Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashkar View Post
    I'm very much liking this idea. A fallen or wounded titan being bound and harvested would be a wicked twist. I'm also interested in the implications of defeating him, his mere presence may be restraining the seventh major Sha.
    Ooooooh i like that idea.

What if it is a weakened/defeated Titan, who was thought to be killed and thus left on Azeroth. What if his existence is the only thing stopping the rebirth of Y'Shaarj?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    What about Ra-Den as seventh sha?
    Highly unlikely. So far we have Doubt, Fear, Anger.. as Sha. But Ra-Den is Keeper of the Storm.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by tethrius View Post
    I'm starting to think it might be a titan, or at least the remnants of one.
    I was looking through wowpedia to get some background info and found this info from the Weathered Journal (Shieldwall quest, which was brought in during 5.1, so it's as recent as possible). It's talking about the Divine Bell:

The star's fire could relate to titan machines, breath of darkest shadow is almost definately the sha, but what's most interesting to me is that they had access to the makers' flesh. I couldn't find who wrote the journal, so the makers' could really mean the mogu, the titans, or something else entirely, so this could just be a red herring... I haven't seen anything else referred to as the makers though...

So, if the Korune spellweavers had access to the makers' flesh, perhaps they do have an imprisoned titan
    I think it'd be safer to say he's a Watcher like Thorim and them and not a actual Titan. Now it just comes down to why the Mogu would imprison said Watcher.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2012-12-25 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Hardest boss ever. Probably only 50 people left playing have that.
    I have it on 3 alts. A ton of people went and did it at level 70. Yes it was hard still but when you took 40 70 in T5 it made the runs much easier. SO I am willing to bet there are a lot more than 50 left playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of an imprisoned titan construct being leeched of their power by the Thunder King. Maybe a construct of Golganneth "The Thunderer" left behind to watch over the Titan facilities later ransacked by the Mogu.
    Don't think a titan construct would really make sense given his little blurb in the encounters list though.

It would be a little disappointing for it to be another Mogu or Troll, after defeating supposedly the strongest of them.

Spirit(Similar to feng) of the thunder king's father that he kept locked in a hidden room to siphon power from.

Yeah it's probably just a pandaren Algalon.

Celestial mogu, just like Algalon was a celestial vrykul watching Ulduar. Since the journal mentions his fighting style, he may be the one responsible for that first pandaren monk that Cho mentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    I have it on 3 alts. A ton of people went and did it at level 70. Yes it was hard still but when you took 40 70 in T5 it made the runs much easier. SO I am willing to bet there are a lot more than 50 left playing.
    Or you could just go in and do Gothik the Harvester 10 man...

I like it
    Ra-den

Heroic Only - Ra-den is only available on Heroic difficulty.
    Shrouded in Mystery - There are no scholars with any recollection or record regarding the details of Ra-den's powers. Perhaps these memories have been obscured by the passage of time, or perhaps none who saw the Keeper of Storms in battle ever lived to speak of what they witnessed....

Similar to Ulduar, Throne of Thunder is a raid that is going to feature a final boss that is heroic only.

Huh? What?

10+ Year Old Account
    Keeper_of_the_Storms What if he is the same guy the Night Elves/Naga?

Quote Originally Posted by Dryade View Post
    Keeper_of_the_Storms What if he is the same guy the Night Elves/Naga?
    I strongly doubt that they take up such a footnote within the Lore and built it up to a Final Boss, considering that Keeper of the Grove have not much to do with Storm / Lightning, Mogu or Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Celestial mogu, just like Algalon was a celestial vrykul watching Ulduar. Since the journal mentions his fighting style, he may be the one responsible for that first pandaren monk that Cho mentions.
    Algalon was not watching Ulduar. Algalon was the result of us killing Loken. That sent a distress call to the Titans who sent Algalon to determine what the problem was. Algalon saw the Old Gods getting loose and was going to give the order to destroy Azeroth before we beat him to a pulp.

Deleted
    Well it is known that on Pandaria not only did the Titans completely killed off an Old God (Y'Shaarj) and thus releasing the Sha, but also that one Titan "fell".
    Now, if a Titan falls, it isn't exactly known if he dies, weakens, "deactivates" or becomes similar to Sargeras (he is the "fallen titan" after all). Although that last point of becoming like Sargeras isn't that plausible.

