Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Make PI baseline and come up with a new 75 talent.

/discuss

they should make insanity into a mirror of the new solace, except have each tick (on a non-player target) give a shadow orb and be on a longer cooldown (30-60 sec). it'd almost be like having archangel again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our single target dps, with proper gear, isn't really that bad as much as people cry about it tbh.
    I think, many people here can only dream about what you call "proper gear". Still, If others in your raid also get proper gear, then you're back where you started.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I think, many people here can only dream about what you call "proper gear". Still, If others in your raid also get proper gear, then you're back where you started.
    These are wise words.

Deleted
    Good job belittling someone who is much more of a better player than you.

Well as a 483 ShadowPriest on single target boss fights with a lot of movement the dps drops like a rock. Spam SW: P wtf. If there isn't a lot of adds or adds period ToF is terrible. DI procs right now are horrible. Dots hit like wet noodles. Im haste capped, hit capped clip dots sometimes clip dots early if trink or weapon procs allow for it. Damage just doesn't scale with other dps classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Maybe they take into account the fact that shadow priests are insanely good at PvP before handing out PvE buffs.
    Well since I don't pvp at all I don't really care as do many others. Blizz needs to stop punishing PVE to satisfy PVP and visa versa........

I agree PVE is suffering to the PVPers. Seems that blizz is only concerned for the pvp community.

Quote Originally Posted by Shennanigans View Post
    Well since I don't pvp at all I don't really care as do many others. Blizz needs to stop punishing PVE to satisfy PVP and visa versa........
    It's not that they are punishing one to serve the other, it's the fact that this game has both PvE and PvP and since there isn't a separate list of abilities that can only be used in one or other, any change to one invariably affects the other. It's the nature of any game with this set-up and getting the balance between both is difficult.

Lol, I'd accept a nerf to our Pvpnesses for some sort of buff in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Osaedon View Post
    I agree PVE is suffering to the PVPers. Seems that blizz is only concerned for the pvp community.
    If they raised base resilience they COULD raise classes in PvE with low DPS without affecting PvP much - one reason why I suggested it.

Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    These are wise words.
    no idea what he/she meant. maybe they've never simmed out other classes/specs and seen that warlocks and mages (even post fire nerf) have 20%+ higher stat weights on int and at least two secondaries than does shadow. that implies the exact opposite of 'gear will fix it' unless we see insane set bonuses next tier.

The just need to adjust how our spells work on players I don't know why they refuse to address that is the only way pve and pvp are ever going to be remotely balanced. Its trying to balance apples and oranges. Making spells behave differently pve vs. pvp is the only way.

Spriests are not amazing in PvP right now because of their damage, it's the utility they bring. DoTs are still weak in PvP and getting big Devo's out isn't easy all the time. Orb generation is poor and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Some of the people mentioned in this thread do have gear. And actually acknowledge what our real problems are and how to fix them. But, even if we have gear we are still the worst scaling class in the game. Mages scale almost twice as fast as us.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Some of the people mentioned in this thread do have gear. And actually acknowledge what our real problems are and how to fix them. But, even if we have gear we are still the worst scaling class in the game. Mages scale almost twice as fast as us.
    We're far from the worst scaling class in the game. Maybe the worst scaling caster, along with moonkins, but we still bring more utility than any of them. People who want to make it sound bad call that utility "hybrid tax". Yes, it exists, and yes, it should exist. 3-4 Shadow Priests / Moonkins in a 25M raid can easily reduce the amount of healers required on fights with high burst phases or tight enrage timers, such as Garalon, Empress, Tsulong, etc., and allow you to bring one more DPS.

Dragon Soul times are gone, and won't ever be back, deal with it. If you want your guild to bring you to raids purely because of your DPS capabilities, you really should reroll a pure DPS class.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    Hybrid tax should not exist, and neither should I have to rerol a lock to do competitive dmg. If you bring 3-4sp/moonkins you're basically taking away the dps of one lock, so bringing 1 healer and a lock is exactly the same as doing that. Plus our healing is far from "on demand" we only have VE which can be thought of as a CD, but its so crappy in 25m it might as well be a fart in the wind (600-800k is really crappy), DS healing and halo can be compared to our previous VE since you have to use them on cd("why gimp your dps even more than it already is?").
    I do agree that on some fight DS healing is pretty strong(when we are packed) but apart from protectors and SK I am not seing a lot of fights where we sit over 25k+hps.
    TBH our utility is far from "great", can't even be considered as "good". Its just "there" and it seems to be the excuse for our medium to crappy dps.

I do agree that we arn't a total failure, but SP mop design is a failure(design not performance). We have one of the worst scaling atm, and if things are still the same you will be having the same DP/minute ratio in two tiers... A cd is needed, our resource should scale with haste, and SWI needs some reworking, I don't think these are excessive demands. Our single target damage is so far off.
    Plus, you are never gona bring a SP on a tight enrage timer, we have near to nothing that can be qualified as "burst on demand" compared to all the other classes.

And i don't agree, moonkin have a much better scaling than we do, they scale extremely well with crit as it is their main mechanic, to us crit is no little different than mastery;S I mean criting or mastery procs or haste arn't really giving us any new mechanic to work with(except under DI, but fights were we must pick DI are fights were we are not picking ToF and abusing it, and as we have seen earlier, only fights were we abuse ToF, we are doing good.
    Last edited by mmocfc3a103b64; 2012-12-25 at 05:46 AM.

Deleted
    PVP utility? Whaaaaat!
    Poor 30k Heals?
    Really bad DMG with zero burst?
    CC that can do a Warlock far better?
    No survivability out of dispersion?

I planned to switch from my Warry after Blizz destroyed him in 5.2. But my Shadow died in 5.1, when Blizz decided to nerf hybrid healing since that was the only advantage Spriests could offer. At least they shouldn't have nerfed selfhealing...
    Last edited by mmoc8b1766084d; 2012-12-25 at 01:43 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think this whole "hybrid tax" is a lame excuse for explaining anything, so much conjecture.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mindp View Post
    I think this whole "hybrid tax" is a lame excuse for explaining anything, so much conjecture.
    I'm away on holiday with little/no internet, so I've been absent for a bit (and will be for a week or so more) - but the official word out of Blizzard is that the hybrid tax doesn't truly exist anymore. Until Blizzard states that the hybrid tax is returned, that hybrid specs are balanced around their utility while pures are not - because they have the option of role switching between attempts - I think we should all assume that the hybrid tax does not exist (as Blizzard has said it doesn't), and that our damage is a little low in single target, and could use a burst cooldown to make us more responsive to fight mechanics.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter