- Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
    - SSD: Corsair Force Series 3 60GB
    - PSU: Corsair GS700
    - Case: Corsair White Graphite Series 600T
    - Mouse: Vengeance M60
    - Keyboard: Vengeance K60
    - Headset: Vengeance 1500 Dolby 7.1

The questions:

1 - Two 200mm fans plus a 120mm should be plenty to keep my components running cool right?
    2 - I will have 3 hard drives, Is it safe to place them close to eachother or should i try to keep them spaced?
    3 - Is liquid cooling safe? I know it performs better, but seems like a big risk to me.
    4 - I already own a Intel 330 SSD 120Gb. Can I use any sort of combination with these 2 to increase performance or should i just keep one?

Thank you.

Hi there,
    Stock fans in the case should be fine. It really doesn't matter how close your hard drives are to each other, but if you have the room to separate them, why not? Liquid cooling is completely safe (if it's a closed loop, which the h60 is). I will be receiving an h100 for christmas and will enjoy hooking that baby up! As far as the ssd, I suggest you RAID the two hard drives, and then keep the ssd for an os drive, etc. Hope this helps! Merry Christmas!

Deleted
    What worried me the most was the water cooling. Thank you for the answers, you were in fact helpful. Merry Christmas all!

Deleted
    why such a +- weak cpu in comparison to the rest of the build?

Deleted
    This was a prize from a giveaway. Will probably upgrade to a FX 8320 (or steamroller if performs well and is not too expensive) later on when I have the money. This one is still better than my Athlon tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by diay View Post
    This was a prize from a giveaway. Will probably upgrade to a FX 8320 (or steamroller if performs well and is not too expensive) later on when I have the money. This one is still better than my Athlon tho.
    fair enough just seemed unbalanced.

Deleted
    I think what Shroud wanted to say is "If you haven't bought it yet you might want to consider a more powerful Intel CPU+Z77 board in combination with the rest of your build" or something like that.

So yeah, I would also suggest you reconsider and get a i5-35700k and Z77 motherboard, perhaps a better power supply as well while you're at it. Unless of course you already have the components.

FX-4300 vs i5-3570k

I know yours is the FX-4170, FX-4300 uses less power and is clocked a little higher but it's still fine for comparison.

Edit: Just read the reply about winning it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    I think what Shroud wanted to say is "If you haven't bought it yet you might want to consider a more powerful Intel CPU+Z77 board in combination with the rest of your build" or something like that.

So yeah, I would also suggest you reconsider and get a i5-35700k and Z77 motherboard, perhaps a better power supply as well while you're at it. Unless of course you already have the components.

FX-4300 vs i5-3570k

I know yours is the FX-4170, FX-4300 uses less power and is clocked a little higher but it's still fine for comparison.

beat ya to it ^^
    also gasp you found out my other on-line alias? (for on-line play that is)
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2012-12-25 at 06:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post

FX-4300 vs i5-3570k

I know Intel has "the best money can buy" but I'll stick with AMD for now for a few reasons: their cpu's work, even if they're not the best; where I live a FX 8320 has the same price as a i5 3330 (the 3570K is 45€ more); AMD motherboards usualy are cheaper and have more features.
    If someday I get a better job I may go with Intel, but for now AMD serves the market I'm in.

Also in the event that the CPU cooler leaks would corsair warranty cover all the damaged parts or only the cooler itself?
    Call me old fashioned, but water and electronics bother me a bit xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diay View Post
    I know Intel has "the best money can buy" but I'll stick with AMD for now for a few reasons: their cpu's work, even if they're not the best; where I live a FX 8320 has the same price as a i5 3330 (the 3570K is 45€ more); AMD motherboards usualy are cheaper and have more features.
    If someday I get a better job I may go with Intel, but for now AMD serves the market I'm in.

Also in the event that the CPU cooler leaks would corsair warranty cover all the damaged parts or only the cooler itself?
    Call me old fashioned, but water and electronics bother me a bit xD
    Water itself isn't actually conductive. Its the impurities in the water that are the problem. Calcium, iron, magnesium, salt, etc.