Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Hairstyles for tauren.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to make it into a REAL character customization like Rift and Guild Wars 2. I love in depth character customization.

Being able to change:
    Height
    Body Mass
    More skin tints
    Eye color
    Face shape
    Armor dye
    More hair styles
    More hair colors

I'd at least like the option of different builds, but that isn't likely to happen because it could cause issues with how gear displays.

10+ Year Old Account
    different body types for the darkspear, maybe some forest troll or the other tribes that are apart of the horde.
    Mag'har brown orcs,
    and I want the stupid pvp hairstyles for orc, Foxtails and the other two DBZ/GT hairstyles.
    Trolls with goaties?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    They need to make it into a REAL character customization like Rift and Guild Wars 2. I love in depth character customization.

Being able to change:
    Height
    Body Mass
    More skin tints
    Eye color
    Face shape
    Armor dye
    More hair styles
    More hair colors
    Some of these aren't compatible to how models work in wow (eye color is linked to face and skin tone, sliders would require a fundamental change on how models are) But some things, like face shape are present in Goblins.

I'm interested in armor dye. We have transmog for pretty much everything, but all sets have diferent alternative art, already present in the files. There's a lot of these unattainable in game, so it would be great to have a way to get to them

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I'd at least like the option of different builds, but that isn't likely to happen because it could cause issues with how gear displays.
    If they'd use alternative models for different builds, I don't think it would affect how gear displays. Back when model editing was possible on wow, people modified the models and they looked good (for example, I really liked some slim male mods) Now, this would mean three different models (it would be too difficult to have different builds in the same model, as it would also modify the thickness of gloves, boots and belt) per gender and race minimum to be implemented, and I don't know how that would affect game performance.

stand up straight

Wider range of faces would be good. Not just two nice looking ones and the rest hideous.

Though this is true of almost every RPG with a fixed range of faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Now, as personal wish thinking, I would really like they added elven ears for undead; I get tired sometimes of playing a belf hunter as a DR. Imean, the elves lost 90% of their population to the scourge, they should have a physical representation in game (and it could also be used as a plot point to... recycle, fallen blood elves. Valkyr's could have tinkered with their magic) And other thing; just because the fleshy bits on your joints fall off, it doesn't mean you can't patch it up!
    Look what I noticed in the game just yesterday:

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=66447

Look at the female undead ones. They're in Felwood near a battle pet master.

But I think the reason the in-game Forsaken are all human is that you're technically playing as the Forsaken of Lordaeron. So just the humans that died when Lordaeron fell. There would've been some High Elves in there but a minority.

As a Forsaken chick I'd like to be able to customise my horrible knees and elbows!

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 02:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    and I want the stupid pvp hairstyles for orc, Foxtails and the other two DBZ/GT hairstyles.
    Er, what's a PVP hairstyle?

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 02:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    :NOOBQUESTION:

Do we have timetables for these new models?
    Nope and we never will. "When it's done".

I think a blue or someone mentioned they were working on some of them recently and even a whiff of a mention of the new models always sends the forums into a spin :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Look what I noticed in the game just yesterday:

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=66447

Look at the female undead ones. They're in Felwood near a battle pet master.

But I think the reason the in-game Forsaken are all human is that you're technically playing as the Forsaken of Lordaeron. So just the humans that died when Lordaeron fell. There would've been some High Elves in there but a minority.

As a Forsaken chick I'd like to be able to customise my horrible knees and elbows!
    Oh yeah! those look cool. I'd say it's a bug though, you can tell by the odd wrapping of the texture (which are night elf and forsaken on blood elves model, respectively) but the most telling of bug is the hair texture (same) all the vanilla races hair textures look awful in blood elven and draenei hair models XD.

Yeah, I guess that we are mostly human undead as forsaken, being based on Lordaeron and all, but; where did all the elves go? Sylvanas has her banshees and Dark Rangers, so where's the rest? where are the fallen mages, warriors, civilians? There should be among Arthas troops, (the banshees were there) as the fallen citizens of Lordaeron were, the same that were freed with the help of Sylvanas. A theory around is that a lot of forsaken NPC's are actually elves, we just don't see this in the models (For example, High Executor Darthalia has the same name that a High Elf mage in Dalaran, and cross race naming isn't common.)

Seperated Hair/Face paint(trolls) and face tattoo(night elf) color, and body tatoos
    Last edited by Philosopino; 2012-12-24 at 03:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Body options, I want my character to be morbidly obese.
    This please.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think body-type and height sliders would be nice. I would LOVE to have a short, obese Tauren warrior whose chestplate rides up over his enormous belly.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Body options, I want my character to be morbidly obese.
    Yeah! This could work very well, aslong as its foot to neck, if they make options to lenghten the face or make it chubbier it would take too much work and we wont see the models for a while : /

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Beards for trolls.
    Even though I'm no troll man, I highly support this. Also, body decomposition state (for those who want to look "fresh", rotten or skeletal) and facial hair for undead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    Body type sliders for all races.

