Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    We barbecue 4+ days a week during the summer; maybe 2x a week during the winter. My husband and I eat beef steaks and pork or lamb chops predominantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Sissy. Can't handle the cold in MN, clearly! Don't come out to the east coast unless you are going to be in NY. It seems pretty shitty for homosexuals out here. (Pennsylvania area, at least)
    Before I came to the US the coldest country I've lived in was Australia (I shit you not).
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Before I came to the US the coldest country I've lived in was Australia (I shit you not).
    I went swimming in July in New Zealand in the ocean. If that tells you what I think of your 'winter' temperatures.

Look up 'polar bear plunge MN' if you want to be cold all night.

I dont get it is this a thread or some kind of advertisment disguised as a thread

if not then i saw something similar years ago where there were these silicon bbq gloves that was being hawked here in the states

Anyway i fucking love BBQ and im a fucking god when it comes to BBQ but i just use simple kitchen tools like spatula and tongs i dont need any other fancy shit for my BBQ

Or I could just not burn myself while I'm BBQing? I don't see why I would need to handle the briquettes? I've never burned myself BBQing or Cooking.
    Cook long enough and you are going to cut and burn yourself. Having said that those gloves are major overkill for bbqing. They might be usefull for oven use but with that flared out sleeve part good luck getting ppl on board with those over a normal oven mit/towel.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I went swimming in July in New Zealand in the ocean. If that tells you what I think of your 'winter' temperatures.

Look up 'polar bear plunge MN' if you want to be cold all night.
    Me, I lived in Singapore and felt comfortable. Right on the Equator. XD
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gloves for bbq? No point at all >.>

Me, I lived in Singapore and felt comfortable. Right on the Equator. XD
    Oh lord no. I live in the Philly area now and the 100F during the summer melts me right to the ground. Rather have -20F than 100F.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 07:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Cook long enough and you are going to cut and burn yourself. Having said that those gloves are major overkill for bbqing. They might be usefull for oven use but with that flared out sleeve part good luck getting ppl on board with those over a normal oven mit/towel.
    I mean I've been doing it for over 15 years now, but I guess eventually I'll burn myself, sure. Just probably not while doing a BBQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh lord no. I live in the Philly area now and the 100F during the summer melts me right to the ground. Rather have -20F than 100F.
    Luckily for you, you can literally live in Singapore without going outside an air conditioned environment.

And they have a swimming pool at the new airport.

Luckily for you, you can literally live in Singapore without going outside an air conditioned environment.

And they have a swimming pool at the new airport.
    I wish airports had gyms. When I have a couple hour layover I'd like to be able to 'rent' some shorts and a shirt, work out, then shower and put my other clothes back on. Something like 15-20$ per person would be fair and it would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish airports had gyms. When I have a couple hour layover I'd like to be able to 'rent' some shorts and a shirt, work out, then shower and put my other clothes back on. Something like 15-20$ per person would be fair and it would be nice.
    When I become dictator of the world, every airport will have these luxuries.

When I become dictator of the world, every airport will have these luxuries.
    When I become emperor of the world, every SPACEPORT will have these luxuries. You and your pitiful airports are useless when mankind is taming the stars.

we make honey-barbequed chicken legs every now and then, gotta mix the texas pete hot sauce in there too. that's about as much barbeque as we get done though.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I become emperor of the world, every SPACEPORT will have these luxuries. You and your pitiful airports are useless when mankind is taming the stars.
    (How will we get between terrestrial cities)

They already have products like this, sold as silicon oven mitts. They are pretty cool compared to standard cotton mitts.

I barbeque all year round. Sometimes I have to shovel a path to the grill, but you do what you gotta do for barbeque.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayonel View Post
    They already have products like this, sold as silicon oven mitts. They are pretty cool compared to standard cotton mitts.

I barbeque all year round. Sometimes I have to shovel a path to the grill, but you do what you gotta do for barbeque.
    Now that's dedication.

Deleted
    Would anyone buy something so useless? If it was cheap people "might" but otherwise I simply don't see this thing selling.

(How will we get between terrestrial cities)
    Vacuum Tubes like in Futurama.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vacuum Tubes like in Futurama.
    Contrary to popular belief, I do not like travelling via frictionless vacuums. I only enjoy doing physics in them.

I notice most Americans' here confuse a grill with a barbeque. But with my father BBQ has been a deal we do a lot throughout the year. mostly ribs and a bit of brisket. Grilling is something i try to do weekly at home though. few steaks and some twice baked potatoes.. personally i like the BBQ in the winter months, though

Edit: Also being a welder/do-it-your-selfer my dad makes his own cooking utensils. he has a set of tongs that are like 2 feet long. to move stuff from the back up
    Last edited by Mancowski; 2012-12-24 at 12:49 PM.