For hybrids: is stacking your main stat the way to go instead of pvp power?

Since pvp power only gives dmg OR healing depending on your spec, should main stat stacking be the way to go?

I remember main stats were only slightly worse at scaling compared to pvp power but because of the hybrid nerf is main stat(especially agility) worth it?

PVP Power should still scale better than your main stat. PVP Power should only be gemmed if your playstyle/comp is extremely defensive to where you don't really need to gem resilience. Typically, you should gem resilience.

As a Ret, you *need* to gem Resi. It's not an option. PVP power only adds to half of our class (damage component) and doesn't affect our offheals and stuff. At most, if you're covered by good heals you can afford 160/160 Power/Resi Gems.

I suspect for many other hybrids e.g. Ele Shaman this is also true.

Honestly, I'd look up a few 2400-2500 players of the class you're desiring to play and try to find one that plays the same comp as you and see how they're gemming.

Deleted
    Everyone in high end arenas is gemming full PVP Resilience. Doesnt matter if its pure, hybrid or healer. Resilience is the way to go.

+320 resi in yellow sockets
    +160 power +160 resilience in the other ones
    +160 stat in red ones (int/str/agi)

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Everyone in high end arenas is gemming full PVP Resilience. Doesnt matter if its pure, hybrid or healer. Resilience is the way to go.

+320 resi in yellow sockets
    +160 power +160 resilience in the other ones
    +160 stat in red ones (int/str/agi)
    Or sometimes,

+320 resi in yellow
    +320 resi in other ones
    +320 resi in red ones

it depends on your class and comp. For instance, playing Enh / Warr / Hpala or something similar, most teams will train the Enh all day long so gemming full resi could be the way to go.