Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hunter Tier 15 and Season 13 Preview, Blue Posts, Blue Tweets, Winter Veil Wallpaper

Archon Guide for Solo Farming, DiabloFans - "Holiday in Sanctuary" Giveaway!, Heart of the Swarm Beta Key Giveaway

Hunter Tier 15 and Season 13 Armor Sets Preview
    Keep in mind that this is just a preview and the final sets may be different!

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Mailing Heirlooms to Other Realms
    Ok so hierlooms(think thats how you spell it)can not be sent to other servers now the idea behinde these is to help people lv new chars faster right so why cant you send these to other realms,seriously blizz most ppl would like to be able to send them to other realms.This is a small issue that would make a massive difference to alot of people
    So, in case we can put this topic to rest...

Regarding the ability to send heirlooms cross-realms, please be aware that it's highly unlikely it'll be implemented during Mists of Pandaria as there're numerous technical hurdles that need to be overcome first in order to happen. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Brawler's Guild Cooldowns
    We are happy with the way cooldowns currently work for abilities in the Brawler’s Guild. Most of them should reset by the time the next fight begins (Yes, not all do but most fall into this category). Right now we don’t want to expand what types of content are given the free temporary respec and cooldown resets. Adding these to an element of PvE might lead to a slippery slope.

Um, most 5+ minute cooldowns as well as all battle rez's reset after a raid boss dies or wipes you, as well as killing a boss clearing sated. Its already in PvE. And frankly for a good reason, sitting around waiting for cooldowns isn't fun nor does it add anything
    With short queues, it's understandable that this can be frustrating. As it populates though, you shouldn't really notice it. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

No Dec 25th Maintenance
    Right now there are no plans for maintenance tomorrow. Obviously if something comes up, that could change. If that happens, we'll post something here on the forums. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    Players quick to assume balance drives class %s. After looking at 8 years of data, we don't think it's a major factor. (Source)

One of the reasons they have a hard time being objective is that switching costs to another class are very high.
    Agree that switching to a new class is tough. Swapping specs is less so and IMO players often overestimate the need to. (Source)

You mentioned in the recent pod cast that There are more ret pallies than rogues. Does that mean Rogue buffs or Ret nerfs?
    We think kit, fun, visuals, doing something special and flexibility are probably bigger drivers. (Source)
    Then what does your data say about the Lock, Mage, War population right now?
    None have changed appreciably since MoP launch. (Source)

i just want to let you know that i stopped playing wow from now because frost dk are op
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to be fair that's not one I hear a lot lately. (Source)

Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Hey GC, is the Blood DK Tier 14 4 Piece bonus not supposed to boost blood shield, or is that a bug? Thanks.
    It is intended to (in this case, not for every +heal). Should have been fixed in 5.1. (Source)

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    You say you want talent options for PvP, yet every Hunter has Silencing Shot, Blink Strike, and Glaive Toss.
    Silencing is too good vs. the alternatives. The Glaive Toss problem is that Power Shot isn't reliable enough. Can fix both. (Source)

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    How you feel about firemages losing there raid spots after recent hotfixes
    Haven't seen it happen. Some mages are able to try Arcane and Frost now though. (Source)

You said "come back in a week and we will see how mages are", and yes, firemages are bottom :P
    Not seeing Fire on bottom. Happy where Fire is so far. Many mages trying Arcane and Frost, skewing results of sites like raidbots. (Source)
    10 man normal: 45,366 parses for Fire, 12,702 for Arcane, 9,776 for Frost. 22,478 are the only good mages?
    That's size not bias. Bias is Frost jumping 10K or whatever with no buffs. That means the # for Frost before was not accurate. (Source)

Tweetered you a few days ago, (not nagging but...) please take another look at combustion, it's hardly worth casting anymore.
    Off the GCD + free damage... hmmm. (Source)

change to onuse trinket CD will allow mages with 2 on use trinkets to have 1 available for every single deep freeze. intended?
    Smaller burst every 30s is easier to survive than a larger burst every 60s. Humans have to give up the not-nerfed proc trinket. (Source)
    honestly think mages would be fine if you got rid of the glyph that let them explode their own frost bombs
    Yeah, also on the list. Risk might be that Frost Bomb never does damage. (Source)
    BTW, why does Frost Bomb have special dispel rules, when other class DoTs such as Devouring Plague do not? Hypocrisy.
    Having variety in spells isn't the typical definition of hypocrisy. (Source)

