Classless or Heavily Customizable MMO?

Could anyone name a few MMOs with good combat and mechanical character customization? I played WoW until Cata. It was fun, but lacked depth. GW2 after a few months is proving to be even worse in this regard. I'm really looking for a game where I can create a specific playstyle that I want and am not handed a class with a very limited amount of customization. Something along the lines of Skyrim or the Roguelike genre would be most preferable, but in an MMO setting- if it exists... if not what would you say the closest is?

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest Secret World. You can equip two weapon types, each type has its own skill progression, and there are nine types to choose from (3 melee, 3 gun-types, 3 magic-types). For any weapon, you can choose between focusing on damage or tank/healing/support. All weapons have damage, and one of the other styles.

By all means, that means that you still have tank/healer/dps/support, but to me it has more character customization than I've seen in other MMO's.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Secret World, Eve, Fallen Earth.

The secret world.

Has no classes or levels. Exp gives skill points to unlock more skills.

You can equip 2 main weapons (total of 9 main weapons dealing with melee, range, and magic) and a 3rd aux weapon (it's 2 extra skills specified into a new weapon type).

The weapon types are:

hammer
    blade
    fist
    Assault rifle
    shotgun
    pistols
    chaos
    blood
    elemental

Aux weapons so far:

chainsaws
    rocket launchers
    quantam brace : (control space and time!).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine, but forgive me if i'm wrong, that TES Online will be like this when it releases, basing that on all the past TES games.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I'd imagine, but forgive me if i'm wrong, that TES Online will be like this when it releases, basing that on all the past TES games.
    Unfortunately, it will have classes. I'd kill for an MMO with a combat/skill/perk system like Skyrim...
    Last edited by Draele; 2012-12-24 at 11:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draele View Post
    Unfortunately, it will have classes. I'd kill for an MMO with a combat/skill/perk system like Skyrim...
    Yes but all classes can use any weapon and any armor.

Secret world I suppose..but combat is really, really bad compared to nearly ALL other MMOs

As others have said, The Secret World is your best chance for anything close to what you want.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Yes but all classes can use any weapon and any armor.
    Exactly! I liked the examples they gave of plate archer tanks or rogue like healers

Dungeons and Dragons Online has such a ridiculous amount of customization it's downright unfriendly to new players.

There are classes in the game, but you can multiclass. Anytime you level up you can take your level in whatever class you want. There's also many options for customizing enhancements/skills/feats, everything from small quality of life bonuses to powerful abilities that upgrade your class and can entirely change your playstyle. If you want to be a paladin/rogue/sorcerer you can. If you don't know what you're doing though you're likely to fuck up your character in about 50 different ways.

The combat is also... different. I personally love it, and from what I've seen most people either love it or hate it. It's definitely not a wow clone.