Thread: oh come on....

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

oh come on....

dude wtf.. now the hunter in 5.2 will be more nerf.............why blizzard just delete the hunter class..... -.-''

The only nerf they are receiving is the increase on the cooldown of Silencing Shot. If that's all it takes to make you think they should delete them maybe an MMO with it's constant updates isn't the genre for you.

The only nerf is Silencing shot CD increase, which isn't even anything major... Just slight buffs and QoL improvements(Marked for Death Glyph gone)

I don't like the glyph of liberation. We fought hard to get the original form of exhilaration (self heal on disengage) removed, now they're trying to bring it back as a glyph. I like my glyph set up, but this would be nothing short of mandatory for pvp. I can't say enough that I don't like self heals attached to escape mechanics, especially when both are so few and so precious to us.

The Hunter's mark thing doesn't surprise me in the least, as they're clearly just trying to reduce the number of buttons we have. And yet, they STILL haven't combined serpent sting and widow venom. WHAT'S IT GOING TO TAKE BLIZZARD?
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Quote Originally Posted by payasso View Post
    dude wtf.. now the hunter in 5.2 will be more nerf.............why blizzard just delete the hunter class..... -.-''
    If they did, who would all of the other classes kill then?

I'm only seeing buffs/quality of life changes.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I'm only seeing buffs/quality of life changes.

This - People can't complain if anything you are loosing 1 less glyph required for raiding and if you wanted can use a glyph that heals on disengage (useful for some fights)

and reducing focus cost of binding is good as that is sometimes an issue.

reducing cooldon of widows venom is also a buff. usefull for stuff like challenge modes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally would prefer that Blizzard does not delete the Hunter class.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    The Hunter's mark thing doesn't surprise me in the least, as they're clearly just trying to reduce the number of buttons we have. And yet, they STILL haven't combined serpent sting and widow venom. WHAT'S IT GOING TO TAKE BLIZZARD?
    This does not reduce buttons any more than the Glyph did, because you still need to have HM available for marking stuff before pulls or inside CC when you don't want it restealthing after break.

Quote Originally Posted by payasso View Post
    Wait what? Are we reading the same things? Because outside of a 4 second increase to silencing shot, which would make no major difference in PVE, - I didn't see any actual nerfs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    I personally would prefer that Blizzard does not delete the Hunter class.

This does not reduce buttons any more than the Glyph did, because you still need to have HM available for marking stuff before pulls or inside CC when you don't want it restealthing after break.
    but if a fight lasts more than 5 mins (most do) this means dont need to refresh so once combat has started the buttons are reduced which is the issue here. and just means can get rid of one glyph for something else.

the nerf to silencing shot is a kick in the nutz, but at the same time we get a 5% dmg buff IN PVP, as no sane person could free up a glyph slot for this regarding the alternatives.

edit:
    people need to train their reading comprehension.
    in pvp nobody who actually knows the benefits of the other glyphs on each map uses the mfd glyph 99% of the time, and the mark itself gets dispelled/drops way too often to use it anytime it's not up (e.g. target swap).
    as you get mfd in 5.2 automatically that's how your damage is increased by 5%.
    Last edited by Flaim; 2012-12-22 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    the nerf to silencing shot is a kick in the nutz, but at the same time we get a 5% dmg buff IN PVP, as no sane person could free up a glyph slot for this regarding the alternatives.
    Uh, there is no damage increase buffs going in with 5.2 (yet).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post

only 5% present is the 5% healing from disengage lmao. so confused ;P

i feel like he is talking from a pvp point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Casual View Post
    And yet we still didn't get a 5% damage increase in PvP so he's still talking out his ass.

Deleted
    yeah doesnt matter how you look at there isnt a dmg increase also i think we go he was talking about PvP by stating it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yavania View Post
    but if a fight lasts more than 5 mins (most do) this means dont need to refresh so once combat has started the buttons are reduced which is the issue here. and just means can get rid of one glyph for something else.
    But in PvE you had the Glyph already so nothing has changed about that, either.

Also, I have to be blunt, 1 HM per 5 minutes is not contributing to "too many buttons". In heavy target switching then yes, both the GCD and the hotkey were annoying. But that issue has been dead in PvE since MFD went classwide, because even if you don't run MFD on all fights, it was silly not to glyph it any time the excessive marking would be an actual issue. (plus, alternatives for DPS boost were low already)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Casual View Post
    [snip]also i think we go he was talking about PvP by stating it :P
    how did you two sherlock's guessed that? i'm sure it wasn't the upper case written "IN PVP", was it? now i even made it bold and size 7, just for you.

only 5% present is the 5% healing from disengage lmao. so confused ;P
    And yet we still didn't get a 5% damage increase in PvP so he's still talking out his ass.
    read the editted part of the previous post and marvel at my brilliance

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    how did you two sherlock's guessed that? i'm sure it wasn't the upper case written "IN PVP", was it? now i even made it bold and size 7, just for you.

read the editted part of the previous post and marvel at my brilliance
    I use MFD in pvp because it is really easy just to forget about it and less wasted GCD when focusing someone. So you were just saying that whoever didn't use MFD got a buff in pvp, but whoever did got a free glyph slot. Saying we got a 5% damage buff in pvp was just misleading though.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Lmao hunter got buffed if anything for PvE, slight PvP nerf but who cares. If you want to whine about a class getting nerfed go laugh at Warlocks.