After almost a full weeks raiding do you feel fire mage damage is where it should be or have they been hit a bit too hard?
    We're happy with it at the high end. Looking to make sure less geared Fire mages didn't drop too much. (Source)

This week (since the hotfix) fire has twice as many parses than Frost and Arcane combined, how would that skew the results?
    Look at Arcane's curve leap skyward. Now considered they were not buffed. (Source)
    Your reply implies that min/max moved to Arcane. Those outliers alone don't explain why median numbers for Fire fell so much.
    We def nerfed Fire. That was the intent. Just trying to explain that 22nd out of 24 is hyperbole or not reading data well. (Source)
    Does this look like hyperbole to you? http://t.co/35U5jM2Hhttp://t.co/x8H5mwTtNotice the sudden dropoff dec 4
    Change that chart to just Fire and Frost. (Source)
    Why not be transparent and make a reporting site w/ your data? Arguments can actually be solved with fact
    Data isn't the problem. Raidbots, World of Logs etc have tons. Analysis is the challenge. (Source)
    Do you know what "median" means?
    Yes. I also know what sampling bias means. (Source)
    thus ANY change on RaidBots is exaggerated due to sampling bias and not always reflective of expected performance
    Yes. It doesn't mean the data are useless. It just means you need to be careful. Raidbots site even states that down below. (Source)

Arcane received a buff (Mana cost reduction and boost to damage per stack) Made haste>mastery until high iLevel
    That was in 5.1. Arcane jumped since the Fire nerf. (Source)

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    I enjoy being kiled in 2 sec on my ret paladin,ty for the nerfs they were needed, rets was completely out of control in pvp...
    You probably lost 20% max on heals. Was that really what was keeping you alive? (Source)

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Divine Star seems to be an unpopular talent for priests, maybe you should change the mechanic in a way starfall works
    We buffed it recently. Want to see what players do with the new numbers. (Source)

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    why did you guys remove cataclysm warlock spell since its a good utility, not OP and on top its a dps loss...just curious
    It wasn't actually good utility. Melee just stepped away from it until the effect ended. Maybe useful in PvE, but wasn't the goal. (Source)

with the "bring the player, not the class" standing why are warlocks still the only class with health stones? Thanks.
    We don't think there is much risk of locks being mandatory just for stones. Some differences are good for the game. (Source)

I did 10 million less damage this week on H Will from chaos wave. Is there anything to compensate this nerf for PVE?
    Just curious - why didn't you use Hand of Gul'dan in those instances? (Source)

Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Charge has 2 charges, only the 1st one seems to grant 20 rage. Nothing about it in the tooltip. Intended ?
    Yes. We wanted the talent to be about movement not rage gain. (Source)

Reputation / Questing
    ~ Even putting some gear for gold on Honored and Revered would be fine with most people, I believe.
    We moved some pieces down quickly after launch. Would have been interesting to see if response if we had done more. (Source)

do you like heirlooms or were they something that was necessary?
    We think heirlooms are fun. We don't think they are the only solution to leveling subsequent characters more quickly. (Source)

Can we get a little star on the Reputations tab beside Reputations that have been boosted with Grand Commendations?
    We want to do something like that. (Source)

you keep saying that the old way to gain rep is gone most likely forever. Are we going to see meaningful rep gains anywhere?
    Yes, it's possible we will experiment with some - just not chain running dungeons to be done in a day or two. (Source)

is there any point in forcing people to be revered with golden lotus to do shado pan dailies?
    Didn't want fresh 90s to have to do GL and K and AC and SP and go crazy, then finish in a month and have nothing to do. (Source)

Do you want people to be entertained or do you want people to grind? For many the two are mutually exclusive.
    Big challenge to MMO dev: players say they want quality but may also unsubscribe if they don't have enough quantity. (Source)

Hey Greg, what about brining back tabards, and have all the rep you gain from any/all dailies go towards said faction.
    What's the goal there? Just speeding rep up or letting you skip quests you don't like? (Source)

The Daily Blink Winter Veil Wallpaper
    The Daily Blink met their donation target early and released the Winter Veil Wallpaper for all!

