Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I prefer the older one.The eyes on the new one just look... soulless. The wings just look to thin and straight to the point where it's a straight line.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-12-23 at 05:33 PM.

It's fine. Just like every other monster that has gotten other models added(wolves, cats, raptors, etc). It's a seperate species. It's evolved and changed(let's pull Darwin up in hurrrr). Maybe due to the constant stress of war and the pressure and climate changes and whatever have caused it to change. And the eyes? Plenty of evolutionary reasons behind this. These new gryphons lack scleras, and their pupils may now be slits or smaller due to whatever reason. Just look at the multitudes of eye types in our wild. They don't follow a set course, even amongst a common Order/Suborders. Same with the beaks, although it looks more decorative. Could be protection for the eyes from the front since it protrudes up.

The point is, it's not supposed to be the old gryphon. Otherwise, it would be. It's a different monster. It clearly is. You can dislike it, but don't try and justify it as being a bad model or whatever simply because its not the same gryphon.
    Last edited by Renley; 2012-12-23 at 05:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    It would be nice if they could clean up the new Gryphon models.
    They look very dirty compared to the old ones:
    Congratulations, you're the reason why it's taking Blizzard so long to create new player models. People whine over everything.

Wingspan reminds me of Invincible's original model. Still wouldn't use it over my Azure Drake/Flametalon unless I was herbing on my priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Congratulations, you're the reason why it's taking Blizzard so long to create new player models. People whine over everything.
    Blizzard has to get the player models correct, as the fallout over that would be worse than the RealID fiasco. That's how you'll appear on your main to the world, and in a game where appearance/brawn matters, a mistake there will have even grandpa out with a pitchfork and rope.

Artists going too far there for "Art for Art's sake" will have an Oscar Wilde moment.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Well, it can be considered an inhumane act and cruel and unusual punishment for Alliance, since it's an Alliance only object.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 11:50 AM ----------

There are reasons why the US and the England has the eagle and lion as national symbols. It's not just because they're majestic, either.
    And? These are Gryphons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    And the eyes? Plenty of evolutionary reasons behind this. Just look at the multitudes of eye types in our wild.
    Get back to us where any species known in our wild has literally glowing eyes, especially of eagles. It doesn't exist. You're more likely to find an eagle/lion hybrid before that!

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 12:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    And? These are Gryphons.
    And are powerful symbols for Alliance.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    And? These are Gryphons.
    Which is... wait for it... A lion and eagle merged together.

Arguing with people on this site is like banging your head on a wall and arguably more painful too.

let's talk about how sexy the new wyvern is though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post

Arguing with people on this site is like banging your head on a wall and arguably more painful too.
    It still has a different appearance to the two directly stuck onto the other, not only are classic renditions of Gryphons not white feathered but they also aren't pure bodied lions. Regardless, WoWs mythological creatures might share the same name as ours but they aren't always the same, take Wyverns for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Yeah but!... something about eagles and england and the alliance. Logic left the building quite a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Get back to us where any species known in our wild has literally glowing eyes, especially of eagles. It doesn't exist. You're more likely to find an eagle/lion hybrid before that!
    Like Gryphons are in our wild?

And plenty of animals in World of Warcraft have glowing eyes.
    http://wow-petopia.com/look/wolfskinblack.html
    http://wow-petopia.com/look/tigergem...ckspotted.html
    http://wow-petopia.com/look/chimeraskin01.html
    http://wow-petopia.com/look/mistfoxskinbrown.html
    http://wow-petopia.com/look/basilisk_outlandgreen.html

Why should gryphons be the exception? We can't bring our world into the Warcrafts, especially when it comes to a mythological creature and its anatomy.
    Last edited by Renley; 2012-12-23 at 05:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, who really cares? This mount will be used for about 2mnths and then switch to something better looking.

Off-Topic: Cant wait until 5.2 to ride a Triceratops. My fav dinosaur since a kid. Hope its for both factions.

take Wyverns for example.
    WoW just switched up Wyverns and Chimeras. Not sure why they did that. *shrugs*

WoW just switched up Wyverns and Chimeras. Not sure why they did that. *shrugs*
    Manticores, not chimeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should gryphons be the exception?
    Nope! But don't expect us to like them.
    I also find the lack of pupils makes them look a little less tame (I suppose?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Manticores have human heads though. They're more like gliscors lol

Quote Originally Posted by queggz View Post
    Is this really what we've come to complain about? The new gryphon model? Aren't there any upcoming class nerfs to whine about or something?

I quite like the new model, tbh all the new models look fantastic.
    was seriously thinking the same thing, really guys qq about gryphon model since its so important. I like it, but my opinion doesnt count since i wouldnt be caught dead rolling an alliance toon, especially since this is the stuff you cry about lol ;p its just 1 model in one game

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Bah, duh. Whoops. I dont know what I was thinking. So I guess Wyverns are just Manticores, and apparently Chimeras are chimeras. I need coffee. And food. x_x

Bah, duh. Whoops. I dont know what I was thinking. So I guess Wyverns are just Manticores, and apparently Chimeras are chimeras. I need coffee. And food. x_x
    I still expect Blizzard to create an armless dragon and name it Manticore just to troll us.