Dragon roar, bypassing the armor by default...
    Two things though:

-BloodBath still lines up with DR as Arms
    -I don't see the new Arms having a lot of free GCD:s, which affects Storm Bolt

Deleted
    Most abilities got their base damage increased and their AP / stat scaling nerfed drastically or am I reading this wrong?