Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by agli View Post
    Your UI! I MUST have it! what is that chat mod?
    Phanx Chat

Source: Care and I are like brothers from another mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Cark View Post
    Phanx Chat

Source: Care and I are like brothers from another mother.
    Thank you!! Going to be building a new UI tomorrow, unless your brother from another mother will post a .zip/rar

Deleted
    Two questions:
    1. Where is your actionbars? I can imagine they are 100% faded/hidden, but isn't it difficult remembering all your keybindings and checking your rotation using forteexorcist as your only "guideline"?
    2. Can you post your Damagefont / battletext code? And in that case, what addon is it? Just Miks or something more fancy?:-)

In advance, thanks a lot!
    Dearest regards,
    Secret fan

PS: Couldn't quote 'cause I never-ever post on MMO - primarily use EJ for submitting bullcrap, but I must know your UI secrets! ;-)
    PPS: this is for the user "Carebear"

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunkephar View Post
    Two questions:
    1. Where is your actionbars? I can imagine they are 100% faded/hidden, but isn't it difficult remembering all your keybindings and checking your rotation using forteexorcist as your only "guideline"?
    2. Can you post your Damagefont / battletext code? And in that case, what addon is it? Just Miks or something more fancy?:-)

Dearest regards,
    Secret fan

PS: Couldn't quote 'cause I never-ever post on MMO - primarily use EJ for submitting bullcrap, but I must know your UI secrets! ;-)
    I'm not Care but can answer.

1. Actionbars are hidden, remembering keybinds isn't hard due to muscle memory. Takes a few days at most. I can't speak for Care, but when I rebind everything I play with actionbars shown for a few days to familiarize myself with them.

2. Combat text is most likely xCT+, or MSBT. xCT+ looks like that out of the box, but MSBT can look like that easily.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post

1. Actionbars are hidden, remembering keybinds isn't hard due to muscle memory. Takes a few days at most. I can't speak for Care, but when I rebind everything I play with actionbars shown for a few days to familiarize myself with them.

2. Combat text is most likely xCT+, or MSBT. xCT+ looks like that out of the box, but MSBT can look like that easily.
    Greatly appreciated, helped alot!
    Thanks!

Greatly appreciated, helped alot!
    Thanks!
    99% sure he is using the original xCT and not xCT+.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Two questions:

Dearest regards,
    Secret fan

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    99% sure he is using the original xCT and not xCT+.
    Yeah I'm using the standard xCT from RothUI (Diablo). As for the keybindings you pretty much hit the nail on the head, playing this game for 7 years and other MMOs for longer you get used to not having to look at what you're pressing and where your buttons/spells are.

Quote Originally Posted by kouby View Post
    My UI in action on Feng.
    Any chance at a download? I'm really intrigued about your UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyon View Post
    which addon u use for healers mana bars?
    tnx
    It's just another panel made with Vuhdo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    As for the keybindings you pretty much hit the nail on the head, playing this game for 7 years and other MMOs for longer you get used to not having to look at what you're pressing and where your buttons/spells are.
    For me the best way to learn my keybindings is to set them all up and then hide them. Then you get used to them being hidden and instead learn how to do things from memory rather than by checking every so often. It's extremely inefficient the first time you try to do anything with these new bindings but it's a good way to ensure you learn them rather than just looking!

For me the best way to learn my keybindings is to set them all up and then hide them. Then you get used to them being hidden and instead learn how to do things from memory rather than by checking every so often. It's extremely inefficient the first time you try to do anything with these new bindings but it's a good way to ensure you learn them rather than just looking!
    for your main spells its easy enough, for cds and spells with like a 10sec+ cd, you should use Weak Auras or a CD timer, it helps alot, i have a few buttons on show to see the "situational" stuff like nitro boosts, ive moved away from having everthing visible, makes my ui look a bit clunky otherwise

Edit: How my UI looks now; Drayarr UI!
    Edit2: Care, would you mind posting your xCT config?
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2012-12-27 at 07:57 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Care, would you mind posting your xCT config?
    Here you go! http://pastebin.com/dAL14yDf

A little off-topic buut! Anybody have a suggestion for an EU server alliance side? Looking to transfer with my girlfriend but I have no idea where to go, PM me any suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Here you go! http://pastebin.com/dAL14yDf

A little off-topic buut! Anybody have a suggestion for an EU server alliance side? Looking to transfer with my girlfriend but I have no idea where to go, PM me any suggestions
    Thanks for that.
    Offtopic: depends what you want for pve I'd probably go to silvermoon.....wait what... You have a girlfriend!!!?!!?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shiq View Post
    Far from perfect.
    But good enough that i slack around with finishing it.

I would change the style of PowerAuras/WeakAuras by using Clean Icons, this would look much better then the default blizzard borders around the icons.

Testing sexycooldown addon, i like the look but it looks messy when lots of cd's are up with overlapping.. need to try it some more to see if it's a keeper!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    Testing sexycooldown addon, i like the look but it looks messy when lots of cd's are up with overlapping.. need to try it some more to see if it's a keeper!
    Your UI is just awesome! Even sexycooldown (which usually is an eyesore) looks really good there.
    Would you mind sharing it with a fellow pally? :P

Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post

That's a really awesome looking UI. I love everything about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Thanks for that.
    Offtopic: depends what you want for pve I'd probably go to silvermoon.....wait what... You have a girlfriend!!!?!!?!!!
    More to the point, he forgot to mention the fact that he's transferring with me, not his girlfriend. His girlfriend hasn't even got a leveled character yet, ITS ALL ABOUT ME DAMNIT

More to the point, he forgot to mention the fact that he's transferring with me, not his girlfriend. His girlfriend hasn't even got a leveled character yet, ITS ALL ABOUT ME DAMNIT
    Haha, care isn't here to deny it, I'd be tempted to roll something on a new realm for the lolz
    Ontopic: xCT looks awesome ty for your config, if I can find £9 before Sunday I will post a raid shot

My UI. Pretty much standard Elvui with powerauras and Forte to track my procs, since they're the most important part of my spec.