Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakh View Post
    Well it is known that on Pandaria not only did the Titans completely killed off an Old God (Y'Shaarj) and thus releasing the Sha, but also that one Titan "fell".
    Now, if a Titan falls, it isn't exactly known if he dies, weakens, "deactivates" or becomes similar to Sargeras (he is the "fallen titan" after all). Although that last point of becoming like Sargeras isn't that plausible.

BUT, a fallen Titan could also mean that he is just really weakened, and thus could've been imprisoned, used and siphoned energy off of by the Mogu and the Thunder King himself.
    The creation of the Divine Bell "from maker's flesh, shaped by star's fury" etc. indicates the involvement of a real Titan and not just one of their creations. If the Mogu had indeed a fallen Titan imprisoned, then the Korune spellweavers who brought the bell to Lei Shen, could've experimented on the Titan and in the end being successful in creating a weapon off of it.
    With the involvement of the Sha it could also be, that the Titan "fell", because it was dominated by the seventh and last Sha, therefore needing to be imprisoned to stop wreaking havoc all across Pandaria. The Mogu found him and used him to fuel their own plans and to conquer all of Pandaria.

Now, when Lei Shen dies, and we venture into Ra-Den's prison, we free him, or at least free the seventh Sha in the process of putting an end to him. And we all can see now whom this last Sha would try to consume and take over, our beloved Son of Hellscream.
    He is after all trying to master the Sha and searching for new ways to do so after the Bell is now lying in pieces.
    Going off this theory, what if the Ra-den is Amun'Thul?

Perhaps he "fell" or was weakened, and he was taken captive by Lei Shen. The Thunder King could be siphoning Aman'Thul's power for himself which would explain the whole thunder/lightning theme. It would also explain the Bell's existence.

Ra-den could just be the Mogu's name for him since they probably wouldn't know his real one.

Interesting theory nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    Huh? What?
    Algalon was technically the final boss of Ulduar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Throne of Thunder
    Ra-den
    • Heroic Only - Ra-den is only available on Heroic difficulty.
    • Shrouded in Mystery - There are no scholars with any recollection or record regarding the details of Ra-den's powers. Perhaps these memories have been obscured by the passage of time, or perhaps none who saw the Keeper of Storms in battle ever lived to speak of what they witnessed....
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakh View Post
    My theory kinda bases on the fact the it is indeed a weakened Titan, but because of this weakened state he was suscetible to the corruption of the Sha...as the Sha were created AFTER the Titan fell and Y'Shaarj was killed - they were the last breath of the Old God before it died off.
    Well we now know that Ra-Den is a Keeper which means he/she is a creation of the Titans, also known as a Watcher. Why he/she is sitting under the Mogu's palace is the question now. We assume he/she is imprisoned but based on the description he/she might not be down there against his/her will.

I'll admit at this point where the Mogu came from is pretty inconsequential. I just hoped Blizz would come up with a better origin for them than "an ancient race that wandered into the vale and found some titan stuff ASIAN ORCS oh btw you've never heard of them but they've always existed the trolls just didn't mention them"

10+ Year Old Account

maybe it looks like this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeasacar View Post
    Well we now know that Ra-Den is a Keeper which means he/she is a creation of the Titans, also known as a Watcher. Why he/she is sitting under the Mogu's palace is the question now. We assume he/she is imprisoned but based on the description he/she might not be down there against his/her will.

I'll admit at this point where the Mogu came from is pretty inconsequential. I just hoped Blizz would come up with a better origin for them than "an ancient race that wandered into the vale and found some titan stuff ASIAN ORCS oh btw you've never heard of them but they've always existed the trolls just didn't mention them"
    I'll just leave this here: http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=8...f-the-mogu-nyi. It seems that in patch 5.2 we will discover "dark origins" of the Mogu.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    And much like Algalon, we know next to nothing about Ra-Den, the new heroic-only boss available after only defeating Lei Shen on heroic.

He is referred to as the Keeper of Storms, and that none have seen him in battle.
    Wait, I have. I played lots of Mortal Kombat in my teenager years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryade View Post
    Keeper_of_the_Storms What if he is the same guy the Night Elves/Naga?
    That would definitely be an interesting development... It could also tie together the Troll/Night Elf story too.

I strongly doubt that they take up such a footnote within the Lore and built it up to a Final Boss, considering that Keeper of the Grove have not much to do with Storm / Lightning, Mogu or Pandaria.
    It's not any Keeper of the Grove. It's something far more powerful. Maybe Cenarius had a brother he never mentioned? He seemed to keep his mouth shut to the Kal'dorei about their origins, especially with how little they think of Trolls, but apparently happily spilled the beans to a nosey dwarf. There's a lot of potential for this route imo.

I still think a true Titan is more likely

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope its watcher Tyr

although unlikely

I do think it will be some titan construct

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I hope its watcher Tyr

although unlikely

Ra-Den just doesn't seem like a name for a construct.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Ra-Den just doesn't seem like a name for a construct.
    I agree with you, I think its the Spirit of Air and brother of Lei Shi.

10+ Year Old Account
    well so far each construct has been based on a gods name

rajin is a god of thunder

ra den

there for a titan construct name

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I hope its watcher Tyr

although unlikely

Didn't blizz come out and say that Vesex was actually a corrupted Tyr?

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Didn't blizz come out and say that Vesex was actually a corrupted Tyr?
    No they actually said the opposite: Tyr wasn't in Northrend or really the Storm Peaks when Yogg Saron's corruption took over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    No they actually said the opposite: Tyr wasn't in Northrend or really the Storm Peaks when Yogg Saron's corruption took over.
    Ah ok. I went and looked things up, apparently somebody hinted that may be the case, but then blizz later said it wasn't. My mistake.

Deleted
    I cant belive no 1 has put 1+1 together

With all the hints and gimicks it the game like Xuen the spirit of the White Tiger says "Test your might" mortal Kombat Reference along with fighters in the game alredy but had names cleverly switched about this to me says yet another reference to the game Ra-den=Raiden GOD of Thunder.

wikipedia.org/wiki/Raiden_(Mortal_Kombat)[/url]

Makes sense no?

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel-xeioin View Post
    -Snip-
    If you actually took the time to read any number of posts in this thread you would have known people have been posting this every single thread. Quite a number of people have "linked" it to Raiden.

Is this really what forum posts gone down to? Repeat shit?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Taken from /r/wow...

Raiden/Raijin is the god of thunder in Japanese mythology, so looking at what Blizzard has done with the titan watchers (naming them after Norse mythology gods, mind you, but still gods) I would guess that Ra-den too would be a titan construct/watcher-thing of some sort. This would also help explain how the Mogu got a hold of so many titan artifacts.
    The big question with this theory is which side is he on? Is he corrupted or enslaved by the Mogu, or does he willingly assist them/they serve under him? The second theory would be interesting, because as the Klaxxi have said (when you reach exalted with them) that the titans, 'our gods', are not really our gods but instead possibly implying that the old gods are. It would be interesting to see Blizzard go further with that. Again, all speculation - Can't wait for 5.2 to come out!
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    I'll just leave this here: http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=8...f-the-mogu-nyi. It seems that in patch 5.2 we will discover "dark origins" of the Mogu.
    Dark origins eh? Perhaps they were placed on Azeroth by Sargeras to secure the vale and it's magical waters which he is suspected to be interested in, just like he did with the well of eternity and Azshara.

Dark origins eh? Perhaps they were placed on Azeroth by Sargeras to secure the vale and it's magical waters which he is suspected to be interested in, just like he did with the well of eternity and Azshara.
    And that's why they share a model with Draenei, because they are actually part Erader.

Or maybe something else we have past experience with is why they came to be.