Poll: Do you want such models in wow ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

About new 5.2 sets and other transmog gear .

You know , seems like I've got some sort of claim about several new sets . Yeah , several MOP sets looks pretty nice .

But on the other hand , seems like they haven't added anything special .

I wonder : Why don't they use such models for armor and weapons ?

You should agree , that this looks better , than panda in " DRESS " . Why don't developers try cloak model , that looks like a coat ?

Plus , would be nice to see another model of pants . A bit more original .

How about the hat with a really wide brim and normal model of black , not round glasses .

Or at least something like this . Seriously guys , you bought panda model for huge money .

Do you really think that " bleach " , " helsing " or " blade " style model looks worse than " dancing pandas " ?

If say the true , such weapon model might become the best ever .

No , honesty . Let's discuss about this guys . Maybe , I'm not right and some of the players feel themselves more comfortable into dresses and robes ?

Who knows . Maybe there are pretty much fans of " elton john style pink glasses " and " super noob " style cloaks ?

Let's discuss and already decide something .

10+ Year Old Account
    The stuff you posted would require a massive Graphics engine overhaul to look decent.

Not going to happen.

Case closed.

I also wish WoW armor had better and more 3D armor styles. Though, this is not likely to happen. It's all part of their plan of making a game that can run smoothly, plus with models like these, it's a bit hard to add armor.

I always hoped that after the big model update, they'd start doing such a thing like adding coats and other models, especially for tiers, but that hope is waning.

I agree that it'd make armor less identical if they did so. Every tier set is basically just us waiting to see the shoulder, helm (and now belt) model while the rest of the set relies only on new textures. And let's be honest, a flat textured bell on your chest? That looks ridiculous, to be honest. Same with Priest T11 and the lamps hanging off of the robe.

It's something I wish they'd do, overhaul the model system, but it's unlikely.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Honestly I don't think any of those look any good..

Nor do they fit the Warcraft Universe

10+ Year Old Account
    And let's be honest, a flat textured bell on your chest? That looks ridiculous, to be honest.
    Hmm maybe the priest slept on the bell and it got .. you know.. squished? :<

10+ Year Old Account
    myeh, I quite like the new armor sets. The sets you're proposing would a) not fit even slightly in with the WoW aesthetic b) would either require a whole new graphics engine, or would be resigned to looking godawful.

I think have done pretty well with set/item design, considering how frakkin old the WoW graphics engine is
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Keep awesome gear for challenge modes/harder to get. I'm still trying to find a good group to get the last 2 dungeons done. it is harder on a low pop realm =/

I don't think Blizzard doesn't do such models because they don't want to make these but more they simply can't make such models with their current tech.

Cloaks use all the same 3D model and only use different textures so that it looks like they have different shapes. The same goes for gloves, boots, chest and pants. The character model has predefined 3D extensions that are switched on and off depending on which textures are loaded (you can compare it to tessilation) and the only real 3D models we have are shoulder and head pieces and belt-buckles.

Coats would be cool but they would have to make chest pieces 3D models and do some animations for this model that look good on every race. It's possible to do but a lot of work.

So I think it won't happen in the near future but I think the new gear looks good as always and seeing the new troll models I can't wait to see the new player models Blizzard is working on.

This isn't anime.

Deleted
    First of all, stop using spaces betwen all punctuation marks, it's annoying and doesn't make your post look "cool".

Secondly, nobody wants to see this anime crap in WoW. WoW's art style is good as it is. Using models that look similar to the ones you posted would make the game look cheap and unoriginal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    This isn't anime.
    yet the game is getting each time more dragonball-like.

warriors jumping and crashing the floor. rogues moving so fast it looks like they are teleporting. monks flying and sending balls of chi. et cetera.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

It's possible that they might overhaul the graphics engine for armor. I do remember the tier armor artist talking about wanting to do that at Blizzcon 2011, but like I said. The closest possibility to that is after the player model overhaul, as -- with the new skeletons and system -- it will probably be easier to create new models, and I doubt Blizzard would want to do the modeling job once now and then do it again after they overhaul the player models, lol.

You can already see a bit of 3D modeling with the pandaren starting clothes on pandaren (other races don't have it)

Example:

see how the pants have their own model and aren't pasted directly on the legs and the chest armor have those white parts at shoulders that have a model.

Like I said. It's very much possible, but not after all of the models have been overhauled (vanilla and TBC models)

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 05:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Veysa View Post
    First of all, stop using spaces betwen all punctuation marks, it's annoying and doesn't make your post look "cool".

Secondly, nobody wants to see this anime crap in WoW. WoW's art style is good as it is. Using models that look similar to the ones you posted would make the game look cheap and unoriginal.
    Please learn to read. ._.

The OP was moreso talking about the style of the clothes. None of that strikes me as excessively anime. Or do you want to state that manga/anime artists created coats? lol.

Come on guys . Let's be a bit more honest . Sure such sets will require more work . But it doesn't mean , that these sets won't fit to wow .

After all , developers have already involved players deep into asian culture . Plus , they added so much tons of " junk " items in game .

I'm actually can't imagine that such cool transmog items won't fit wow .

Do you really think , that frying pan and chef's hat fits for wow more than such weapon ? Seriously ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post

Please learn to read. ._.

The OP was moreso talking about the style of the clothes. None of that strikes me as excessively anime. Or do you want to state that manga/anime artists created coats? lol.
    I guess it depends on how you interpret his post. The pictures he posted reek of anime and it's not something that would look good in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan97 View Post
    Do you really think , that frying pan and chef's hat fits for wow more than such weapon ? Seriously ?
    Yes, because they suit the cartoony style of Warcraft.
    Last edited by mmocfb48eef360; 2012-12-22 at 04:46 PM.

Of course they reek of anime, because they are anime pictures and the guy maybe likes anime.

Also, WoW is cartoon. Anime is japanese cartoon (loosely converted) so I don't see what your point is.

He only said that items like that should be implemented; not that Blizzard should change their art style to make them exactly like that. It's the style in which it's done that makes it anime, not the items themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    This isn't anime.
    Are you talking about wow ? Sure this is not anime . It's a bit sad , but with MOP release , wow became real disney !

Have you known , that they bought panda model from pixar ?

I'm actually , not such a big fan of disney , so as anime , but such design of cloth seems me much better , than " dancing panda " .

Try to understand , it doesn't mean , that wow should be transformed into anime ! It could be much better , than anime !

If you still haven't shared my worries , then here you are an example . Imagine please :

Plump male panda into " dress " ( Robe ) and " elton john style pink glasses " . Plus : " super noob " style cloak and frying pan .

Do you really think that such style fits for wow more than this one ?

I just chosen several pictures from the net . But these models of armor and weapon seems be better , than " super nuba elton john style " . Don't you think so ?

These are just some examples of not bad designs for transmog sets . Graphics depends of developers .