Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    Anyone with some experience with the uncapper could help me? I've never used it before and and I'm having trouble getting it to work, especialy with T3ndr0s' skyrim redone. More specificaly I'm trying to make all the non-combat skills like Wayfarer not give any xp.
    it's explained thoroughly and there is nothing anyone can say to help you if that explanation doesn't help. go to the ini and read around. if you can't figure it out still i'd honestly leave it alone because you'll just fuck it up anyway

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    it's explained thoroughly and there is nothing anyone can say to help you if that explanation doesn't help. go to the ini and read around. if you can't figure it out still i'd honestly leave it alone because you'll just fuck it up anyway
    I got it working I just don't know wich skill to tweak since Wayfarer and Fingersmith aren't in the ini...

Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    I got it working I just don't know wich skill to tweak since Wayfarer and Fingersmith aren't in the ini...
    Wayfarer took Lockpicking's spot, and Fingersmith took Pickpocket's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    Wayfarer took Lockpicking's spot, and Fingersmith took Pickpocket's.

Ah thank you. I realy don't want to level up just by walking around.

t3nd0 is pretty good about explaining all the stuff about the perk tree changes. since you can't add/remove trees you have to convert of course

if you will go to the nexus download page, comments section then click the "view forum thread" at the top right beside "add comment" then you can search the 15,000 posts or whatever efficiently. that's the easiest way to find anything on nexus

wayfarer is about exploration though. removing the ability for it to reward you for exploring kind of goes against the point of the tree. you may be happier using ACE or any of the other overhaul mods. ACE is modular and while i like skyre more, there was nothing bad about ACE

Deleted
    Yea I've seen ACE just haven't checked it before. But my main problem with wayfarer is that leveling it up doesn't actualy help you fight. I'm already having problems with wolfs that 3 shot me as a caster at the start and are fast enough to make the 2 destruction spells you start with pretty unusable, I'd have an easier time melee'ing them down. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh. I forgot how much I -despise- mages. Went into a roomful of them and getting creamed by ONE mage - Storm Wizard. Zap, zap, dead. I coat my weapon with a "-100% magicka regeneration" poison that I found, and he still merrily zapping my follower before she even got near him. I get zapped twice and that's it.

Would welcome any non-cheating way for a aspiring weaponmaster character (warrior - no magic/enchanting) beat that bloody jarhead (rest are all dead after an hour of trying out strategies).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Ugh. I forgot how much I -despise- mages. Went into a roomful of them and getting creamed by ONE mage - Storm Wizard. Zap, zap, dead. I coat my weapon with a "-100% magicka regeneration" poison that I found, and he still merrily zapping my follower before she even got near him. I get zapped twice and that's it.

Would welcome any non-cheating way for a aspiring weaponmaster character (warrior - no magic/enchanting) beat that bloody jarhead (rest are all dead after an hour of trying out strategies).
    Check the stores. They occasionally have 70% lightning/fire/frost resist amulets, boots and shields for sale. If you also complete the Mara quest chain, you get passive 15% magic resist which together will make you pretty much immune to any mage.

Another way is making/buying a magic resist + school resist potion or sneaking + shooting them with a bow or killing them with a dagger if you have invested in sneak.

You have no magic resistance, right?
    I assure you that if you try to kill a bunch of warriors and archers with no armor on, you'll hate them too.
    Last edited by Valenhil; 2012-12-26 at 02:23 PM.

Deleted
    I assure you that if you try to kill a warrior or archer with no armor on, you'll hate them too.
    SkyRe tuned up archers with xbows on a caster...
    ;__;

10+ Year Old Account
    I assure you that if you try to kill a bunch of warriors and archers with no armor on, you'll hate them too.
    No magic resist, haha. I saw someone posted above me about being a caster and getting creamed by 2Hs. Hell, -I- am getting erased by them if I just charge in and expect to take the hits. I guess fair's fair, but as a former pvper, it boils my blood that I'm getting erased by backpedaling mages hehe.

*ahem*

And it's from one of the least evil of daedric quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    *ahem*

*drools and keels over*

WANT. Elemental Protection does not seem to work for me.

