Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Storm, Earth, and Fire: cosmetic crap?

EDIT: in retrospect I should have posted this in the main thread rather than make my own. sorry for clutter!

I was initially really excited for our new ability. WW's lack of cleave in 2 and 3 target situations is my biggest gripe with the class, and 120% damage in these situations would be great, especially with an old school ability.

However then I got a thinking: the ability, as written, only seems to duplicate special attacks and not white damage. So in a 2 target fight, 60% of normal damage plus 60% of special attack damage ~= 100% of normal damage. Does nothing to increase our dps, just spreads our damage in a way similar to tabbing between targets. Additionally, the ability seems to be balanced around NOT ever being a dps increase. Since as currently written, we can pop the ability on a single target, it can't be set up to increase our single target dps (which is high compared to other classes). I'd also doubt that it would increase our dps in aoe situations through spinning crane kick, as it seems likely that the mirrors would only damage 1 target.

It feels like a cool ability that as currently implemented is useless. WWs need a dps increase in 2 and 3 target situations, and this does absolutely nothing to address that. Going to be interesting to see how it changes on the PTR. The only fix I can think of is if the mirrors do ALL our damage, but cannot attack the same target as each other or our main character.

As of now (obviously based on rampant speculation), I'm pretty disappointed.
    Last edited by Moncoko; 2012-12-22 at 06:22 PM.

It's just an assumption, but maybe clones continue to do damage even when you are running out from voidzones or need to stay away from boss.

Even if just cosmetic, i'd still love it.

What i'd give for DKs to be able to summon their little snowstorms with Horn of Winter in combat but Monks have me covered if this is an in-combat cosmetic, which it will be.

Plus you have to consider that the 'copies' might also be able to crit and so on, which I believe was what made glyphed Shadow Bolt etc preferable (at least, the last time I checked)

Quote Originally Posted by Moncoko View Post
    EDIT: in retrospect I should have posted this in the main thread rather than make my own. sorry for clutter!

I was initially really excited for our new ability. WW's lack of cleave in 2 and 3 target situations is my biggest gripe with the class, and 120% damage in these situations would be great, especially with an old school ability.

However then I got a thinking: the ability, as written, only seems to duplicate special attacks and not white damage. So in a 2 target fight, 60% of normal damage plus 60% of special attack damage ~= 100% of normal damage. Does nothing to increase our dps, just spreads our damage in a way similar to tabbing between targets. Additionally, the ability seems to be balanced around NOT ever being a dps increase. Since as currently written, we can pop the ability on a single target, it can't be set up to increase our single target dps (which is high compared to other classes). I'd also doubt that it would increase our dps in aoe situations through spinning crane kick, as it seems likely that the mirrors would only damage 1 target.

It feels like a cool ability that as currently implemented is useless. WWs need a dps increase in 2 and 3 target situations, and this does absolutely nothing to address that. Going to be interesting to see how it changes on the PTR. The only fix I can think of is if the mirrors do ALL our damage, but cannot attack the same target as each other or our main character.

And people like you, is whats wrong with the WoW community, u get a new ability which is gonna be fun for PvP so people may target there burst on ur clone. Instead of enjoying it and being happy. You whine and moan cause its not a DPS increase. Not everything has to be a DPS increase u sad loser.

I have to insult you for your A class level of stupidity.

Mod edit: You're not supposed to insult people. If you want to make a point, do so without being rude.
    Last edited by The Madgod; 2012-12-23 at 11:35 PM.

Diablo III monk clones, wow version

Though, i know it will get nerfed much more then D3's version when it gets live

I'm just dissappointed its Windwalker only, I want this for my brewmaster because it's bad ass looking and iconic of the bremaster hero from WCIII, and you complain it's not a DPS increase.

http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutr...ewmaster.shtml

STORM, EARTH AND FIRE
    Splits the Pandaren Brewmaster into elements, forming 3 specialized warriors. If any of them survive until the end of their summoned timer, the Brewmaster is reborn

As a brewmaster monk I can douse a target in booze, then light them on fire light the Pandaren Brewmaster
    As a brewmaster monk I have an ability that lets me avoid damage (that even used to have the same name) as the Pandaren brewmaster
    The only brewmaster ability I dont have as a brewmaster is the ability to split into Storm Earth and Fire.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2012-12-23 at 06:58 PM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Moncoko View Post

Not all cleave ability spread white damage as well you know .... like a warriors cleave and revenge its special attack damage only so no its not useless its just normal.