BUT, a fallen Titan could also mean that he is just really weakened, and thus could've been imprisoned, used and siphoned energy off of by the Mogu and the Thunder King himself.
    The creation of the Divine Bell "from maker's flesh, shaped by star's fury" etc. indicates the involvement of a real Titan and not just one of their creations. If the Mogu had indeed a fallen Titan imprisoned, then the Korune spellweavers who brought the bell to Lei Shen, could've experimented on the Titan and in the end being successful in creating a weapon off of it.
    With the involvement of the Sha it could also be, that the Titan "fell", because it was dominated by the seventh and last Sha, therefore needing to be imprisoned to stop wreaking havoc all across Pandaria. The Mogu found him and used him to fuel their own plans and to conquer all of Pandaria.

Now, when Lei Shen dies, and we venture into Ra-Den's prison, we free him, or at least free the seventh Sha in the process of putting an end to him. And we all can see now whom this last Sha would try to consume and take over, our beloved Son of Hellscream.
    He is after all trying to master the Sha and searching for new ways to do so after the Bell is now lying in pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakh View Post
    Well it is known that on Pandaria not only did the Titans completely killed off an Old God (Y'Shaarj) and thus releasing the Sha, but also that one Titan "fell".
    Now, if a Titan falls, it isn't exactly known if he dies, weakens, "deactivates" or becomes similar to Sargeras (he is the "fallen titan" after all). Although that last point of becoming like Sargeras isn't that plausible.

BUT, a fallen Titan could also mean that he is just really weakened, and thus could've been imprisoned, used and siphoned energy off of by the Mogu and the Thunder King himself.
    The creation of the Divine Bell "from maker's flesh, shaped by star's fury" etc. indicates the involvement of a real Titan and not just one of their creations. If the Mogu had indeed a fallen Titan imprisoned, then the Korune spellweavers who brought the bell to Lei Shen, could've experimented on the Titan and in the end being successful in creating a weapon off of it.
    With the involvement of the Sha it could also be, that the Titan "fell", because it was dominated by the seventh and last Sha, therefore needing to be imprisoned to stop wreaking havoc all across Pandaria. The Mogu found him and used him to fuel their own plans and to conquer all of Pandaria.

Now, when Lei Shen dies, and we venture into Ra-Den's prison, we free him, or at least free the seventh Sha in the process of putting an end to him. And we all can see now whom this last Sha would try to consume and take over, our beloved Son of Hellscream.
    He is after all trying to master the Sha and searching for new ways to do so after the Bell is now lying in pieces.
    Given the fact that the Titans are planet shapers, and Sargeras (the most powerful one) is pretty much said to be unbeatable by any mortal...
    Weakened seems more likely than corrupted.

Deleted
    Your speculations are based on Vale of Eternal Blossoms being a Titan experimentation plant. Now let me open your eyes to a new possibility with this Know Your Lore, Tinfoil Hat Edition, at wowinsider: http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/11/04/kn...ll-not-a-well/

The good stuff starts at "Wrathion's War".

Ra-Den is the long-lost Pandaren Thunder Spirit, who will drop a Pandaren Lightning Spirit Pet 100% of the time, 200% on 25-man. (Like the Mounts from Deathwing) This pet is BoP and cannot be caged, to annoy anyone that isn't in a great Raiding Guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Given the fact that the Titans are planet shapers, and Sargeras (the most powerful one) is pretty much said to be unbeatable by any mortal...
    Weakened seems more likely than corrupted.
    My theory kinda bases on the fact the it is indeed a weakened Titan, but because of this weakened state he was suscetible to the corruption of the Sha...as the Sha were created AFTER the Titan fell and Y'Shaarj was killed - they were the last breath of the Old God before it died off.

Quote Originally Posted by FunFarm View Post
    Your speculations are based on Vale of Eternal Blossoms being a Titan experimentation plant. Now let me open your eyes to a new possibility with this Know Your Lore, Tinfoil Hat Edition, at wowinsider: http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/11/04/kn...ll-not-a-well/

The good stuff starts at "Wrathion's War".

Ra-Den is the long-lost Pandaren Thunder Spirit, who will drop a Pandaren Lightning Spirit Pet 100% of the time, 200% on 25-man. (Like the Mounts from Deathwing) This pet is BoP and cannot be caged, to annoy anyone that isn't in a great Raiding Guild.
    It's been outright stated by Kosak that the Vale was similar to Un'goro and Sholazar.

Quote Originally Posted by Malakh View Post

I like this theory!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Ra-Den
    Raden
    Raiden
    Raidin
    Raiding

The last boss is the physical manifestation of raiding that's consumed so many hours of our lives.
    What is it going to attack us with? Nerfs and tears of impotence? Outcries of how unbalanced that game is and how lame dailies are? (see what I did there?)