Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Answers in Blue Tweets being arrogant

Am I the only one who thinks GC is being WAY TO ARROGANT when answering tweets? He never really answers the questions either.
    I mean, this is the lead designer of the game, and as we know, hes not doing a very good job. He could be polite atleast.
    A few examples, and thats only from the last ones:

Q: Tweetered you a few days ago, (not nagging but...) please take another look at combustion, it's hardly worth casting anymore.
    A: Off the GCD + free damage... hmmm.

Q: I enjoy being kiled in 2 sec on my ret paladin,ty for the nerfs they were needed, rets was completely out of control in pvp...
    A: You probably lost 20% max on heals. Was that really what was keeping you alive?

Q: I did 10 million less damage this week on H Will from chaos wave. Is there anything to compensate this nerf for PVE?
    A: Just curious - why didn't you use Hand of Gul'dan in those instances?

Q: Would it be possible to see a class balance Q&A soon, kind of like you guys did in Cataclysm?
    A: You mean with user questions like the Cover it Live or Reddit we did? Would be fun.

Q: Random chance at PvP rewards when winning arena matches/BGs (maybe scaled based on MMR) could be interesting.
    A: Yeah, would just need to avoid making botting more attractive.

One of my favorites:

Q: Burst in pvp was stupid, 5.1 added more pvp power but not extra resil. Please do us all a favor and quit your job, ty.
    A: You guys would just beat on whoever replaced me until someone said: Things were better in the GC era.

Deleted
    No, I think it's just you.

I also like your favourite quote, because he's completely right. That's what people would say.

How is that arrogant may I ask? stupid people asking stupid questions get stupid replies from the way I see it.

Opinions, opinions, opinions.

Considering the amount of dickheads he has to listen to on a daily basis, I'd probably answer somewhat similar.

IMO GC shouldn't even answer to some jerks, while some might have valid points, some others are just angry kids raging cuz they touched his class.

Most of those questions seem to deserve it. I find it amusing that you're worried about him being short with people in a format designed to be.... short. Also, I'm curious as to what is the 'acceptable arrogance level'.

Is there not a maximum amount of characters you can use on Twitter? Ontop of that He's probably typing it from his Phone and when he is not sitting behind his pc, so maybe on the move to the toilet. And to be honest for me those replies are not that insulting more funny, He is just giving very direct answers to the question asked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if those tweets asked in a decent way he would answer more politely? (I know some were polite, but let's be honest, most of those were just whining)

Deleted
    Q: Would it be possible to see a class balance Q&A soon, kind of like you guys did in Cataclysm?
    A: You mean with user questions like the Cover it Live or Reddit we did? Would be fun.

Q: Random chance at PvP rewards when winning arena matches/BGs (maybe scaled based on MMR) could be interesting.
    A: Yeah, would just need to avoid making botting more attractive.

What is arrogant about those? To be honest, his answers are spot on and its nice to see his non professional opinion (if you see what I mean).

good replies imo.
    i am happy and grateful that the devs take time to read and respond to our tweets.

Feels like most people are "touchy-feely-self-rightous-think-they-are-entitled-douchbags" :P

You jest for sure...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    Q: Burst in pvp was stupid, 5.1 added more pvp power but not extra resil. Please do us all a favor and quit your job, ty.
    A: You guys would just beat on whoever replaced me until someone said: Things were better in the GC era.
    ^this one is full of win, and he is absolutely right. whiners always whine.

People really don't remember how poor balance was before GC joined, I guess they came in Wrath or thought he'd been here since Vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Bwahahaha this is hilarious... and soo true.

@OP: GC isn't arrogant in the slightest. Proving someone wrong/exposing that he is talking BS != arrogance. His posts are polite and down to the point. (He has to, with Twitter-char limits)

I very much like Mr. Street.

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks GC is being WAY TO ARROGANT when answering tweets? He never really answers the questions either.
    I mean, this is the lead designer of the game, and as we know, hes not doing a very good job. He could be polite atleast.
    *snip*
    I think they do more damage answering questions than they do if they just ignore them. Their community relations hurt them more than help imo. They are one of the reasons I don't give Blizzard my $$.

I see arrogance being replied with arrogance.

In my opinion, the real error is having Twitter as channel. What do you expect in 140 characters?
    Everything will sound pompous, because the posts all look like people doesn't value others to lose much time writing. When it's not what's really happening.

Anyone claiming he isn't arrogant is either not reading the tweets or lying. Yea he is arrogant, and uses the religion defence for pretty much everything. Is he way to arrogant? No, because if he was he would be reprimanded by Blizzard and forced to stop doing it.
    It's something you have to deal with, if you want to be part of the twitter feedback expect snarky comments based on fantasy.

Deleted
    I don't see how any of those are arrogant, honestly o.O in most of those cases he's actually answering what the person has asked. Especially:

I agree with other posters though.. imagine having to deal with a bunch of dicks every day, complaining about every aspect of what you do, and god forbid you make a change that would benefit class balance but is a nerf to some classes (dps healing, for example). You'd feel like you couldn't do anything right. Props to GC for dealing with that shit, cause I know I wouldn't want to.