Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    On the other hand, there is that new buffed Troll model with the original Troll skeletion and all the Troll animations.

http://www.wowhead.com/news#modelviewer:1:47229:0:10+0

No idea where they are going to go with all that new stuff. Maybe just new NPCs. But honestly, we've been waiting much too long. New player models are overdue since BC by now.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    On the other hand, there is that new buffed Troll model with the original Troll skeletion and all the Troll animations.

http://www.wowhead.com/news#modelviewer:1:47229:0:10+0

No idea where they are going to go with all that new stuff. Maybe just new NPCs. But honestly, we've been waiting much too long. New player models are overdue since BC by now.
    It's obviously clear what they are, they are new NPCs for the new raids and dailies and scenarios. They are absolutely not player models.

But new player models were announced to be an open project at Blizzcon, and we've not gone 5-6 months without an update of some type on the project, and as of the last 5-6 months that has increased to almost a peice of information on a monthly basis.

As of now we know new player models are probably an option and you can keep the old player model if you want displayed. We know they will be more on par with Pandaren than with simple model edits, meaning more expressive and stylized animations and models, and we know dwarfs orcs and humans have all been worked on so far. They will likely be a feature for the next expansion in place of a new player race.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 12:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Hope your right. The actual texturing and skin is great, the kind of detailing I'd love to see on revamped vanilla models. It would just be a shame to put all that effort it, and it just look like another nelf/draenei/worgen copy.
    Are people worrying that new troll models for players are going to be using night elf skeletons?
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    they look pretty sick

but ppl will complain :\

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holidae View Post
    Yaungol use Tauren, Jinyu use Night Elves, the Mogu use Draenei, Blizzard has been reusing animations since forever. Though, why they decided to use Night Elves for Trolls, instead of you know... Trolls, is a mystery.
    No, no it really isn't.

Zandalari are as close to the Primordeal Dark Trolls (nightelves pre-Well Of Eternity) as you're gonna get. To have them appear slightly Nelvish is a good thing.

Primordeal Dark Trolls
    /
    V
    |
    V
    \
    V
    Well of Eternity Natural Evolution in Different Ecology No Physical Evolution
    |
    V
    |
    V
    |
    V
    Night Elves Frost, Island, Jungle, Forest Trolls Zandalari
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-12-24 at 10:34 AM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    No, no it really isn't.

Zandalari are as close to the Primordeal Dark Trolls (nightelves pre-Well Of Eternity) as you're gonna get. To have them appear slightly Nelvish is a good thing.

Primordeal Dark Trolls
    /
    V
    |
    V
    \
    V
    |
    V
    |
    V
    |
    V
    Someone with sense of a tiny bit of lore. Thank you Chonar.

15+ Year Old Account
    No different to the Jinyu, based of the Nelf skeleton but with some unique animations to still set them apart

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    As of now we know new player models are probably an option and you can keep the old player model if you want displayed. We know they will be more on par with Pandaren than with simple model edits, meaning more expressive and stylized animations and models, and we know dwarfs orcs and humans have all been worked on so far. They will likely be a feature for the next expansion in place of a new player race.
    I just hope the BC races will be getting comprehensive re-models too. It's been ages since they were released and they too look dated now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    I just hope the BC races will be getting comprehensive re-models too. It's been ages since they were released and they too look dated now.
    Blue post said they're only working on Vanilla models

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post
    Wait, didn't the night elves evolve from the trolls? So the Zandalari actually should be standing tall like this?

Mogu have the draenei skeleton because it suits their majestic figure.

EDIT: They're not using the old troll skeleton because the Zandalari aren't supposed to be hunchbacked.
    The last thing I'd say of draenei is that they look majestic...

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 11:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Blue post said they're only working on Vanilla models
    Yes, I am aware. They have also said in the past they intend to do BC races. So I am curious if that remains the case. It had better.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2012-12-24 at 11:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I honestly don't have that happen at all. I didn't even realize Mogu were Draenei till someone pointed out even the Feng "dance" was the Draenei dance sped-up and cancel/reactivated repeatedly.
    Yeah, I kinda noticed it off a comment by someone here before MoP came. Also, Saurok are male worgen skeletons and I have a distinct feeling that maybe Thralls skeleton is the male pandaren one. The way they talk and all, I could be wrong but 100% on the Saurok one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone with sense of a tiny bit of lore. Thank you Chonar.

Primordeal Dark Trolls
    /
    V
    |
    V
    \
    V
    |
    V
    |
    V
    |
    V
    |
    V
    Da Groove
    |
    V
    Disco Trolls

Deleted
    You forgot Forum Trolls...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, no it really isn't.

Primordeal Dark Trolls
    /
    V
    |
    V
    \
    V
    |
    V
    |
    V
    |
    V
    Thanks, this is correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    You forgot Forum Trolls...

Primordeal Dark Trolls
    /
    V
    |
    V
    \
    V
    \
    V
    Well of Eternity Natural Evolution in Different Ecology No Physical Evolution No Mental Evolution
    |
    V
    |
    V
    |
    V
    |
    V
    Night Elves Frost, Island, Jungle, Forest Trolls Zandalari Internet Anonimity
    |
    V
    |
    V
    Da Groove Forum Trolls
    |
    V
    Disco Trolls

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    What's the history behind that picture? What a cool female troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    What's the history behind that picture? What a cool female troll.
    Remember the whole "too cute/not cool enough/not appealing enough/too appealing" nonsense with Female Worgen?

Yes?

It happened before...

Remember the whole "too cute/not cool enough/not appealing enough/too appealing" nonsense with Female Worgen?
    Yes?
    It happened before...
    Wait, are you saying that they actually had in game models like that? I thought they changed directly from swamp hag to the present one.

On a side note, they should always go with personality. There is plenty of rule 34 that do a better job in giving the worgen some players want for things that isn't playing, way better than the the present game model. Old female worgen would be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Wait, are you saying that they actually had in game models like that? I thought they changed directly from swamp hag to the present one.

On a side note, they should always go with personality. There is plenty of rule 34 that do a better job in giving the worgen some players want for things that isn't playing, way better than the the present game model. Old female worgen would be just fine.
    Yep, and that's also why Female Trolls only have one pretty face. It's because all the rest were made for that other model. Which now only exists in the form of screenshots unless you can find the exact right beta/alpha of WoW and can find some way to load its file format which is different than the current one.

I actually made a collection of all the Screenshots I could find.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 03:59 PM ----------

No, no it really isn't.

Maybe, but I doubt it. The Dark Trolls were typically explained as rather primitive in comparison to other Trolls, with concept art that looks like this.

Interestingly enough, there's evidence that they almost got a model for an ingame appearance during cataclysm. Sometimes Blizzard replaces certain unused models with others. In this case, there used to be an early Forest Troll model that was added in the Zul'Aman PTR before the completed one was released. It was essentially similar to the current Forest Troll but with a more Jungle Troll-like head.

Well, in Cata that model was replaced with this one.
    http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8...enshot109a.png
    http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4...enshot110c.png

And here it is with my crude attempt to fit a texture over it.
    http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7849/trool2.png

The interesting thing was that unlike other Trolls who only possess three fingers upon each hand, this likely Dark Troll had four. Which is the number between the standard three and the Night Elves five.

I just hope they don't change any of the playable models, at least too much. I really like the current ones!

10+ Year Old Account
    Male nelf 2.0