Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You single out Warriors, when Demo can do something similar with Axe Toss, GoServ Axe Toss, Shadowfury, and Carrion Swarm; there is just fuck all you can do on the receiving end of that with all the DPS being put out at the same time.
    the only example of a class using consecutive CC's that DR each other like these I can think of would be Frost Mage a couple of seasons ago when they added Ring of Frost to the Polymorph (??) DR school. FMages could still use a DRed Sheep as part of a CC chain. as it stands, you wouldn't ever waste these stuns consecutively.

Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    Really, such a large gap between Affliction and ANY other spell in the game? Number one spec you say?

http://simulationcraft.org/510/Raid_T14H.html

Yes, I can tell how OP it is by how Arcane dumps all over its chest. Oh and Frost is MILES behind Affliction with that 1.1% difference.
    Yes because there are so many patchwerk fights.. try adding in some movement or adds..
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Never ask for logic in a game that mails you dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    No it won't Zinnin.

Everyone always says "Wait for more notes, it's not live yet" when really, we know, history has shown that all that happens is what's given with one hand is always taken away with the other.

The nerf to destruction (via gosac), without compensation elsewhere, will remain as it is and will not change in this PTR cycle.

Pessimistic? No, just going by history.
    Remember ISF? How about that 15 second cooldown on Devour Magic that has yet to change?

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 10:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    the only example of a class using consecutive CC's that DR each other like these I can think of would be Frost Mage a couple of seasons ago when they added Ring of Frost to the Polymorph (??) DR school. FMages could still use a DRed Sheep as part of a CC chain. as it stands, you wouldn't ever waste these stuns consecutively.
    I guess her point still stands with Coil, Axe Toss, GoServ Spell Lock/Petswitch Felhunter and Carrion Swarm. But anyways it's basically pointless to take the time to use a petswitch and Carrion Swarm due to the lack of reward seeing as everything is instant...

Also, really like the idea of glyphed Chaos Bolt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    Sub in the Shadowfury of Mortal Coil. Same effect, different DR.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagina View Post
    Just figured I'd drop the napkin math here for Ember Tap pre and post glyph, if anyone is interested. x is your current level of mastery (42,39% is written as 1,4239 for instance) and h is how much you will be healed for.
    Pre glyph:
    16,5*x=h

Post glyph:
    24,75*x=h

A 40% heal (post glyph) will require around 61,62% mastery, a 45% heal will require around 81,82% mastery.
    Please bear in mind these numbers are reduced by 30% in a pvp environment (Battle Fatigue) and by 47.5% everytime a mortal strike effect comes into play.
    Last edited by luckydevours; 2012-12-25 at 04:19 AM.

There comes to a idea: We don't need blood fear at all,so please delete it completely.
    I very miss shadowflame,why not let it back:
    shawdowflame(new)60talent: YOu palce a shadowfalm front of you and damage them 6s(little damage),and the enemy who is affected by 3seconds will be knocked back 15yards, 12s cooldown and 10% health cost.
    Glyph of shawdowflame: 60% slow down

Quote Originally Posted by shinewaylee View Post
    There comes to a idea: We don't need blood fear at all,so please delete it completely.
    shawdowflame(new)60talent: YOu palce a shadowfalm front of you and damage them 6s(little damage),and the enemy who is affected by 3seconds will be knocked back 15yards, 12s cooldown and 10% health cost.
    No, no health costs. Problem is that every time we get a penalty for an ability but it ends up weaker than other classes. Why should get the same effect as a druid's spell while you sacrifice 10% of your health? If there is a cost, then the ability should be "OP" (as in better than what others have). Although I really miss Shadowflame, it won't be enough to compensate. But we do somewhat need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    No, no health costs. Problem is that every time we get a penalty for an ability but it ends up weaker than other classes. Why should get the same effect as a druid's spell while you sacrifice 10% of your health? If there is a cost, then the ability should be "OP" (as in better than what others have). Although I really miss Shadowflame, it won't be enough to compensate. But we do somewhat need it.
    The thing is, the ability given works pretty much like Carrion Swarm, which I think is a bit of an odd-ball. I do miss the old shadowflame also though, a lot, it really felt like a warlock signature spell. The "new version" in HOG just doesn't feel the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also preferred the old HoG, and the old Chaos Bolt. The "new" Blood Fear to me is just a shitty version of HoT, with a healthcost and higher CD, plus no control over it. Yes it may have charges, but perhaps melee can just wait for this very predictable buff to wear out.

