Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    Deleted

Shaman Raid Boss Solo thread (Panda edition)

Some of you will remember this thread from Cata, so (having done a bit of soloing myself recently) I thought I'd get the MoP version going. I know there's some other threads scattered around, but I thought it'd be better to have all the kills and tactical discussions in one place. So I'll start with what I've done so far:
    (updated 29/07/2013)

(current ilvl 544 with EM/PE, healing/feral spirit/LS glyphs, MoP agi flask, drums/runescroll III and 300 agi food)

==========

Vanilla/TBC: Everything.
    WotLK 10: Everything.
    WotLK 10H: XT-002, Iron Council, Hodir, Freya, Thorim (pre/post 5.0 + MoP), Mimiron, Vezax, Yogg+1, Algalon, Jaraxxus, Halion.
    WotLK 25: Sarth+3, Malygos, all of Naxx, all of Ulduar except Thorim/Yogg (mechanics), all of WG, Onyxia, all of ToC, all of ICC except Gunship/Festergut/Blood Queen/Dreamwalker (mechanics).
    WotLK 25H: XT-002, Freya, Vezax, Jaraxxus, Faction Champions, Twin Valkyr.
    Cata 10: All of BWD, first 3 in BoT, first 4 in Firelands, first 4 in Dragon Soul.

Instances: Everything except Mannoroth in Well of Eternity (can't be in 2 places at once to move the RP along).
    MoP Misc: All rares, all dinos apart from the big devilsaurs, Kork'ron commanders.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

=============
    Sept 2014 Update
    =============

Apparently a lot more stuff can be soloed now, including a lot from Cata 25 and even some T14 10-man normals. Since I've not tried for so long, all I can suggest is have a go soon before 6.0 takes our soloing ability away. Some quick tips:

Glyphs: Healing Storm, Lightning Shield, Feral Spirits
    Talents: SBT/Earthgrab/Persistence/EM/AG/PE
    Stats: Agi >>> Haste > Crit >>> Mastery
    Consumables: Drums of Forgotten Kings, Runescroll of Fortitude III, agi flask & food

Keeping yourself topped is more important than doing dps, unless there's a specific nuke phase or dps race.
    Spend all MW5's on heals unless you're topped.
    Treat EM, wolves and hero as defensive CD's, due to increased MW procs. (unless there's a dps race)
    Use AG and ascendance together if possible. (especially if you have HC assurance trinket)
    Don't forget primal earth ele's channel, it's the best defensive CD we have due to it's length. (but also note that it can't be used when kiting)
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2014-09-04 at 04:17 PM.

Hey, thanks for starting the new thread.

I haven't attempted any soloing aside from Brawlers, and even there, I only got to r8 yesterday. I kind of lost interest of any soloing with the HP changes and the removed gold drops. I also started raiding late, so my gear is falling behind a little bit (488 ATM, only 2pc)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Deleted
    All you need to do then is kill each boss once then, for the challenge (trust me there's some real toughies in there )

Anyway I cleared up the remaining Cata HC's tonight except for Well of Eternity (you can't nuke infinite adds in the moonbeam and Mannoroth away from it at the same time...I did manage to reach 26% with CD tactics but the RP didn't kick in so I can't see it working even with T15 hc gear). I didn't try Mandokir in ZG for obvious reasons (having to nuke 4.1m in ~30 secs with an ankh after ~10), and with ZA you have to kill eagle/lynx and hope for lynx/dragonhawk combo at the end (bear impossible due to charge mechanic). End Time isn't too bad (although it can get rough), and HoT is piss easy apart from the gauntlet at the end. (which is a pain due to the brutes grabbing you for 20 secs sometimes)
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2012-12-21 at 11:28 PM.

Deleted
    Went back to Thorim tonight and found it is still possible to engage him - position yourself on the second row of squares (don't go any further than the middle of them) with a straight path to the platform edge but as close to the wall as possible. Kill the mob you brought with you, turn round and put your mouse on Thorim, enter GW and pop sprint just before Sif starts talking. Run forward the very instant the boss becomes attackable and you should make it...but you won't be killing him on 25H any time soon, I could only reach 48% with ilvl 494 and no flask.

So I killed him on 10H and proceeded to do Iron Council 10H (easy), Vezax 25 (stupidly easy with the conductivity/shadowdodger method) and Yogg 10 - the debuffs aren't as frequent due to being lvl 90 and you can afford to stay out if you get the black plague when the first set of portals come, but he's still a pain thanks to lolcoil, sanity and the broken-as-hell targetting inside the brain...the shadow vault is much worse than the others. Iron Council 25 will be impossible due to damage and Yogg 25 will be impossible due to the constrictors having a lot more health. (they can only be hit by pets/UE as we know, and at lvl 90 UE always oneshots the 10-man ones)

Also tried the colosseum on 25 - Northrend Beasts is impossible due to damage and snobolds (539k each and you can't hit them except for pets/aoe) and Lord Jaraxxus is fairly straightforward (kill adds). Faction Champions depends on who you get...I got priest/druid/lock/rogue/mage/shammy so I bursted the priest with all CD's then the lock due to the 10 sec fear (takes a while with a healer still up but the damage you take isn't much overall) then the tree then the rest. Twin Valkyr is all about popping CD's when they cast their heal, and switching to the other essence if the wrong one casts it (try to keep the ES debuff on both targets too). Anub'arak is impossible and will probably remain that way for a long time, as you take insane damage when the big adds come. (and that's well before the permanent 10%-of-current-health dot kicks in with 6.3m health remaining)
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2012-12-23 at 12:11 AM.

