Deleted

Quickest way of gearing up?

Hi everyone and Merry Christmas!

Since they increase the drop chance of gear in scenarios, wouldn't it be quicker to gear up for raids there?
    Compared to normal heroics? Or is the ilvl lower or what am I missing?

Talking from a DPS perspective.

I don't know what the droprate of items from scenarios is like, but I've never gotten a single item from them, though I have only done half a dozen. Anyway, with a half-decent group (mostly, a tank with a brain on its shoulders), you can clear heroics in 10-15 minutes depending on the heroic, which will give you a lot of opportunities for drops and relatively many justice points with which to upgrade your blue items.

Though the fastest way is to simply buy BoEs off the AH and run LFR. For my priest, I bought BoE gloves, robe, trinket, off-hand, went engineering for the head item, and killed sha for the boots, which gave me 6 ilvl 476 items on day one of hitting lvl 90 with no RNG involved; then I did random BGs and some 2v2 arena matches until I got 1800 conquest points, which was enough to buy the shoulders (or another cheap pvp item of your choice) for a 483 item without any obnoxious RNG; then I upgraded all my (good) blue items from running heroics to 471 with justice points that I had gained from doing battlegrounds and running heroics. I also upgraded my trinket once, with 750 VP, since I plan on keeping it for the entire tier, but if you just cear about gaining ilvls fast then obviously saving the VP and getting a valor item on week 2 is a better approach.

Doing that, it was possible to enter HoF and Terrace LFR on week one, which gave me some more items, but if you gain any items from LFR or not is totally random so I wouldn't really count on it as a way to gear up (on some of my chars I've gone a month without winning anything).

As for heroics vs. scenarios, scendarios can drop 476 epics with random useful stats now, but I don't know the droprate for those, and I wouldn't count on it as a way to gear up. Personally I only do heroics when I'm looking to gear up; scenarios are too slow, and don't give significant rewards for the time investment.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Merry Christmas!!

I recently hit 90 with my priest, and was in LFR within a day, thanks to crafted Gloves/Chest, archaeology trinket/OH, queing for Heroics whilst in scenarios (Queue's popped as soon as scenario was finished). I walked away from the scenario's with a few 450 blues and a 476 item. Within the one week lockout I had finished Terrace of Endless Springs on LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scenarios are pretty fast but the gear is completely random, meaning that they can be for the wrong spec, only a problem if you're a hybrid class. But each scenario is worth essentially one heroic boss, so if you can get it done in about 7-10 minutes it is worth it. The queue is also instant which is a plus. The heroics only take like, 30 minutes TOPS to complete though. So they might be better. It is really about what you like doing. I believe you can queue up for scenarios and dungeons at the same time.
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
    H. L. Mencken

Scenarios seem to drop something for me 1/3 of the time. I've gotten one purple from a scenario, most of the time it's a 450 blue or a 463 blue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoulsen View Post
    Hi everyone and Merry Christmas!

Since they increase the drop chance of gear in scenarios, wouldn't it be quicker to gear up for raids there?
    Compared to normal heroics? Or is the ilvl lower or what am I missing?

Talking from a DPS perspective.
    Not really, no. It's way too RNG.
    Only sure way outside normal raiding for epics is to rep up for 489/496, buy crafted 476/496, buy world BoE's and bonus rolls on world bosses.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.