Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    lol, mounts don't mean much to me, i was shocked to see the drake but not like "ERMERGURD WHERE IS IT AJHSBFDHSBFHBEFHBEWUFHBNSFDBNEURBFHUEWNDIOERGF4REHNSIHCNDSFN" i'd muuuuuuch rather have a spirit beast

Deleted
    seriously rather have a spirit beast than TLPD even know spirit beasts easier to farm ha

Quote Originally Posted by Yavania View Post
    seriously rather have a spirit beast than TLPD even know spirit beasts easier to farm ha

When WOTLK was still current, I spent 6 hours a day camping and flying around Sholazar for Loque. For over 3 weeks. I finally got him 6 week later after giving up when a friend found him. It was a HUGE moment and adrenaline rush.

TLPD? I camped it for 8 hours a day by having 4 toons parked at the spawn spots, but I didn't sit glued to the screen. I simply made sure that I never was away for long enough to get logged out. Thank you holidays! I got the drake on the hour 3 weeks after I had begun my camp.

I'd say Loque was harder to find for me.

CRZ really made getting spirit beasts harder, in cata I got all 4 spirit beasts in northrend over one night, npc scan + sound on speakers + sleeping ftw (might have used a questionable way not to get afk and that way disconnected :P)
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Quote Originally Posted by Nhs View Post
    I've been checking all locations a few times a day for the past 2 months, all i've found was the time lost proto drake, which I don't give a shit about. im starting to think spirit beasts don't even spawn on my server, what the fuck.
    Just remember you can only find the spirit beasts if you have done the quest to enter the molten front! If you havent done that, thats the problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 06icb View Post
    Just remember you can only find the spirit beasts if you have done the quest to enter the molten front! If you havent done that, thats the problem
    That's specific to the 3 that hang around Hyjal in the daily area. Other SBeasts are free-for-all as soon as you can reach the area they live in.

Deleted
    yeah only certain SBeasts need zoning and there probs the better ones to go for.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't find them either a) camp longer or b) start killing any other rare up in northrend thus forcing respawns.

I found Skoll three times in less than 36 hours, along with 2 King Krush spawns, and 2 Loque spawns all within a 36 hour window on one of the highest pop realms in addition to CRZ.

Just have to know how to hunt.
    Last edited by bewsh; 2012-12-25 at 05:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsh View Post
    If you can't find them either a) camp longer or b) start killing any other rare up in northrend thus forcing respawns.

I found Skoll three times in less than 36 hours, along with 2 King Krush spawns, and 2 Loque spawns all within a 36 hour window on one of the highest pop realms in addition to CRZ.

Just have to know how to hunt.
    do all rares force this spawn and if so how long does it generally take after killing a diffrent rare.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    do all rares force this spawn and if so how long does it generally take after killing a diffrent rare.
    Yes. For example there can never be any more than 5 active at once in Northrend. This includes any rare for Frostbitten, and any rare not part of that meta (Skoll for example).

Approximately 1 hour before something should spawn in it's place somewhere else on the continent. Get a friend, have one of you start in HF and one of you start in BT and both of you work you way towards the center of the continent.

10+ Year Old Account
    u know there are spirit beast "models" in MoP 2 now rite? there are many spirit bears lurkin in karasang wilds that arent rare mobs ofc

Deleted
    I got 2 within 18 hours. It's all about the right spot. However if I told you which spot I'm talking about it would just bring up the competition and many hunters would hate me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgsnstuff View Post
    CRZ really made getting spirit beasts harder, in cata I got all 4 spirit beasts in northrend over one night, npc scan + sound on speakers + sleeping ftw (might have used a questionable way not to get afk and that way disconnected :P)
    I think it was made easier, as you now can check several servers within a few seconds just by having a few people on friends that are kind enough to invite you to a party.
    Last edited by mmocbd7275b6ea; 2012-12-26 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    The 3 spirit beasts near the molten front dailiy hub seem to be the most easiest to get cause most people dont even bother to get far enough to open up the quest hub

On my second hunter i got ban'thalos and i was the only person there

IMO i would just forget spirit beasts like loq nahak and skoll and concentrate getting either ghostcrawler or the molten front spirit beasts which seem to have the least competition
    This. I went and grabbed one of them up during the 5.0 pre-expac patch. No one around, and he was just wandering his path care-free as can be.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    u know there are spirit beast "models" in MoP 2 now rite? there are many spirit bears lurkin in karasang wilds that arent rare mobs ofc
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=59783

These are undead, so we can't tame them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post

yeah also the skoll look alikes in vale but they are tameable

Quote Originally Posted by bewsh View Post
    Yes. For example there can never be any more than 5 active at once in Northrend. This includes any rare for Frostbitten, and any rare not part of that meta (Skoll for example).

Approximately 1 hour before something should spawn in it's place somewhere else on the continent. Get a friend, have one of you start in HF and one of you start in BT and both of you work you way towards the center of the continent.
    Superstitious at best. Where does this 5 number come from? I see it as bollocks. Pre MoP I hunted rares daily in Northrend at early hours (for cloth) and I'd kill every single frostbitten rare minus the occasional spirit beast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Superstitious at best. Where does this 5 number come from? I see it as bollocks. Pre MoP I hunted rares daily in Northrend at early hours (for cloth) and I'd kill every single frostbitten rare minus the occasional spirit beast.
    any idea on respawn times for these mobs?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Whether or not that number is 5 is debatable, but it's a good estimate. I'm just relaying information I've accumulated over the years from wowhead and petopia and some friends who are serious, serious pet campers. I personally don't have the patience to camp 12+ hours a day like some of them but they swear by the method and it has worked well for me.

Since OP was talking about spirit beasts, I don't think it really matters how many non spirit beast frostbitten rares you used to kill... Killing them still speeds up the respawns on the spirit beasts and other hunter pets.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 10:00 PM ----------

any idea on respawn times for these mobs?
    6-12 hours+ on average if you are just waiting and not eliminating the other rare mobs.

Rare pets are rare again?

Glad I got all of them during cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post

oh my bad then, i just seen them havent rly targeted them =(