Deleted
    So far i soloed only Alysrazor (take me like 6 minutes to kill, its really fun to do it every week..) and High Priest Kilnara in Zul Gurub, didnt try more yet since i am pretty busy atm.

I have 495 ilvl, using only intellect flask and self-buffs. Playing Elemental.

So far I have gotten 12/12 in icc10, 3/12 icc10hc, saurfang hc seems undoable at current gear levels. Ulduar10 12/13 algalon 26% but i didnt have enough dps to get him down. Ulduar 25 currently 6/13 down. Onyxia 25, got mount on 3rd kill =D. TK down, which was doable in cata so ofc pretty easy, mount dropped on 1st kill =D. eoe 25 without much trouble. Totc 10 was pretty easy. Ofc alysrazor is down, ryolith requires some srsly good rng but might be doable. Basically i got him to 80% on my best attempt but without having all the volcanoes spawn really close the damage is too high to survive through. Might be easier as enhancement since you can keep pressure on the legs whilst killing the adds with fire nova but I havent got gear to try yet. Also killed kelthuzad in naxx25. As elemental its not as easy as you might think cus of the mana issues. Havent tried the other bosses in naxx25 yet. Other than that I havent rlly done anything new since cata.
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2012-12-23 at 05:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going through and soloing Ulduar 25 last night as ENH. Hodir completely wrecked me the one try I did, so I'll have to think of a new strat next time I go in. Onyxia is fairly easy as ENH, though phase 2 takes forever. I'm building up my ELE set a bit more, so perhaps I'll do the fight as ELE next time. I've been soloing Vanilla and BC raids since Cata, so those aren't really new. Just way easier now. I probably won't try soloing any Cata raid content for another tier or two.

Quote Originally Posted by delaxes View Post
    So far I have gotten 12/12 in icc10, 3/12 icc10hc
    How did you kill the boat? Did they change it so you can solo it now?
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    All of the Brawler's Guild is doable by Elemental.
    Leegion - Turalyon

Stopped raiding in MOP. Pugging Legion!

There is already a thread on brawlers though, and I think all of it is doable by both elemental and enhancement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    There is already a thread on brawlers though, and I think all of it is doable by both elemental and enhancement.
    Confirmed.

Currently working on Beth'ilac 10M solo.

Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    How did you kill the boat? Did they change it so you can solo it now?
    yes they did, just take the cannons kill mage. Basically it

Currently working on Beth'ilac 10M solo.
    Hows that going?
    I tried her a couple of time but im getting completely killed in a few hits, as an elemental shaman ofc
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2012-12-23 at 10:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by delaxes View Post
    yes they did, just take the cannons kill mage. Basically it

Hows that going?
    I tried her a couple of time but im getting completely killed in a few hits, as an elemental shaman ofc
    Doing as Enhance but I know its possible to survive her explosion when her energy runs out ... haven't made it past second explosion yet because I die before that however I was being very careless and wasn't even paying much attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    Doing as Enhance but I know its possible to survive her explosion when her energy runs out ... haven't made it past second explosion yet because I die before that however I was being very careless and wasn't even paying much attention.
    Ah nice, well gl with that. I will have to keep trying as elemental till i get sum actual enhancement gear which ive been trying to get.

Deleted
    Looks like 10H will be the progression in ICC rather than 25, given some of the boss mechanics. Saurfang hits hard and Festergut/Lanathel have short enrage timers due to debuffs. And Valithria is impossible as enh, and probably will remain so for a long time...as I don't think our heals will get big enough in this expansion. (80% was the best rough try, with flask/drums and refined tactics I could probably get a few % more but still a long way off atm)
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2012-12-25 at 12:01 AM.

valithria normal i just did as resto. Srsly easy as I could heal her to full before she could summon a single portal. Havent tried hc yet since im still stuck on saurfang and his mega healing

Deleted
    Solo'ed Algalon 10 just now. After seeing a priest solo vid I thought it could be done without a pet, by running away and trusting to luck to avoid the 5th phase punch and allow the stacks to drop (which happens in the vid with some lucky big bang/cosmic smash casts). I failed at the first try (dropped ele as well but as expected they don't work for the phase-out), but then I decided to go all-out and try to burn him down before he does the 5th phase punch. And it worked. Just. (despite me trying to pull with ascendance and wasting 5 secs of it waiting for the fight to start :P)

Deleted
    Solo'ed all MoP normals today without much trouble. It just goes to show how pathetic they are, if they can be soloed so early in the expansion...compare to Cata where it was deep into the last tier when the normals could be done. I fully expect the heroics to be soloable this expansion, mechanics permitting.

I'm trying to solo Iron Council 10 HM but I have no idea how to go about it as a 478 ilvl enh sham. Steelbreaker starts wrecking me once I kill Brundir. Can anyone explain to me how to do this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hecz View Post
    I'm trying to solo Iron Council 10 HM but I have no idea how to go about it as a 478 ilvl enh sham. Steelbreaker starts wrecking me once I kill Brundir. Can anyone explain to me how to do this?
    There shouldn't be an issue, due to health/gear scaling at 90. Drop earth ele (EM/PE) at the start and blow offensive CD's (use wolves/AG as defensive ones), keep the bosses out of the runes of power (although I stood in it with them and still wasn't troubled) and it shouldn't be a problem.