Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why is it that I have no Drive to Play anygame ATM

Right now I have no Drive to play any game at the moment, I log on and log right back off of, D3, WoW. I turn on my Xbox to play Skyrim and turn it right back off as well. Even with Halo 4 i start a game then leave because I just dont feel like playing, Downloaded some free game called Happy wars kept my interest for an hour or so, yet now. I just dont have any interest to play any games. Sometimes when I watch T.V im like wtf, and try to find something else to do. HALP!!! what do you do or gimmie suggestions! Yes I have a G/F been dating for almost 3 years now. she is amazingly beautiful and have a job. The excitement of games sounds good when im away but when I actually play its like MEH!

Eh, sometimes you're just not in the mood. Happens to about everybody. Take a break from games, maybe you've gotten burnt out.

Some of the things I do when I get burnt out from games:

Read
    Watch TV (usually I come up with a list of shows I want to watch and watch them beginning to end online)
    Go to the gym
    Write (I enjoy writing novels, occasionally poetry or short stories as well)
    Just go for a walk. If there are any nature trails nearby, that can be an excellent way to kill a few hours and reboot yourself.

Usually when I get like this, a week or two away from games does me wonders. Then it's right back in.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    That's happened to me before too. You know how to fix that problem? Hit the gym. Seriously. Go lift some weights for an hour, get in the habit of that and gaming feels a million times more rewarding and enjoyable.
    I can actually second this. Exercise has a strange way of changing one's mood.

Go and work out for an hour or more, come back and you'll feel different, try it.

I'm in kind of a video game slump at the moment as well. So I'm just reading books and watching NetFlix. I wish they would hurry up and get the 3rd season of The Walking Dead.

Same thing happened to me, I never fully recovered from it. Games just lose their taste after so many years playing them as a hobby. One thing that helped me delve back into the realm of fantasy is reading A Song of Fire and Ice series of books by George R.R. Martin. They made an HBO series called, "Game of Thrones" which is based on said books. After quitting WoW due to boredom, I suddenly found myself missing the game. This was during Cataclysm, bout 6-7 months b4 MOP dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    Eh, sometimes you're just not in the mood. Happens to about everybody. Take a break from games, maybe you've gotten burnt out.

Some of the things I do when I get burnt out from games:

Read
    Watch TV (usually I come up with a list of shows I want to watch and watch them beginning to end online)
    Go to the gym
    Write (I enjoy writing novels, occasionally poetry or short stories as well)
    Just go for a walk. If there are any nature trails nearby, that can be an excellent way to kill a few hours and reboot yourself.

Usually when I get like this, a week or two away from games does me wonders. Then it's right back in.
    By the sounds of it to OP isn't just burned out on games though.
    I've had this for the last few years...can't be arsed gaming reading or watching DVD's or TV. i have a over 150 books over 200 DVD's and plenty of games i couldn't sit and enjoy any of it.
    I suspect you have many worries and have a fair bit of free time.
    I have been unemployed for 3 years and the first year i played and read constantly but then as i couldn't find a job and problems started heaping up it came to the point that i would do what you do...turn the game on look at the screen then log off, reading i would make a chapter before leaving the book and not return to it.

I've got to a point now where I bore very quickly with games too, I'll normally stick on a game & maybe play a chapter or map depending on the game but after a while just think "meh, I can't be bothered" and switch it off. I just assumed that it means that as I'm getting older my patience & will to spend hours playing games these days is diminishing as I find other things which "take priority" in my life, seemed to start right about when I starting hitting the gym and as the year has went on I've noticed it getting more noticable.

It's not strictly limited to games with me either though, unless it engages me quickly, I tend to get bored within 10-15 minutes!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow's no longer interesting D3 lost interest the month it came out, Halo 4 is only fun if you find the multiplayer fun, and even then I could not see someone playing that, everyday. Judging from that, you just need more games, steam winter sale is going on, could find a few things on there. Whenever I get bored I just go on though and play Skyrim, the mods make it so it's never the same play experience, always something new popping up that's worth a try.

Maybe you're just moving on. It happens, embrace it, find the new hobby you're looking for.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Maybe you're just moving on. It happens, embrace it, find the new hobby you're looking for.
    Like making video games!

I only feel like this when I am not working. I absolutely hate vacations/time off as it normally means my joy for gaming decreases. I have been off for a week now and I haven't been able to keep interest in anything for longer than 20-30 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can't answer this for you. It's like asking why one would have no desire to eat quiche or study astrobiology.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    We can't answer this for you. It's like asking why one would have no desire to eat quiche or study astrobiology.
    Well I can, its cause the OP dosen't get good games released. Yes it my typical answer to these threads, but Im gonna stick with it. I also have what the OP have sometimes, and its not cause I dont feel like gaming, just no games can keep being interesting long enough. Mainly wow not being as good as before is a problem for many on these forums I bet trough
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

perhaps find other things that you find enjoyable? games are not the end all be all of hobbies or pastimes that are fun. IDK just spitballing here.

Part of my problem is I'm waiting for a game to come out next year. And I want to play that game that I can't play yet cause it's not out instead of the other games that I do have that I could play. *sigh* I wish they would hurry up and release the beta for ESO already. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annthrax View Post
    Right now I have no Drive to play any game at the moment, I log on and log right back off of, D3, WoW. I turn on my Xbox to play Skyrim and turn it right back off as well. Even with Halo 4 i start a game then leave because I just dont feel like playing, Downloaded some free game called Happy wars kept my interest for an hour or so, yet now. I just dont have any interest to play any games. Sometimes when I watch T.V im like wtf, and try to find something else to do. HALP!!! what do you do or gimmie suggestions! Yes I have a G/F been dating for almost 3 years now. she is amazingly beautiful and have a job. The excitement of games sounds good when im away but when I actually play its like MEH!
    Happened to me several times before. I just take some time off from gaming usually a couple of weeks and try to do something different. After that I can come back and enjoy gaming.

BTW t.v. is so overrated.

15+ Year Old Account
    take a break from gaming. not like quit in for a long time but go out and do things outside of the house for a few hours here and there.

I think it is just part of getting older man. I still log on for my two night raiding guild but I have a hard time keeping interest in any of the new stuff really. I think our generation has just been playing games and growing up on them we have seen about everything. I have actually been really enjoying my arcade box I build and playing through a bunch of old 8 and 16 bit games. It is a big, beautiful world out there with a ton to do. Go outside and do some stuff.

I've been doing the same thing for the last month or so. I find to me that its just a slump in gaming right now, nothing is out that really seems to be all that great.

I was hyped for MoP for quite a while but quit after a month because I'm just so bored of it already.
    D3 was keeping me entertained until my barb was killed in HC by a dc.
    PoE is great but there's no reason to play because characters are getting wiped in less than a month.
    Skyrim was fun but I'm at like level 50(~?) now and done with all the main quests and main side quests.
    Borderlands 2 was fun through the first playthrough but really no reason to play again.
    The walking dead is fun but I can really only sit through it for 30 minutes at a time or so.

I don't know. None of my other bajillion steam games really hold my interest or sound intriguing to play. Something good needs to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jämeson View Post
    I think it is just part of getting older man. I still log on for my two night raiding guild but I have a hard time keeping interest in any of the new stuff really. I think our generation has just been playing games and growing up on them we have seen about everything. I have actually been really enjoying my arcade box I build and playing through a bunch of old 8 and 16 bit games. It is a big, beautiful world out there with a ton to do. Go outside and do some stuff.
    Nah, I don't think age has anything to do with it. Some of us are the over 40 crowd and have been playing video games since we were like 7 years old. That's a long time to play games. You just take breaks from gaming now and then. But you never get too old for it.