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Sigh. Someday. Instead of implementing the cross realm shit they should of been working on this.
    Did you not read him? There is obvious problems with them making cross-realm heirlooms that won't be solved with more people.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Gotta love how that "hapy holidays everyone" picture is missing druid

15+ Year Old Account
    Why did the rogue have to be Peppermint Patty? -_________-

Quote Originally Posted by Ohforfsake View Post
    I thought Snoopy was the druid.

Heirloom solution. Have two vendors. One vendor has heirlooms for their typical currency price. Upon buying the heirloom and comfirmation to bind-to-account, an achievement is unlocked (No refunding of currency used). Second vendor simply requires the achievement to buy the heirloom. Bam, cross-realm heirlooms. Right?

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty good idea medievalman1.

the daily blink image is pretty good too! lol

Nyet, Snoopy is a Druid there :P

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 12:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Heirloom solution. Have two vendors. One vendor has heirlooms for their typical currency price. Upon buying the heirloom and comfirmation to bind-to-account, an achievement is unlocked (No refunding of currency used). Second vendor simply requires the achievement to buy the heirloom. Bam, cross-realm heirlooms. Right?
    It's a hell of an idea, the thing is they don't think like that :/

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Check out Snoopy on top of the house (Top right corner)

Snoopy is the druid. Hes missing in the thumbnail because it got cropped. And why the little kid is the hunter. ¬¬

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Your solution doesn't allow me to mail an heirloom from char A on server B to char C on server D. It just allows me to buy another copy of the heirloom with a second set of currency on another server. Currency (like JP) which I can't get, because I'm level 1.

Moving items between servers (and the back-end support tools for dealing with allowing users to do that) is probably more work than you think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtside View Post
    Your solution doesn't allow me to mail an heirloom from char A on server B to char C on server D. It just allows me to buy another copy of the heirloom with a second set of currency on another server. Currency (like JP) which I can't get, because I'm level 1.

Moving items between servers (and the back-end support tools for dealing with allowing users to do that) is probably more work than you think it is.
    Perhaps I wasn't clear. Once the first copy of the heirloom is bought from vendor A, the only thing required from vendor B is to simply have the achievement, at no cost to buy, or if it needs to cost something, 1c.

Deleted
    @ Medievalman1 :
    I don't know if it was you in the past too, but someone mentioned something about vendors for heirlooms also, quite some time ago , not sure if it was exactly like you explained now. Anyway , i also remember around that time a blue post that said something like : heirlooms passed through verdors sounded tacky to them. What they want to do is make them like Titles are now for characters, so maybe not even something that would clutter up your bank or bags but just be there and click whatever you wanted from that list of yours , to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Where did I say get more people? I said instead of working on cross realm, those people should have been working on this.
    You just said it again. Having those working on cross-realm heirlooms would be more people.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

So they can make Cross Realm Zones they can make Real ID work crossrealm, but sending an item has "numerous technical hurdles" what is that bullshit, either say you don't want it to happen or make an excuse that's actually true.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Did you not read him? There is obvious problems with them making cross-realm heirlooms that won't be solved with more people.
    Yeah the same "technical issues" they've been talking about for 3 years.

What that really means is "our technical issues with heirlooms will be magically solved once we see not enough people buying server xfers"

Im bummed out about not being able to mail heirlooms xserver

Also i gotta say i love the season 13 hunter set

and i fucking love that peanuts wall paper with charlie brown and gang dressed up as wow classes

Mages sure do bitch a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Andelormon View Post
    Mages sure do bitch a lot.
    Mage tears...magically delicious!

RE: Mailing Heirlooms to Other Realms
    Regarding the ability to send heirlooms cross-realms, please be aware that it's highly unlikely it'll be implemented during Mists of Pandaria as there're numerous technical hurdles that need to be overcome first in order to happen.

After 3 expansions of getting this excuse I'm reading this as: Paid server transfers generate so much revenue that we're not going to make it easier for our customers to just get by on their measly $15/month sub.