And doing 120 of special damage IS a damage increase how you think its not I dunno.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post

And doing 120 of special damage IS a damage increase how you think its not I dunno.
    Must be the -20% damage for each clone he sees as a nerf or something.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinalc0rd View Post
    And people like you, is whats wrong with the WoW community, u get a new ability which is gonna be fun for PvP so people may target there burst on ur clone. Instead of enjoying it and being happy. You whine and moan cause its not a DPS increase. Not everything has to be a DPS increase u sad loser.

I have to insult you for your A class level of stupidity.
    Actually to be honest, your statement fits yourself quite well. Bashing a persons opinion on an ability, when not even certain he gives a crap about PvP. Definitely seems like a terrible gamer attitude.

As for the OP, I'm still holding out the hope it will benefit PvE in some way, and not be a pure PvP ability.

The best thing to do is just wait and see. All we have currently are a few lines of text: nobody has seen the ability in action, nor had any chance to test it. We could all quite easily be missing something very important about the ability because it's not documented in the tooltip. Not to mention that everything on the PTR is subject to change.

So yeah: wait and see.

One of the other things to consider is whether or not it duplicates the BoK dot. Minor as that may be, it is extra damage.

why can't people just even wait till the ptr is up and see it in action....

It's still a dps increase and would do slightly more damage than blade flurry will do once it's nerfed. not sure what your complaint is.

until we can actually test the skill I dont really see the point in critizing it yet.. yet...

Can we be prudent enough to actually use the dam ability before pointing out its flaws?

Its like saying the sky is falling, without even looking at the sky. OP, please at least wait till we use the ability then critizce

Deleted
    It should be a minor DPS increase when cleaving. Don't forget on top of that, Blade Flurry got a gigantic nerf as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they are making cleaving only a very minor DPS increase across the board for all (melee) classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    Diablo III monk clones, wow version

Though, i know it will get nerfed much more then D3's version when it gets live
    It share the exact same name and similar effect of the Warcraft 3 brewmaster spell.
    And people call it a Diablo 3 clone...

To OP: We know nothing about how it actually work in game, as you said yourself all complainant you made is by on your own guess. Maybe wait before complaining please?
    Last edited by Exorte; 2012-12-24 at 07:52 PM.

Deleted
    Alright hold the phones, this will be off-topic but I need this cleared up for my own sanity.

Weren't the Pandaren in Warcraft 3 simply different elements and had some elemental-related abilities depending on which element they were? Not talking about the Brewmaster and several other non-elemental Pandaren of course.

I thought Brewmaster from the mod DotA was the first Pandaren who could split up into multiple elemental pandas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Alright hold the phones, this will be off-topic but I need this cleared up for my own sanity.

Weren't the Pandaren in Warcraft 3 simply different elements and had some elemental-related abilities depending on which element they were? Not talking about the Brewmaster and several other non-elemental Pandaren of course.

I thought Brewmaster from the mod DotA was the first Pandaren who could split up into multiple elemental pandas.
    Nope, it was the Warcraft III Brewmaster who had it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post

Nope the DotA spell was a direct port of the Warcraft 3 Pandaren Brewmaster ability.
    Last edited by Exorte; 2012-12-24 at 08:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Nope, it was the Warcraft III Brewmaster who had it first.
    I guess it shows how long ago it's been since I even touched Warcraft 3. Thanks to clearing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte View Post
    Nope the DotA spell was a direct port/ripoff/(whatever you want to call it) of the Warcraft 3 Pandaren Brewmaster ability.
    Actually all four spell of the brewmaster are exactly the same with numbers switch around, at least back when I still play DotA.
    By the way, later in DotA 5 or 6 I think? All custom skins are removed. So all spell/model are from Warcraft 3 except the one hero PL.
    My memory is a little foggy when it comes to Warcraft 3 so I honestly have no idea about the first part. I believe Drunken Brawler has been redesigned at one point. Not sure what you mean with DotA 5 or 6 though, you mean the patch I'm guessing. That is something I honestly wouldn't know. I started playing DotA quite late past patch 6.something and shortly after switched to a different moba which was meant to be a DotA remake back then.

Anyway glad I'm wrong. I'm very happy to see older abilities return to World of Warcraft.

Thanks to the clarification.