Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    LEFT WING?! COMMIES!

Cold war brainwash still in effect, gotta give it to them, they did a good job.
    Also there is no such thing as left in the US politics, they are all right, one is just a tad more right than the other.
    Also you have more than left, center, right, you have "up and down" in the anarch/order scale for lack of knowing the words in english.

This why fox news is the #1 news outlet. So much free marketing from the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The only reason Fox is as right wing as it is, is because a market exists for it. That's all.
    no its not, its so they can a media outlet to influence specific set of policy benefiting the rich.

Democrat Fred Phelps
    I'm at a loss for words. I mean seriously.

I always hated Fox "News" because they represent everything that is wrong with this world, but this whole article is a new level of disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    BBC News, and to some extent Sky news, have always just reported news.
    Unfortunately BBC failed massively with their reporting of the events in the Gaza strip. They even had to ask their Middle East correspondent to tone down the antisemitism. I was thoroughly disappointed by their hardcore pro-Palestine bias
    Last edited by nevermore; 2012-12-24 at 11:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    LOL. So there is a such thing as too crazy for the GOP.
    Actually, Fred Phelps IS a Democrat, he used to run for Govenor and US Senate from KS

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    no its not, its so they can a media outlet to influence specific set of policy benefiting the rich.
    You'd think so, but you'd be wrong.

The only real bias that exists in American media is a corporate bias. This includes Fox News and its counterpart MSNBC. What type of news they report and how they report it is entirely dependent on whether or not a market exists for the information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    Left-wing, my ass... You don't get more conservative in America than Westboro Baptist. They're so conservative that they protest military funerals because our soldiers defend a nation that allows gays to live.
    Funny thing... Maybe you'd like to tell me why Phelps and family supported Gore for President? why did Fred run for US Senate AS A DEMOCRAT. Wonderful thing the internet, it provides information. Something you seem to be in need of.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Actually, Fred Phelps IS a Democrat, he used to run for Govenor and US Senate from KS
    Right. And Ron Paul is a republican, but he agrees with them on almost nothing.

Fred Phelps is extreme right wing, I think that's clear to almost everyone.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Can someone tell me why a newschannel is allowed to tell lies? I know there is a right of free speech, but to tell lies in a newschannel should have consequenses.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Phelps He runs for office all the time... as a democrat. So, I'm not exactly sure waht is the 'lie' you are claiming... or are you just on the bandwagon bashing Fox because its what all the cool kids do?

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 05:20 PM ----------

This saddens me a great deal, please tell me there are newschannels in America that value objectivity above sensation :/
    There isn't... not a one... but then again, they dont exist outside the US either.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 05:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FathomFear View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it fair to call WBC right wing or left wing? As far as I know they don't really have a spectrum of political views.
    As I see them they dont care who they piss off... that makes them 'no wing' to me... but the left always has to blame all the crazies on the right, regardless of the accuracy. It's part of the smear machine in action.

This thread is going places.

They're not politically affiliated. They're just horrible people who protest high-profile funerals for attention.

The best thing you can do if you resent them as human beings is to just not pay attention to them. They're not worth anyone's attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Funny thing... Maybe you'd like to tell me why Phelps and family supported Gore for President? why did Fred run for US Senate AS A DEMOCRAT. Wonderful thing the internet, it provides information. Something you seem to be in need of.
    Technically, Democrat doesn't equal liberal (Nor Republican equal conservative). The parties have switched sides at least once.

Instead of trying to throw the 'hot potato' back and forth, we should try just throwing it away, if you understand my metaphor.
    Wiping is Fun! ™

This just in:

Denmark to start mass execution of gays after learning from Fox News that virulent homophobia is the sine qua non of left-wing policy. Fred Phelps to be instated as the next king of Sweden. Finland hires Shirley Phelps as a consultant to draft a new, Bible-based constitution.

10+ Year Old Account
    actually if you would do any research other then on msnbc and huffington post you would know the westboro church and fred phelps is alot closer to the left then the right

oh the only thing I can read on the page linked is calling phelps a democrate which he is and as has been mentioned he has run for office many times as a democrate. so much for fox news lying.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Can someone tell me why a newschannel is allowed to tell lies? I know there is a right of free speech, but to tell lies in a newschannel should have consequenses.
    Seriously...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    actually if you would do any research other then on msnbc and huffington post you would know the westboro church and fred phelps is alot closer to the left then the right

oh the only thing I can read on the page linked is calling phelps a democrate which he is and as has been mentioned he has run for office many times as a democrate. so much for fox news lying.
    Closer to the left, if by the left you mean the Democratic party. He's about as Democrat as Ron Paul is Republican (i.e. not very).

The problem is that the terms 'democrat' and 'left-wing' get conflated which isn't the case in the US.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    You'd think so, but you'd be wrong.

The only real bias that exists in American media is a corporate bias. This includes Fox News and its counterpart MSNBC. What type of news they report and how they report it is entirely dependent on whether or not a market exists for the information.
    fox's spin, propaganda, or what ever term you want you on various tax/spending shows they very much have an agenda for a specific group. Fox has long gone away from NEWS for a majority of their content, but still pass it off as news. While yes their market is an odd mix of low middle class middle age whites and ultra rich, their goal is to make said group scared of anything that doesn't benefit the rich who support them.

Look at the recent house vote, the only 25 GOP who did vote for tax bill in a sad attempt to get anything past are lame ducks that aren't playing politics and actually doing their job. and why such withdraw from the other republicans? cause they signed an oath that in my opinion should be considered treason for allegiance to an individual that is neither elected or part of their local voters. But that fits right along with the agenda a NEWS outlets "reports" on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    Quit throwing a tantrum. The reason Fox is publicly mocked so often is because they're so notorious for getting caught lying and twisting stories or doing stupid shit on air. Does it happen to others? There's no real question about it, but it's a weekly gag by Fox that keeps their name in the headlines.

Just a little bit of easily verifiable information about Fred Phelps,
    Democratic Party
    Phelps has run in various Kansas Democratic Party primaries five times, but has never won. These included races for governor in 1990, 1994, and 1998, receiving about 15 percent of the vote in 1998.[30] In the 1992 Democratic Party primary for U.S. Senate, Phelps received 31 percent of the vote.[31] Phelps ran for mayor of Topeka in 1993[32][33] and 1997.[34]
    Support for Al Gore
    Phelps supported Al Gore in the 1988 Democratic Party presidential primary election.[34] In his 1984 Senate race, Gore opposed a "gay bill of rights" and stated that homosexuality was not something that "society should affirm". Phelps has stated that he supported Gore because of these earlier comments.[35] According to Phelps, members of the Westboro Baptist Church helped run Gore's 1988 campaign in Kansas. Phelps' son, Fred Phelps Jr., hosted a Gore fundraiser at his home in Topeka and was a Gore delegate to the 1988 Democratic National Convention.[3]
    Gore spokesman Dag Vega declined to comment, saying "We are not dignifying those stories with a response."[36]
    You dont have to like it, but the fact is PHELPS IS A DEMOCRAT. Sorry that doesn't fit with your position, despite how much you hate Fox, they told the truth on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    fox's spin, propaganda, or what ever term you want you on various tax/spending shows they very much have an agenda for a specific group. Fox has long gone away from NEWS for a majority of their content, but still pass it off as news. While yes their market is an odd mix of low middle class middle age whites and ultra rich, their goal is to make said group scared of anything that doesn't benefit the rich who support them.

Look at the recent house vote, the only 25 GOP who did vote for tax bill in a sad attempt to get anything past are lame ducks that aren't playing politics and actually doing their job. and why such withdraw from the other republicans? cause they signed an oath that in my opinion should be considered treason for allegiance to an individual that is neither elected or part of their local voters. But that fits right along with the agenda a NEWS outlets "reports" on.
    Repeat: Fox News has a bias and an agenda towards the right wing because there is a market for a biased news channel with a right wing agenda.

This is the fact of the matter. Fox, like any other corporation, follows the desires of its shareholders.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the whole, Free Speech and news organizations lying topic; What are false adversing laws like in the States? Could an argument be made that it would fall under that sort restriction? I'm assuming the current precedent says no.
    Wiping is Fun! ™

10+ Year Old Account
    Westboro Baptist Church isn't right or left winged. They are no winged because they ate their own wings off because they're crazy.