Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzard what've you done

I really appreciated the game back in TBC but now i feel it's all about the money.

I may be wrong but the game has kind of lost it's spark. I understand this isn't great feedback but whatever i say you'll do nothing. Everything is so easy to do now, i could have no arms and i could still manage to travel across the entire map in under 2 minutes...no disrespect but its a joke!

I could say so much more but i choose not to! rant over!

I'm mostly disappointed with the destruction of server communities. It seems every change they make for the sake of convenience chips away at the ability to form communities with your server.

Deleted
    I'm 100% behind you mate. When i was talking about blizzard taking our money i was mainly talking about faction change, transferring, buying mounts from the shop and mainly the whole game in general.

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 02:34 AM ----------

if its not threadworthy...why comment? great feedback btw

Quote Originally Posted by kimjongheal View Post
    I'm 100% behind you mate. When i was talking about blizzard taking our money i was mainly talking about faction change, transferring, buying mounts from the shop and mainly the whole game in general.
    You mean optional services that have been around for years and years?
    Bit late to be complaining about those.

If you don't enjoy the game anymore, stop paying for it. Then they're no longer taking your money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really appreciated the game back in TBC but now i feel it's all about the money.

I may be wrong but the game has kind of lost it's spark. I understand this isn't great feedback but whatever i say you'll do nothing. Everything is so easy to do now, i could have no arms and i could still manage to travel across the entire map in under 2 minutes...no disrespect but its a joke!

You've been able to do that since flying mounts were introduced, which, if I recall, was in your precious BC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Did this seriously need its own thread?
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

I don't understand why people complain that Blizzard does things only for the monies.

Every single mmorpg and *gasp* even nearly every single business in the real world does things for monies.

Sure, it's great if you can create an awesome product AND get money, or get good feelies inside for doing something good AND get money, but money's the center of it all.

...FYI this game is their job, and what are jobs for?

???????

You seem like the sort of person who'd complain if you couldn't travel across the map in two minutes.
    Instead of ranting and being frustrated why don't you just turn the game off and after a few weeks you'll see whether or not you want to to return. I quit before Mists and returned for a couple of weeks when it was released but I haven't gone back and don't think I will because the game's lost the appeal to me, from when I used to be addicted playing hours, daily. I don't play it at all.

Ranting on forums and being more and more annoyed everytime you play isn't good for your health

p.s. more on point - Blizzard is a COMPANY/BUSINESS wanting to make MONEY. So yes of course the game is for them to make money. You think that the players are the reason they go to work? lol get real. They use some feedback to keep the game exciting and to progress and to keep us, the simpletons happy, but the big gear churning their bike is the $$.
    Last edited by Aryl; 2012-12-26 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    You've been able to do that since flying mounts were introduced, which, if I recall, was in your precious BC.
    You could do that in Vanilla with flight points.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

All video games are about money. Name a gaming company that isn't making games in order to make a profit. It no longer has its spark and is easy now? Maybe thats because your not a rookie anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    All video games are about money. Name a gaming company that isn't making games in order to make a profit. It no longer has its spark and is easy now? Maybe thats because your not a rookie anymore.
    Square-Enix. Look at FFXIV and how much that was totally not for money. Haha.

I feel that Blizzard but so much detail and love into WoW and TBC, but after that...they have to dish out so much to accommodate us. So many people complained how long it took to put up expansions and new everything, there isn't that love for it as much. As to were if there was time for detail and etc, it would very well feel like a Blizzard game. Trust me, I feel your pain too. Most people here have brown noses, and some are right, just stop paying and do something else. I've moved on. I love it, no more worrying about WoW. You can have love for the lore, the company, etc...but in the end, it's all a joke.

For me it feels like its not Blizzard thats making the choices for the game anymore, but rather the players that play it. We wanted a new Ulduar, we get one in 5.2. We wanted TBC 5-man difficulty back, we got it in Cata. We complained it was too hard, we got easier 5-mans in MoP. We wanted playable pandaren (apparently), and guess what, we get an entire expansion focussing on them.

What I loved in vanilla and TBC was that they went their own directions, where they were able to create their own unique storylines, zones and characters. We fought the minions of Ragnaros, who was an entirely new and awesome character. We got introduced to the first Old God C'thung, we got to see Kel'Thuzad back with the might of the Scourge that we loved from WC3. These days, its not the same with all the new bosses they give us. Maybe I just played WoW for too long.

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 02:34 AM ----------

if its not threadworthy...why comment? great feedback btw
    Sir, would you prefer they didn't allow paid faction and server changes? As I recall that came as a request of the player base, so what you are doing is arguing against your fellow gamers. So you are against buying mounts in the blizzard store, easy solution, dont buy them, plenty of mounts in game you can get, you are under no obligation to buy the store mounts. And Finally, if you are unhappy with the current state of the game and long passionately for the days of BC and want Wow to go back to that, then I'm going to encourage you to get to work on that time machine, because Blizzard isn't going to regress to satisfy you.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I may be wrong
    yes, you are.

1 - the game was always about money. people don't make games for free.
    2 - the game didn't lose it's spark. you just grew tired of it for playing the same game for years.
    3 - traveling the map was never hard.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

And an expansion about the most famous Demon Hunter leading a demonic army in order to turn the population of the entire "planet" into his slaves didn't seem like something pulled out of their [adhesive medical strips]. Right.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Oh no, some random person dislikes the current state of this game...I must now quit and turn completely on it as well. Expect to see me making many a thread where I, desperate for attention, point out that I dislike this game now and that Blizzard are crooks in the future.

Not really...I'm my own person, I enjoy this game tons and tons and it's been that way for 4 years now.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2012-12-26 at 03:00 AM.

I have to agree with you. However, there are a lot of points in what we can debate on which have done wonders and hurt the game and its very subjective.

However, one thing and most on here can't really back up is the complete and utter destruction of realm communities. It probably didn't exist in the big PVE realms, but the mid size RP-PVP and on most RP realms, we really had a sense of belonging and community. I mean everybody kept complaining of lack of world PVP, but on our realm - Emerald Dream we never had any shortage of world PVP. It only required someone to start something and it would blow to full scale WPVP - guilds vs guilds.

Too bad the CRZ completely screwed it. I mean even Goldshire was fun to hang around at. Now I have people from other realms that speak spanish and Portuguese and some other language.

I think the last two expansions have certainly showed that Blizz is only in it for the money atleast ever since Ghostcrawler has joined the team. I mean some of the steps and things he has introduced is pretty retarded. Guy looks like a freaking retard in his pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbreaker View Post
    ...but in the end, it's all a joke.

Um...how? How is it a joke? It's there and if one enjoys it and the game, then there's no "joke" to be had...

Sheesh, emo people these days..."I grew tired of a game, I now hate it and life..."