Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    Hi there community of mmo-champion

Most left cart=top or water
    Middle cart=middle
    Right card=right or lava
    Respawn place of carts=spawn
    top cart should absolutely not be called water.

earth/top (bridge acceptable)
    water/middle
    lava/bottom

Reading this thread really makes me want to find a good group to RBG with. Any advice on finding a team? I am tired of the constant pugging and using battlemasters has proven to be a complete disaster/headache.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicrat2 View Post
    top cart should absolutely not be called water.

earth/top (bridge acceptable)
    water/middle
    lava/bottom
    why would you want to call middle water?

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 09:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RedzTheRogue View Post
    Reading this thread really makes me want to find a good group to RBG with. Any advice on finding a team? I am tired of the constant pugging and using battlemasters has proven to be a complete disaster/headache.
    well I made some suggestions in the thread so I suggest you check those out first, but just keep the people you like on your friendlist and build a network that way

Deleted
    I'd say like 10 wins in a row from 2k to 2.2k

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Priscus View Post
    I'd say like 10 wins in a row from 2k to 2.2k
    depends on your/their mmr

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a really good post you've made. Thank you for sharing. I'll need to try this out sometime. But can anyone of the DPS be replaced with a Warrior? Just wondering.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    why would you want to call middle water?[COLOR="red"]
    I assume he calls the middle water because near the end of the cart there is water. That is my best guess though. Prefer just:

1. Left, Middle, Right (always used)
    or
    2.Water, Middle, Lava (for those who have problems with number 1).

Quote Originally Posted by RedzTheRogue View Post
    teamfind.com is pretty great But finding a group with low CR is as good as impossible, so just join 10000s of Cap Pugs and get to 1.5k atleast (should be able to reach that fairly easy even if you lose alot, as you dont lose much CR when you lose)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    teamfind.com is pretty great But finding a group with low CR is as good as impossible, so just join 10000s of Cap Pugs and get to 1.5k atleast (should be able to reach that fairly easy even if you lose alot, as you dont lose much CR when you lose)
    Thanks a ton! I signed up and am awaiting replies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fury Junior View Post
    This is a really good post you've made. Thank you for sharing. I'll need to try this out sometime. But can anyone of the DPS be replaced with a Warrior? Just wondering.
    Like I said in the OP, you can swap around any of the optional dps out for a warrior, however you would be gimping yourself pretty badly, good teams sometimes play with a warrior for the grip-->solar beam-->rof-->shockwave combo, but that requires good coordination to pull off

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 06:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    I assume he calls the middle water because near the end of the cart there is water. That is my best guess though. Prefer just:

1. Left, Middle, Right (always used)
    or
    2.Water, Middle, Lava (for those who have problems with number 1).
    yea pmuch what I said

10+ Year Old Account
    I have over 120k HKs, but I have never tried RBG because I cannot imagine ever putting this amount of work into PvP. It's just insane. I wish I had this type of dedication.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post
    I have over 120k HKs, but I have never tried RBG because I cannot imagine ever putting this amount of work into PvP. It's just insane. I wish I had this type of dedication.
    In the end, it is so much fun and well worth the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    In the end, it is so much fun and well worth the trouble.
    Indeed, I play at pretty low rating (1450CR atm) and I have a blast if I get into a fun RBG group, like yesterday we had like a 3-5 score or seomthing but damn we had a blast doing so!
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Some enjoy raiding, some enjoy organised pvp, Its no more work then the other I'd say

well led rbgs (good leader/target caller) are an absolute joy to play. even losing can be tolerable

Deleted
    yea, for me RBG are the best thing to do when logged into wow, closely followed by (gladiator level) arena and gold CM's

10+ Year Old Account
    Here seems as good place as any;

Experienced and skilled PVE player, with a long time background of BGs on carious classes (but a lack of arena xp due to time restraints)

Looking for an established group, of mature, reliable, CALM players to push HOTH.

Armoury in sig, Feel free to PM me and ask for my gamer tag, and we'll go from there.

@OP great guide +1
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Great guide, I can tell you put a lot of time and effort into this guide. I will def put a lot of your suggestions into play, for example taking the speed buff and the blow off strategy, I can tell that WSG is your bread and butter.