Quote Originally Posted by shinewaylee View Post
    Problem with shadowflame was that it required melee range and was part of warlock dps rotation, blizzard even nerfed other spells to compensate for the fact that we do dmg with shadowflame in melee range. Personally i dont want to see this spell again, warlocks are ranged not melees.

10+ Year Old Account
    That isn't necessarily true. We're cloth tanks, so we do some damage at close range. Demo more than the other two specs. Even mages, a squishier class, use Cone of Cold. You're right, however, I'd rather SF, were it to return, did not become rotational.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Also preferred the old HoG, and the old Chaos Bolt. The "new" Blood Fear to me is just a shitty version of HoT, with a healthcost and higher CD, plus no control over it. Yes it may have charges, but perhaps melee can just wait for this very predictable buff to wear out.
    How old? CB hasn't been "good" since Wrath, even then I'm talking very relatively. Last expansion it was a joke.
    That isn't necessarily true. We're cloth tanks, so we do some damage at close range. Demo more than the other two specs. Even mage, a squishier class, use Cone of Cold. You're right, however, I'd rather SF, were it to return, did not become rotational.
    This just isnt true at all anymore, Demo does no extra damage at close range. In fact with all its mobility and gap openers it has no reason or excuse to be tanking anything.

Does the Grim of Sac nerf for Destruction makes sense to any of you guys? With nothing in return?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    Does the Grim of Sac nerf for Destruction makes sense to any of you guys? With nothing in return?
    Making sense and blizzard "balancing" very seldom goes together. Welcome to wow!

Deleted
    It makes sense that they nerf the talent because it was (and will still be ?) the best choice for PvE on every encounter; but we are now waiting for the compensation, especially since the spec was already considered by many as the inferior one for PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    It makes sense that they nerf the talent because it was (and will still be ?) the best choice for PvE on every encounter; but we are now waiting for the compensation, especially since the spec was already considered by many as the inferior one for PvE.
    Thats why it doesn´t make sense. If Destro locks are already inferior, and still they want us to use another talent, then the logical thing to do is to buff some other talents if they want us to use them.

Unless they give us something good in return, this is just stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    Thats why it doesn´t make sense. If Destro locks are already inferior, and still they want us to use another talent, then the logical thing to do is to buff some other talents if they want us to use them.

Unless they give us something good in return, this is just stupid.
    Especially as GOSupremacy is the strongest talent for single target, GOSac is only situationally good which is what they wanted so I just don't understand why they nerfed it for destro, it was strong for Afflic yes, but why destro?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    How old? CB hasn't been "good" since Wrath, even then I'm talking very relatively. Last expansion it was a joke.
    I'm referring to its animation. I dislike the massive oversized missile it's become. With HOG I mean the mechanics of the old spell.

This just isnt true at all anymore, Demo does no extra damage at close range. In fact with all its mobility and gap openers it has no reason or excuse to be tanking anything.
    Demo has one spell that closes gaps and another that only comes into effect at close range, i.e. Immolation Aura. I am not saying there is a reason to remain at close range but addressing the argument that you can't have the old Shadowflame because we're not melee. The old one did confer a rather low damage increase if used rotationally but I don't think people who are nostalgic about it are asking for it to be part of any rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo has one spell that closes gaps and another that only comes into effect at close range, i.e. Immolation Aura. I am not saying there is a reason to remain at close range but addressing the argument that you can't have the old Shadowflame because we're not melee. The old one did confer a rather low damage increase if used rotationally but I don't think people who are nostalgic about it are asking for it to be part of any rotation.
    Leap can be used as an opener as much as a closer, and you wouldn't use Hellfire/Immolation Aura in PvP to deal damage. With that and so many instants, Axe Toss, Carrion Swarm, two seperate Teleport cooldowns and Gateway I just can't see a reasonable argument to describe Demo as 'cloth tanks' with so much mobility and by extention so little reason to be getting hit by melee. I can see a case for Destruction, and to a lesser extent Affliction being described as such; and maybe even needing some help in that regard, but not Demo.

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    Problem with shadowflame was that it required melee range and was part of warlock dps rotation, blizzard even nerfed other spells to compensate for the fact that we do dmg with shadowflame in melee range. Personally i dont want to see this spell again, warlocks are ranged not melees.
    Neednot worry,I have said it has little damage and cost 10% health.High cost and little get is not rewarding for them to do so.