Thread: PvP purpose

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

PvP purpose

Is it time for locks to quit/reroll with 5.2 just around the corner?

What exactly are the positives for us?

Feel bad as it is playing PvP as lock.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of changes across the board for a lot of classes. Those could indirectly prove very positive for the class in spite of nerfs to our own abilities. Same thing happened last expansion; some of our biggest buffs were on the face of it, relatively minor nerfs they applied to other classes.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know the only reason why I haven't chose to re-roll is because green fire and I'm being honest about that haha no but really there really isn't much positives BUT the embertap heal that may not actually go live.

Deleted
    The changes look quite reasonable for 5.2, we are getting a slight nerf but other classes, as Jessicka said, are also getting a nerf and that will make us pretty strong. The biggest change is really the blood fear one and a lot of warlocks don't even use that as it is, we always managed without the instant fear so going back to it won't be a big deal. As for 5.1 pvp, personally I'm destroying people as destro no problem. My biggest challenge is always warriors and considering they are getting a second wind nerf I'm optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    You know the only reason why I haven't chose to re-roll is because green fire and I'm being honest about that haha no but really there really isn't much positives BUT the embertap heal that may not actually go live.
    That embertap change is beyond ridiculous I have no idea how they thought this is okay yet nerf Sacrificial pact which was only MAYBE's only affliction saving grace defensive CD.....
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

True. I hope ember tap doesnt go live...
    blood fear...we will see...
    and im also worried about the sacrificial pact..
    anwyays, still looking for a good last tier talent... and also in the unbound will tier too

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the nerfs will have too much of an effect on us. We will have to hardcast fear again, I've always used dark bargain and grim of sac so idc about sacrificial pact. The 5% nerf sucks but I don't think it is game breaking. We will see. I play destruction on my lock exclusively btw, always have.

With the new changes blizzard are basically screwing half the classes so you will see highly inflated ladders if most of the changes go through. pvp is becoming more and more about rerolling than playing what you like.

Hunter/Rogue/Healer will dominate next season. Prepare to be smoke bomb/zoo blitzed into infinitum.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Deleted
    Im laying low as fk atm trying not to rage-quit because of stupid nerfs to my druid and my warlock.
    If the havent sorted out the retarded cyclone-nerf for ferals then im definetly quitting the feral.
    Ill have to wait and see just how big the nerfs to affliction is before i can decide if i should play it or not.

Really dumb patch pvp-wise so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    There are a lot of changes across the board for a lot of classes. Those could indirectly prove very positive for the class in spite of nerfs to our own abilities. Same thing happened last expansion; some of our biggest buffs were on the face of it, relatively minor nerfs they applied to other classes.
    Rogues got huge buffs they were pathetically weak but some of those buffs are godly, I think I never saw a class so much buffed in a single patch.

And hunters were barely touched

I do hope that they're looking at interrupts and silences across all characters, and not only warlock and mage. It would be retarded to only nerf blanket silence to be an interrupt only for the two only, and still keep priest silence, hunter's, melee silence etc as they are.
    Last edited by hplaner; 2012-12-22 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hplaner View Post
    I do hope that they're looking at interrupts and silences across all characters, and not only warlock and mage. It would be retarded to only nerf blanket silence to be an interrupt only for the two only, and still keep priest silence, hunter's, melee silence etc as they are.
    Hunter's seems to stay how it is now, except for the cd increase. All other spell-lock abilities have had their silence removed from them, making them only lock out one school if they interrupt successfully. Priest is a silence with no interrupt and the same goes for the solar beam. Warriors had Gag Order nerfed quite a while ago.

Dont charge you wow account.we are not a tester guy for BLZ

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Rogues got huge buffs they were pathetically weak but some of those buffs are godly, I think I never saw a class so much buffed in a single patch.

And hunters were barely touched
    I may even touch my rogue here again like those buffs are actually ridiculously good with the exception of blade flurry but thankfully I don't pve anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    In before embertap glyph going live and a few days later we see a hotfix where they nerf embertap by 50%
    As for pvp, I'm seriously considering to level my rogue to 90 seeing they are probably getting overbuffed seeing how warlocks are being shit on (imo that is).

slight nerf? it's the biggest nerf yet
    you just don't wanna see it because of the green fire, that's the only reason why they released it
    to make us see past all the nerfs in 5.2

What nerf?

oh wait, you still play aff and destro???!?!?!?!?.. . .

you have no grasp on what you're missing. This isn't even just another caster anymore. I'm going to link you to a photo of a real warlock.

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1356295188

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    What nerf?

oh wait, you still play aff and destro???!?!?!?!?.. . .

you have no grasp on what you're missing. This isn't even just another caster anymore. I'm going to link you to a photo of a real warlock.

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1356295188
    Yeah, like demo ain't getting nerfs...

I only play demo, was talking about blood fear being total rubbish in 5.2 aswell as my 250k shield going to be a 125k shield.
    The damn shield didn't even factor in resillience, ppl could nuke through it in 2 seconds in pvp, why the fuck is it getting nerfed.

First auras are totally gutted, no range, mad high fury cost and they only reduce physical dmg by 10% !?
    Then chaos wave is fucked, it costed alot fury and ppl could easily outrun it, still they gutted it.

I tell ya they are tearing this class apart piece by piece, betcha the next thing that will go is glyph of soul consumption or doom, as ppl don't wanna dispell it for a few mana and then they get some 150k ticks they will qq at blizzards door. I mean if you got a spell on you that's called DOOM, fucking dispell it, don't let it tick out and then complain.

On top of that most of us won't say anything because they get green fire ^^
    And this is just about demo, not even talking about one spell hero and dotting speccs. Those are already fucked.