Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New race model/skin possibilities. [Speculation, theory, wishes, etc]

This might have been done a million times before, but I'm going to go ahead and make this thread in light of the 5.2 troll models.

It isn't news that a huge part of the player base has been asking for alternate skins or models of current player races. Wildhammer dwarves, Mag'har orcs, etcetera.

I wanted to use this thread to compile a list of alternate skins and models Blizzard could give to each race to make them even more fun to play. It might not happen, but we sure can wish for it.

I'll also be listing certain skin/model possibilities in colors that indicate how likely it is that Blizzard will implement them.

Very likely - It would be a surprise if Blizzard didn't implement this, given the demand, ease and lore.
    Likely - It may very well happen
    Possible - It may or may not happen.
    Unlikely - Not very likely to happen.
    Impossible - This will never happen.

The Horde

• Orcs: Mag'har Orc, Dragonmaw Orc, Fel Orc
    • Trolls: Zandalari Troll, Farakki Troll, Amani Troll, Drakkari Troll, Dire Troll
    • Undead: Undead High Elf,
    • Blood Elves: Wretched Blood Elf, Fel Elves
    • Tauren: Grimtotem, Taunka
    • Goblins: <nothing at this time>

The Alliance

• Humans: Vrykul, High Elf(? -also listed at night elves)
    • Dwarves: Wildhammer Dwarf, Dark Iron Dwarf, Earthen Dwarf, Frost Dwarf
    • Night Elves: Highborne, High Elf(? - also listed at humans)
    • Gnomes: Leper Gnome, Mechagnome ( useful, would fit 'mechanical race' niche)
    • Draenei: Krokul/Broken
    • Worgen: Cataclysm Alpha model (explanation for difference could be that live ones are Arugal worgen and the alpha ones are gilnean or vice versa)

Both

• Pandaren: No need for any alternate models.

Of course, feel free to add a reason why one skin/model option should be more or less likely, or add a suggestion for another skin/model + the reason why.

Also feel free to discuss, of course!
    Last edited by Yogg-Saron, God of Death; 2012-12-23 at 08:54 PM. Reason: added some of Totle's suggestions.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Aren't Dire trolls the really huge ones? Would probably put that as an unlikely...

For humans, rather than different races, I'd like to see more body shapes.

Earthen/Frost dwarves could also be an option.

I think Forsaken orcs would cool. They had them in WC3.

I think wretched use the Forsaken model. Perhaps as an alternative we could have the Fel Elves from Sunwell.

Yeah. I didn't add it all. I changed it before you commented on it. Dire Trolls would be cool, but pretty damn unlikely. Oh yes. Fel Elves! Thanks!

you should change fel orc to unlikely or impossible.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Deleted
    I thought Leper gnomes were crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    you should change fel orc to unlikely or impossible.
    Woops. I meant to. Thanks for telling me.

Updated!

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 08:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    I thought Leper gnomes were crazy.
    Most of them are, but I used.. Haggle? The leper gnome in the Deeprun Tram as exception to that rule. On top of that, they only require a skin change.

10+ Year Old Account
    High Elf as a human choice? I'm confused.

Gilgoblin for Goblins perhaps? Maybe Hobgoblins too, but they're more like ogres..
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Grimtotem is technically already in the game- get a black tauren skin, and it automatically comes with the red eyes of the Grimtotem.

But yea, I feel that a number of those should have been added with each expansion- BC should have brought Mag'har/Broken skins for the Orcs/Draenei (Or have it already there for the Draenei). Wrath, Taunka/Frost Dwarves, seeing as how both have sided with thier respective factions. Cata, a high number of skins- Dragonmaw, Wildhammer, Highbourne, High Elves, Dark Iron, Venombranch Trolls (Forest Troll skin), ect. Pandaria really hasnt brought that many extra skins that would make sense lore-wise, but yea, a number of new skins should have been added.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post

Most of them are, but I used.. Haggle? The leper gnome in the Deeprun Tram as exception to that rule. On top of that, they only require a skin change.
    Just wanted to point out that most leper gnomes in games (the non aggressive ones anyway) are members of the Forsaken. Should probably keep that in mind for your list.
    Last edited by leaks; 2012-12-23 at 07:58 PM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    High Elf as a human choice? I'm confused.

Gilgoblin for Goblins perhaps? Maybe Hobgoblins too, but they're more like ogres..
    Gilgoblins haven't shown to be friendly at all. They're more like fel orcs, but I guess at least fel orcs could possibly turn friendly if something ever happens. I've thought about Hobgoblins but decided that it'd probably not happen. Should I add them after all?

Well high elves and humans are basically the closest allies of all of them, so I thought that maybe putting them either with night elves or humans would be the best choice. They'd have to make them a bit different from blood elves though. Maybe more feminine and refined. I added them because there's loads of demand for them, and it'd be better than making them a new alliance race. (we know that'll never happen)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Grimtotem is technically already in the game- get a black tauren skin, and it automatically comes with the red eyes of the Grimtotem.

But yea, I feel that a number of those should have been added with each expansion- BC should have brought Mag'har/Broken skins for the Orcs/Draenei (Or have it already there for the Draenei). Wrath, Taunka/Frost Dwarves, seeing as how both have sided with thier respective factions. Cata, a high number of skins- Dragonmaw, Wildhammer, Highbourne, High Elves, Dark Iron, Venombranch Trolls (Forest Troll skin), ect. Pandaria really hasnt brought that many extra skins that would make sense lore-wise, but yea, a number of new skins should have been added.
    I agree. I would have loved to play those, but yeah..