Well EOTS is my Bread & Butter, now to put some input of my own. Your EOTS guide is extremely weak and I feel you are misinforming people. I have a 90% success rate in EOTS and while I mainly give credit to my rbgs group situational awareness.

Strat
    DESIGNATE 2 PEOPLE TO GUARD FLAGS
    1ST
    FC (Guardian/Prot Stays Tank Spec) Goes Mage Tower or FRR (Depending on Horde/Ally)
    ** Now very important, when capping mage tower you can get ninja capped from the sides.. it is very important that when you are initially capping the flag you cap from the side opposite of FRR, this is to avoid the enemy DK grippping you off the flag to stop the cap**

2ND
    Hunter - Should go to DR or BE (Horde/Ally) If you don't have a hunter, then go with a rogue. If you don't have a rogue, then go with whatever class you doubled up on, it needs to be something that can solo other classes.

Holy Paladin (if your not running a paladin, then randomly pick anyone) - You need to keep an eye on the enemy Death Knight, if he is going to mid.. then don't worry about him your job is done. If he is headed to one your bases, haul ass to meet him at the bridges, so u can CC him so he does not stop your fc/hunter from capping your bases. Once you successfully cc him, get away and get back to the middle. Don't waste your time fucking with him.

Death Knight - Go unholy presence, make sure you have slowfall atleast 18 seconds left when that bubble comes down. Go cap either BE or DR, generally bad teams will have their Mage sitting at those bases which you can kill with your full cds up. If you do it right, you can get there and stop the cap.
    * If you see there paladin peeling out to stop you.. turn around and get to mid
    * If the base your going to stop the cap has a feral druid speeding to the flag to cap it, turn around go to mid
    * If for any reason they cap the base, turn around go to mid

Mage - @ 22 Seconds Slow Fall everyone, don't do it before. People will take damage and hate you.

"The Offense"
    - The Dps .. Push their offense past the flag, kill whatever is overextended into the middle. If your standing in the back scared like pussies behind your healers, they are gunna die and your gunna get gripped and knocked off, and you will lose.

- Healers - Should be right smack in the middle, healing your dps who should be pushing forward and trying to cap the flag.

edit: Another general point I would recommend adding to the preque round-up is introducing yourself and your leading style to the group once everyone is in skype. I personally like to take a very strong grip of the reigns and don't allow anyone to talk over me in strat calling. If we lose and fail, I take full responsibility and I let my group know that up front so no ones feelings get hurt. Other leaders, feel comfortable with people helping them co-lead, others like when people whisper them their opinions mid game, etc. Set the stage for what they should expect from you as a leader, this is extremely important for a successful group.
    Last edited by cerebro; 2013-02-04 at 10:20 PM.

How would you suggest a RET Pally getting into RBG's? I cant reroll because, as of right now, I have no alts and leveling another character will take me too long, having peaked out at 1350 arena rating, I excel in random BG's and i have skype, vent and a headset, and I understand CC, target switching, etc. I know the preconception of RET Pallies atm and I just want to be able show my skills.
    ---
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lmist/advanced

normally i run with 30sec HoJ and Holy avenger but My last Bg was SotA and i needed BoG for tank snares and some sustained with DP

Quote Originally Posted by Ellmist View Post
    How would you suggest a RET Pally getting into RBG's? I cant reroll because, as of right now, I have no alts and leveling another character will take me too long, having peaked out at 1350 arena rating, I excel in random BG's and i have skype, vent and a headset, and I understand CC, target switching, etc. I know the preconception of RET Pallies atm and I just want to be able show my skills.
    ---
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lmist/advanced

normally i run with 30sec HoJ and Holy avenger but My last Bg was SotA and i needed BoG for tank snares and some sustained with DP
    You are in a tough spot my friend, you are in are far enough where it sucks to have to switch to holy & you are not geared enough to make up for playing ret. However I will answer your question, regem. Get rid of all those pvp power gems, get vivid gems. Stop gemming Haste.

The hard part now, either lead your own groups. Or find a good group that will take you and befriend the leader and play to the best of your ability. Be the one clicking flags, get killing blows, use your cc's call it out on cc's. Read my guide to target calling, and that could be something you could add to your resume.

I tried RBGs with Openraid several times but I often found the leaders weren't really prepared. This is a great guide to refer people to.