Installing Thermaltake Frio

Hey guys! I just got my first build in, and everything was going smoothly until I tried to install the heatsink. Everything seemed to be alright, but none of the brackets will fit the holes on my p8z77-v. I've tried all 3 of the included brackets, but the 1156 bracket is slightly too small, and the others too large. If it helps, the stock heatsink fits on the mobo fine.

if anybody has any help, it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though it doesn't say it's for 1155 I read people do use it for z77 boards so as long as nothing on the motherboard is blocking it from lining up correctly, I don't really know. The 1156 bracket is the one that's supposed to work.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Just wanted to let you guys know that the 1156 bracket ended up working, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Even though it doesn't say it's for 1155 I read people do use it for z77 boards

1155 and 1156 are same mounting sizes, but 1156 mainboards have an integrated backplate - which is why some mounting hardwares (e.g. Noctua) differentiate the two; typically by giving you more space from the mobo to clear that cpu socket backplate.