Grimtotem aren't ingame yet though, as those have those odd tattoos that normal tauren don't have! (themoreyouknow... )

10+ Year Old Account
    High Elves wouldn't look like humans at all. Different species all together. Even Half-elves look elvish.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    High Elves wouldn't look like humans at all. Different species all together. Even Half-elves look elvish.
    I'm not saying they do. But I'm just saying that in terms of allegiances, they're closer to humans than the rest. But since they're not humans or like humans, I made them being paired up with humans far less likely than with night elves. You can see that by the color I've given them.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Human Male - Clean up the Chuck Norris model and we're good.

Night Elf Male - Something like Illidan got in 4.3.

Night Elf Female - Something like Tyrande's new model.

Orc Male - First, ditch the hump. Use Thrall's model as inspiration if need be.

Troll Male - Add a hunch to the 5.2 troll models and we're good.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Human Male - Clean up the Chuck Norris model and we're good.

Night Elf Male - Something like Illidan got in 4.3.

Night Elf Female - Something like Tyrande's new model.

Orc Male - First, ditch the hump. Use Thrall's model as inspiration if need be.

Troll Male - Add a hunch to the 5.2 troll models and we're good.
    I sort of agree, but this is more a thread on alternate skins like Mag'har orcs.

Orcs: More angry/almost demonic looking faces such as some of the Grom artwork. Brown/Black skin also to reflect the Mag'har/Dragonmaw joining the Horde

Dwarves: Wildhammer tattoos and Dark Iron/Black skin colour with red eyes.

Draenei: Better legs in general. Their upper bodies look good but Draenei legs, both male and female, are a train wreck.

Worgen: Either a hunch on Females or non-hunch option for Males.

Troll: Same as above. Males are getting beards so i'm already as happy as can be.

Pandaren: Male model is perfect; Female model needs some work with shoulder placement/proportions

Blood Elf: Female model is perfect, males need the same work with shoulder armour as Pandaren females

Undead: Options for varying degrees of rot, eg/ Fresh corpse, half-rotten, skeletal, etc.

Gnomes: I think their model is quite good at it is; needs updated and also proportions could be a bit better when it comes to armour.

Night Elf: Females/Males could both do with looking more feral as in the concept art. Males need an actual waist/ass.

Goblins: Armour could do with looking much better on both; some weird proportions/clipping.

Tauren: Anything in line with the Yaungol/Taunka and i'll be happy. Hopefully the females aren't too neglected.

Humans: Males need to look somewhat normal, mainly in their faces. Females need to get rid of their hobble/limp when they walk and run.
    Last edited by Austilias; 2012-12-23 at 08:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying they do. But I'm just saying that in terms of allegiances, they're closer to humans than the rest. But since they're not humans or like humans, I made them being paired up with humans far less likely than with night elves. You can see that by the color I've given them.
    The sticker is High Elves don't ally with anyone. They're pure narcissism. They regard any other race as below them, so even though aligned with Night and Blood elves as a species, they will deny any association. Haughty is a perfect description of them.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What about Man'ari Eredar Draenei (the red ones) or the buffed out Night Elf druids from WC3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    The sticker is High Elves don't ally with anyone. They're pure narcissism. They regard any other race as below them, so even though aligned with Night and Blood elves as a species, they will deny any association. Haughty is a perfect description of them.
    I'd say that's being a bit harsh; they have a dependence on certain races surely but I by no means consider them to be as arrogant as their Sin'dorei cousins who, even in having been so foolish as to go and get themselves addicted to Fel and almost fall to ruin, still believe themselves to be some manner of superior race; which may well be true, but certainly not in the common sense department.

The High Elves however, parted their Kael'thas-loyal brethren and descended along an arguably harder path; but along the way among other things, they practically became one in the same with many Thereamoreans(?); fighting by their side and even marrying/having half-elven children. Even in regards to the humble Dwarves of the Hinterlands, they established friendly trade relations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gilgoblins haven't shown to be friendly at all. They're more like fel orcs, but I guess at least fel orcs could possibly turn friendly if something ever happens. I've thought about Hobgoblins but decided that it'd probably not happen. Should I add them after all?

Well high elves and humans are basically the closest allies of all of them, so I thought that maybe putting them either with night elves or humans would be the best choice. They'd have to make them a bit different from blood elves though. Maybe more feminine and refined. I added them because there's loads of demand for them, and it'd be better than making them a new alliance race. (we know that'll never happen)
    True, they haven't. But as we don't know how they even came to be, whether it's some blessing by azshara/old gods or use of some alchemy, or natural evolvement, we don't know what makes them unfriendly. If they're just using alchemy (although doubtful) they could make some "mistake" with the formula and become friendly. This truly seems like shit when I wrote it down though, made more sense in my head. Edit: Nah, now that I think about it more I wouldn't add Hobgoblin, in the Goblin society they seem more like servants than anything else. Would be too out of place to play one when the entire sub-race functions as pack-donkeys.

Can't deny that they're close alliance-wise, but picking human as a race and having a high elven subchoice seems incredibly odd. I'd remove them entirely from humans and have them stick only to Night Elf.

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    What about Man'ari Eredar Draenei (the red ones) or the buffed out Night Elf druids from WC3 ?
    Man'ari Eredar are the ones who along with Archimonde and Kil'jaeden decided to stick around with the Burning Legion, having them as a choice for Draenei wouldn't make much sense, in my opinion.
    Last edited by BHD; 2012-12-23 at 08:46 PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I feel that fel elves would simply fall under blood elves, not undead, as they're... not undead. Leper gnomes are typically considered to be rather insane, not likely to ally themselves with Gnomeregan or the sort, but there's a couple leper gnomes who are members of the Forsaken.

And tauren can already be Grimtotem. Just make their fur colour black.