View Poll Results: Do you think football should be banned?

Voters
239. This poll is closed
  • We should ban all sports and athletics.

38 15.90%
  • Football should be banned for everyone, including adults.

19 7.95%
  • Football should be banned in high schools and colleges.

4 1.67%
  • Football should be banned in high schools only.

9 3.77%
  • Football shouldn't be banned.

169 70.71%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    If I want to play full-contact football, the government shouldn't tell me otherwise. As I said in the OP, there is nothing the government can do that wouldn't effectively ban football, either through an outright ban or by changing the sport so that it is no longer actual football. You can make it "two-hand touch" all you want, but that isn't real football and you are effectively banning the sport. Also, the vast majority of the articles I linked to weren't just calling for new government regulations for football, they were referring to outright bans.
    You have no idea wtf you are talking about. It is very obvious. You are are unable to see a middle ground. You see any further safety regulations as a ban, so there is no reasoning with you. You just want to blame the government and liberals for something, anything, and ultimately everything. Is this all that you came up with?

The government did not move the kickoff up. People in football made that call. Please forgive them for taking statistics into consideration and trying to make the game safer. They will keep trying to make the game as safe as possible without detracting from the experience. That should always be the goal.

I do not even hear this shit from the extreme nutjubs around here. I listen to sports talk radio exclusively and nobody is on there saying liberals are trying to ban football. Nobody. And that is on Finebaum where rednecks and conservatives are the main callers. You are officially crazier than Tammy.
    Last edited by Roose; 2012-12-25 at 07:33 PM.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    You have no idea wtf you are talking about. It is very obvious. You are are unable to see a middle ground. You see any further safety regulations as a ban, so there is no reasoning with you. You just want to blame the government and liberals for something, anything. Is this all that you came up with?

The government did not move the kickoff up. People in football made that call. Please forgive them for taking statistics into consideration and trying to make the game safer. They will keep trying to make the game as safe as possible without detracting from the experience. That should always be the goal.

I do not even hear this shit from the extreme nutjubs around here. I listen to sports talk radio exclusively and nobody is on there saying liberals are trying to ban football. Nobody. And that is on Finebaum where rednecks and conservatives are the main callers. You are officially crazier than Tammy.
    There is no need for insults. There can be no middle-ground, the government has no place implementing such regulations to begin with. The liberalism calls for everything to be controlled and conducted by the government. Why not let people play the sport the way they choose? In addition, there are already private (non-government) bodies for football (and most other sports) that set the rules. If the NFL (or other league) wants to change their rules, they have the ability to do that. They're private entities, made up of private individuals, not the government.

This is an example of one of the big problems with liberalism. Liberals think the only way to do anything is through big government, as opposed to looking to market and private solutions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    There is no need for insults. There can be no middle-ground, the government has no place implementing such regulations to begin with. The liberalism calls for everything to be controlled and conducted by the government. Why not let people play the sport the way they choose? In addition, there are already private (non-government) bodies for football (and most other sports) that set the rules. If the NFL (or other league) wants to change their rules, they have the ability to do that. They're private entities, made up of private individuals, not the government.

This is an example of one of the big problems with liberalism. Liberals think the only way to do anything is through big government, as opposed to looking to market and private solutions.
    You are just spouting conservative rhetoric, for no freaking reason. Sorry if you feel that I am insulting you, just stating facts. You are unable to see a middle ground, in all regards.

No government body is trying to ban football! None! Not liberals, not conservatives, not communists, nobody! You are mistaken, or deluded.

All of the recent safety changes have been implemented by football organizations. They are doing this proactively so that the government is not involved. How is this hard to understand? Nobody is trying to ban football besides a few scattered whackos! It does not matter what party they vote for, because no government organization is trying to get football banned.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    You might as well just ban that whole sport then. Fist fights are the only thing that make hockey watchable.

Who wants to watch a bunch of grown-ass toothless men skate around on ice for an hour and a half? Not me, that's who.
    But if they ban fighting, then they won't be toothless anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    You are just spouting conservative rhetoric, for no freaking reason. Sorry if you feel that I am insulting you, just stating facts. You are unable to see a middle ground, in all regards.

No government body is trying to ban football! None! Not liberals, not conservatives, not communists, nobody! You are mistaken, or deluded.

