Poll: Was I Wrong?

Thread: Was this wrong?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Taking advantage of your guildmates is immoral.

Unless you don't care about helping our your guildmates, in which case why are you in that guild?

People who act like this about people they meet online in a video game make me wretch. Get life, get some perspective. It's a video game. This bizarre behavior usually stems from people who's real life social status is so pathetic, they consider the online associates they meet in video games, as "friends". Sleeping with a RL friend's girlfriend is immoral, what the OP did was not.

Only someone who is clueless about life would find what the OP did was wrong, and probably needs to put the games down for a bit, find a girlfriend/boyfriend, RL friends, a job, have kids, or all of the above.
    Last edited by ablib; 2012-12-25 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    People who act like this about people they meet online in a video game make me wretch. Get life, get some perspective. It's a video game. This bizarre behavior usually stems from people who's real life social status is so pathetic, they consider the online associates they meet in video games, as "friends". Sleeping with a RL friend's girlfriend is immoral, what the OP did was not.

Only someone who is clueless about life would find what the OP did was wrong, and probably needs to put the games down for a bit, find a girlfriend/boyfriend, RL friends, a job, have kids, or all of the above.
    Interesting. I think people clueless on life think that taking advantage of people is ok just because it's online. Same people who think that being an ass to people is ok because it's online and anonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Interesting. I think people clueless on life think that taking advantage of people is ok just because it's online. Same people who think that being an ass to people is ok because it's online and anonymous.
    It's a video game. Remember? Not real. Buying a virtual item and reselling it for virtual profit, is hardly the description of being an internet bully (which is not acceptable, obviously). This is where the "get some perspective" bit comes in.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not even that I had the patience. I bought it, immediately put it on the AH and went to bed. Woke up 8 hours later with 13k in my mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    It's not even that I had the patience. I bought it, immediately put it on the AH and went to bed. Woke up 8 hours later with 13k in my mail.
    This is why people who waste time spamming trade for hours are fools. The AH is a tool. Let the tool do the work for you, I say.

A Guildy bought a Blood-Soaked Invitation off the BMAH for over 90k when they came out, he offered me a Brawler's Pass for 10k when he reached lvl 7 even though they were still going for 60k+, when I reached lvl 7 & got mine I sold it for 25k & sent him the difference, made me feel all warm & fuzzy inside) If you're feeling a little guilty split the extra you made with him, everyone's a winner - Happy Holiday's.
    “Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well-preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting ‘Geronimo!!!"

It's a video game.
    Clueless on life.

Interactions between real people is reality. Doesn't matter if the communication is through texting, snailmail, or in an MMORPG.

Rude behavior in a game has real life consequences. Reminds me of "The Big Year" in a way, Owen Wilson sacrifices *everything* to be the best at something most people think of as a joke of a hobby if that, whereas the rest of them find a way to juggle their hobby and their real lives (jobs, family, etc) and make new friends along the way who share in those hobbies.

It's a video game. Remember? Not real. Buying a virtual item and reselling it for virtual profit, is hardly the description of being an internet bully (which is not acceptable, obviously). This is where the "get some perspective" bit comes in.
    You proved my point perfectly. Thank you.

Using the Internet as an excuse for being an ass. You are the poster child of all that is wrong with online interaction.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The items and game things are not real. The interactions with other humans is very much real.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say you could give him 3k of your profits and then still be "good" - you'd still get money off selling it and he wouldn't feel like an idiot, basically split the "profit off it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Correct it is a video game but time and effort into said game after spending days at work or playing in ones free time means that eventually that 15 bucks a month has to mean something. That it becomes more than, or the items you gain and how you gain them can mean something more than "just a video game"

Deleted
    Depends on your guild.

We are a very tight nit guild so I would of sold it for the guildie and given him the gold.

But if you brought this in /2 for 6k you would not be even asking the question right?

It does not sound like you really have any relationship with your guildies so /2 = /g I guess?