*ahem*

Almost forgot about that quest. It's the one with the most disgusting enemies in the game.

It's sickly people who puke at you.

No magic resist, haha. I saw someone posted above me about being a caster and getting creamed by 2Hs. Hell, -I- am getting erased by them if I just charge in and expect to take the hits. I guess fair's fair, but as a former pvper, it boils my blood that I'm getting erased by backpedaling mages hehe.
    Damn it why'd you have to go and draw THAT parallel. It awakens some bad memories.

Also, my character went both longbow and shortbow and I just don't feel like I'm being as effective as I should be. Especially since for some reason my glass shortbow does FAR more damage than my Nightingale longbow even with more perks into longbows. The stagger is unreliable for longbows too. Nevermind that the "overdraw" skyre perk isn't working so it takes forever to even nock an arrow and I still don't move all that fast with maxxed mobility.

I haven't had to go against mages much though it usually entails me dodging like a madman (which is tough to do with skyre's limitations on archers). And I can't decide if I want to go for crossbows instead. I haven't invested anything in the smithing perks so it might take a bit to get to the right level to make them strong but I just want to be able to use the "faster reload crossbow" perk in the marksman tree but it doesn't say if I need the smithing perk for it or not.

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 05:43 PM ----------

*ahem*

Preparing the world to be cleansed by disease was pretty dang evil I'd say. It's certainly no Molag Bal though.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post

Also, my character went both longbow and shortbow and I just don't feel like I'm being as effective as I should be. Especially since for some reason my glass shortbow does FAR more damage than my Nightingale longbow even with more perks into longbows. The stagger is unreliable for longbows too. Nevermind that the "overdraw" skyre perk isn't working so it takes forever to even nock an arrow and I still don't move all that fast with maxxed mobility.
    I went with ACE. Skyre changed too much of the game to my liking. "Not recommended for first time players" - I never got to level 50. Only ever been to Whiterun, Riften, Solitude and Winterhold.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Preparing the world to be cleansed by disease was pretty dang evil I'd say. It's certainly no Molag Bal though.
    All you're doing is putting down a rogue daedric worshipper that has converted others into his own personal army. It's not like they are good people.

I went with ACE. Skyre changed too much of the game to my liking. "Not recommended for first time players" - I never got to level 50. Only ever been to Whiterun, Riften, Solitude and Winterhold.
    Does this mean you still haven't done the quest with Barbas the Talking Dog?
    Go to Falkreath NOW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this mean you still haven't done the quest with Barbas the Talking Dog?
    Go to Falkreath NOW.
    Lots of places I still need to go.

This is nice. I just found a Lord Stone. I never thought I'd find a stone that's as useful as, if not more than, the guardian stones or the lover's stone. Which stones do you guys use?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dawnguard adds a quest involving the Dwemer ruins that leads you to a forge, with which the player can craft one of three items, one of them being a crown that allows the player to store the effects of a guardian stone inside it. With that I have an anti-mage that uses both the Atronach Stone and the Apprentice Stone. Combined with the Atronach perk in the alteration tree and the Necromage perk in the restoration tree, my character absorbs 100% of all incoming magic damage as magicka, and the apprentice stone's increased fire weakness in conjunction with the Dunmer weakness to fire and the vampire weakness to fire greatly increases the potential damage of an incoming fire spell, and by effect increasing the amount of magicka my character gets from each fire spell while negating any potential threat that the fire may have. The magicka regeneration boost of the apprentice stone helps to alleviate the 50% reduction in regeneration inflicted by the Atronach stone as well, to my character is able to steamroll mages while still being able to hold up against melee and archer opponents. This character is also specialized in one-handed melee weapons, so close up skirmishes aren't an issue if an enemy does get too close and magicka is too low.

It's a bit overpowered, but I enjoy it. Haven't hit level 81 yet - think I'm about 20 levels away - so I still have a ways to go, and I haven't maxed out any of the crafting skills yet.
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2012-12-27 at 02:15 AM.