Stature options?
    Small scale sliders maybe, every MMORPG that give you complete freedom break immersion because people try to make the most ugly creatures possible.

Maybe hide shoulders for certain items. Not for all, some sets should not be broken for the same reason mentioned in the previous line.

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I think body-type and height sliders would be nice. I would LOVE to have a short, obese Tauren warrior whose chestplate rides up over his enormous belly.
    In less than 2 secs off scrolling up I have proof why body sliders would be bad if they allowed to much scaling...I'm not 100% sure but GW2 actually did find on that part if I recall correctly.

There is freedom, and then there is to much freedom.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2012-12-24 at 04:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Troll beard and ears. That is all I ask. Maybe tattoos!
    Currently Procrastinating

I actually went through all of the races and really looked at the character customization the other day. I hadn't ever realize how incredibly lopsided it is for some races. For instance female Humans have the most customization of the original races. They have a great gradient of skin colors to choose from, 15 completely different faces, 19 different hairs, 10 hair colors, and even 7 facial feature options in terms of piercings. That's more than several races combined. Where as female Tauren have 4 slightly varying faces, 7 slightly different horn styles, 3 horn colors, and 5 hair options that are really just variations of side braids. So I think Blizzard can really improve the customization if they update the textures, and are smart about what customization options they provide.

What I mean by that is there's ways to do nothing but add model options to the existing system and completely make a much more customized experience. If you look at Goblin Females which have some of the best character customization in the game there's a multitude of ways to change what they look like. For example:

There's a solid number of faces to choose from and each one is crisp and well textured and most importantly; they're all different despite being on the same face model. The hairs are all different and well modeled, and they're interesting and reflect character.

Finally one of the things that, for me anyway, has meant a popular race/gender to play is facial features. How different can you make your character look by changing the facial features in combination with your chosen face texture? The most successful has been the ones that change multiple things. For example with the female Goblin, there's 11 options but each one changes the nose, chin and ears dramatically. Which completely changes how the face looks. This means a much more varied pool of resources to create your character with while still working with the old slider options system. Other races do this quite well. Undead Males have a lot of choices, interesting choices too, in their facial features category. You can choose face straps, slack jaws, rotting jaws, bone jaws, jaws that hide the eye glow, etc. This means a lot more choices than had it been just different ears or jewelry. Draenei Males can change a lot in both their facial "hair" tentacles and in their hair that changes the entire shape of their head.

In Pandaren Males you can choose variations of facial hair but this also changes their eyebrows and you can completely change their expression with this. Had they left the different eyebrows out it wouldn't be nearly as dramatic a change. The same goes for Male Gnomes and Male Night Elves in their eyebrows.

Human Males can change A LOT based on their facial hair, because of the eyebrows. You can go from a snarky/sneaky looking face to a solemn and righteous one just by picking a different beard.

All of these are successful and well played races, where as female Dwarves, Orcs, Trolls, and Tauren are not. Not because they're ugly, but because you get little to no variation in options, and the options you do have are often less than five or six.

This is where Blizzard can most improve the character customization. They don't need to completely redo all the models, and there are a lot of people that don't want them to. They just need to add more meaningful options for players to choose when making their characters, and looking at the Goblins, especially the females is a great place to start and a great bar to set for the other races' remaking.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Whilst I agree with that body type sliders would be awesome, the model design in wow doesn't really supports that. As it is now, we can assume that the height of customization comes from pandaren (double skin texture, non symmetrical face) and Goblins ( plethora of ears, chins and noses)

Maybe it would be easier to have different body builds as separate models? would it impact to greatly on performance?

I think that height could be the easiest one to implement.

More skin tones would be great overall (maghar, dark iron), as too tattoos for Wildhammer.

Also, how cool would it be, an option to change the head of a tauren to taunka?
    The only real way they can implement height/weight is in a non-slider format. Where you just select options from a dropdown list and each option is a different model.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

face paint for female trolls

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    The only real way they can implement height/weight is in a non-slider format. Where you just select options from a dropdown list and each option is a different model.
    If they're redoing the models from scratch, it maybe doable.

EQ2 has the option of height/girth with their models. My max height and wide Barbarian Paladin...

http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/a..._Came_Home.jpg

With the facegen in that game also styled the face (eyebrows/eyes/ear elevation/mouth expression)...

http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/a...=EQ2_Glare.png

Unlike even RIFT and Skyrim you can truly customize those elements.

EQ2 is now testing facial expressions in the game, insync with the ingame chat, even...
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/01/so...ur-eq2-avatar/
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'd like to see for Trolls (3 of my 4 characters are Trolls):

-Beard options
    -Face paint not being tied to anything else (right now I think it's tied to tusk/face shape)
    -Drakkari, Zandalari, Amani, etc skins
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA