Page 1 of 2
LastLast

buying selling guilds supported by blizz?

i bought a guild and got scammed...simple as that. he took money and ran but i hear blizz dont support the buying and selling of guilds. is this true?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a supported trade

It may not be a supported trade, but blizzard does their best to honor player made contracts if it was ingame. As long as it was written out in game, as opposed to being said over vent, and that the player lead you to believe that you would be getting the guild after paying the gold, you should be able to make a claim that you were scammed.

10+ Year Old Account
    any ingame transaction is looked at by Blizz. Someone scammed you for gold or something because of crafting, or a pet/mount sold. They will interfere.
    Open a ticket. They can and likely check the logs and take action accordingly. If nothing else, the scammer gets penalized.

Its not a supported transaction, however it is allowed. I wouldn't see Blizzard stepping in on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    It may not be a supported trade, but blizzard does their best to honor player made contracts if it was ingame. As long as it was written out in game, as opposed to being said over vent, and that the player lead you to believe that you would be getting the guild after paying the gold, you should be able to make a claim that you were scammed.
    Yup. Vent or anything else outside the game is no proof.
    has to be in the game logs.. hence chat channel.

10+ Year Old Account
    All big ticket purchases need a honest third party for transactions. Some games have certified honest players (with the rep to hold very expensive offerings...like in EvE with capital ship building orders and deliveries). To having what EvE also has with CCP verifying transactions of time cards (making sure the IDs are valid and not in use) plus offering a record of transactions.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Ticket it, you may not get the guild back, but he should at least lose the money and possibly get a ban for scamming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    It's not a supported trade
    In fact it is, you just need screenshots and proof (written down in chatlogs) that he agrees with the terms...best to let him comfirm it clear couple of times.

If you made the right pre-scamm actions than you should be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not Supported. You will be out the gold

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    In fact it is, you just need screenshots and proof (written down in chatlogs) that he agrees with the terms...best to let him comfirm it clear couple of times.

If you made the right pre-scamm actions than you should be fine.
    They don't care about screenshots - those can be faked. They have all of the chatlogs and data on their end. All you have to do is put in a ticket as long as you clearly whispered or discussed, in-game, the agreement.

Yep, they're pretty good resolving issues with in-game contracts.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Deleted
    I really can't imagine them doing anything about this, does anyone have any experience to suggest they would?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    They don't care about screenshots - those can be faked. They have all of the chatlogs and data on their end. All you have to do is put in a ticket as long as you clearly whispered or discussed, in-game, the agreement.
    actually it was discovered you cant fake em, when ever you take a SS ingame, the ss will have like these digital watermarks that hold timestamps location and bunch of other information, i'll see if i can find a link to it real quick. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6522503946 - just one of the threads that was made bout it.

but yea almost any transaction you make in game that cant be just a straight trade should be typed out in chat and SS as much as possible.
    Last edited by Valkryx; 2012-12-24 at 04:04 AM.

Contrary to all the nay sayers, Blizzard does care about in game transactions. As long as the transaction was declared somewhere in in-game chat blizzard will more than likely honor it as it is in game items for in game items (in this case a guild for gold).

Source: I was scammed crafting materials and gold by a "crafter." I opened a ticket, explained the situation 100% and it was all backed by chat logs. Blizzard refunded the gold and materials the scammer had taken. Side note, i did not see said scammer trying it anytime again in chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    They don't care about screenshots - those can be faked.
    Not with the newly discovered bar coding Blizzard had embedded in photos under the <10 .jpg setting.

Apparently Blizzard was using it to track private server/botters/exploiters. So they can verify those photos.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 11:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Valkryx View Post
    actually it was discovered you cant fake em, when ever you take a SS ingame, the ss will have like these digital watermarks that hold timestamps location and bunch of other information
    Only under <10 JPEG setting. It also wasn't discovered on the .tga setting (which most won't use anyway...I do for fidelity).

So those taking screenshots for verification it's below the 10 setting and JPEGs.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    The watermarking thing isn't really relevant. Blizzard doesn't accept screenshots as evidence. They can, however, look up chat logs if the transaction was discussed in-game. Open a ticket and give them as much information as possible, including the characters, date and approximate time the deal was discussed. Guild purchases are not endorsed transactions, but they are not disallowed and Blizzard generally makes the best effort they can to help scammed players if the evidence is there.

You might not get your guild or money back, but it's certainly worth trying.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

The chance you get your gold back 100% relies on the GM that gets your ticket, however if you were on the guild end it is very possible you might get it back? It is nearly a 80% chance that you won't get gold back if that's what you traded.<--- first hand experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The watermarking thing isn't really relevant. Blizzard doesn't accept screenshots as evidence. They can, however, look up chat logs if the transaction was discussed in-game.
    This; and definitely open a ticket to get this investigated, but don't expect to get your gold back.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    doesnt hurt to open a ticket and see what can be done