All of the recent safety changes have been implemented by football organizations. They are doing this proactively so that the government is not involved. How is this hard to understand? Nobody is trying to ban football besides a few scattered whackos! It does not matter what party they vote for, because no government organization is trying to get football banned.
    I say we wait a while. With the new rules implemented, there's nothing else we can do but wit until the current cycle of players are gone, and the current kids are playing in the NFL. Right now, because of rules changes, kids are being taught to tackle the safe way. Players like Ray Lewis are set in their ways, they're not going to change. When all these older guys are gone, we will probably see a drop in serious injuries, notably concussions. Because that's the only injury that's causing all these discussions. Nobody's going mental because their knee hurts. The head injuries are what's causing people's brain to go mental and do things, or die at early ages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I never understood how American football can be even close to as dangerous as rugby. But, I guess I would say the helmets are nasty. They are of course great when they protect, but when used to make the tackle or hit - I can see why they are very dangerous. I don't have a solution, wish i did because I really enjoy American football.
    Clueless post. American football is about collision, you don't have that in rugby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Replace American Football with British Army Murderball, then we shall have some fun.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=murderball

A game invented by the British Army in which is a lot like soccer. The differences are:

1. The goal is a post or a spot on the ground where the ball must be placed (not thrown), rather than an open goal

2. There are no rules. Anything goes except for the use of weapons and punching to the face or groin.

3. The winner is the team that accumulates the most points before the end of the game.

There are some variations such as 'last man standing murderball' and 'one point per hospitalisation'
    'Fancy another game of murderball?'
    'Not til they take my stitches out'
    I played a game like that in high school once. Once.

I pussied out after I tackled 1 guy and saw how many other dudes were staring at me and just left.

It started out as a full contact no pads football game and ended up being a 40man wrestling brawl on the field.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say as a marcher. I think I'm much more in danger at the field. I'll take on the entire football team, but messing with the drumline? Not on gods green earth.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should ban it in Spain, I couldn't care less about the rest.

Why?

Because people go retarded mode with football. It's a mass control tool.

The liberal hate is strong in this OP.

What... what are we even arguing about? Who the hell has called to ban football of all things? Nobody. If anybody has, they fall under the category of 'crazy.' Why is this even being asked about?

More importantly, why are people getting so heated at each other about it? So silly. Ya'll need to sit down, chill out, and eat a yule log.

This is my last post in this thread since it seems to be falling on deaf ears.

Where is the source link that says

Liberals Want to Ban Football.

If I made a thread saying Republicans Want to Ban Football with no link or information it would likely be discounted.

I'm republican and I already find this thread stupid. Liberals? Is that what we have to use to validate an argument now? A few people WHO YOU HAVE NO PROOF of being liberal suddenly generalizes a certain group of people wanting to ban a football? Only Republicans play football? Wouldn't it be wrong for me to generalize republicans in that sense? Not to mention stupid? Some of you republicans are an absolute embarrassment to your own political party.

Quote Originally Posted by Toroc View Post
    I'm republican and I already find this thread stupid. Liberals? Is that what we have to use to validate an argument now? A few people WHO YOU HAVE NO PROOF of being liberal suddenly generalizes a certain group of people wanting to ban a football? Only Republicans play football? Wouldn't it be wrong for me to generalize republicans in that sense? Not to mention stupid? Some of you republicans are an absolute embarrassment to your own political party.
    It's Swazi. All his threads are like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

15+ Year Old Account
    Some people want to ban football. Some of them happen to associate with the democratic party.

LIBERALS WANT TO BAN FOOTBALL

I should work for Fox News.

Edit: Another amazing leap of logic for hating on liberals from Swazi "Evil Obama Empire" Spring.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2012-12-25 at 08:41 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    I want to link a southpark episode called 'sarcastaball'
    I guess we should change the ball with a balloon and make all the players wear bra's

15+ Year Old Account
    American fotball is a sissy sport compared to real rubgy or fotball (known as soccer to some rednecks), I see no reason to ban it.
    That being said, Minnesota Vikings rules!!!!! I watch every game live

I tried to avoid the obvious "liberals want to ban everything", hope I succeeded :x
    Last edited by Bakis; 2012-12-25 at 08:50 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a south park episode about this nonsense a while ago. Everyone should play Sarcastaball.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Blastit View Post
    Lets try and ban it so my liberal best friend who literally jerks off to victor cruz and the patriots can see what it's like to have something you like demonized and attempted to be banned.
    +10 trillion

I never got why people want to ban the stuff they don't like but they want to legalize the illegal stuff they do like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    +10 trillion

I never got why people want to ban the stuff they don't like but they want to legalize the illegal stuff they do like.
    Certain stuff like Weed and all that? :O

Yeah I don't like Football or sports but you do not see me calling for a ban on sports. No sir, the suggestion to do that is probably one of the most wasteful things to legislate or want to ban in the US. Seriously.....

There are MUCH MORE important things to worry about then...FOOTBALL.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    There was a south park episode about this nonsense a while ago. Everyone should play Sarcastaball.
    Yeah, I would want to watch that game 10 times. No, I will watch that game 12 times!