Thread: GANKING in CRZ

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

GANKING in CRZ

Cross-realm zone, one of the shittiest inventions blizzard has ever made. I'ts almost impossible to level now in hellfire peninsula for 10 mins with out getting oneshotted by some hero 90 lvl. And before you start the typical qq why did i roll to pvp server if i dont wanna get ganked, heres the reason.I started playing on pvp server before this shitty crz was made and you didnt get ganked 100% of time you play back then. Before Crz was made there werent ppl farming lvling zones to boost their ego. I cant see anything positive at crz at the moment and even when ur not getting ganked there still lots of problem occurring, for example rares disappearing and hordes coming to elwynn forest (i am alliance) and running back to sw and they get teleported to different zone. Yesterday i even had to wait for normal quest mob to spawn in blasted lands. Im not saying world pvp is total bullshit but 90% of time's it is.
    World pvp at even 90's is a big damn problem. I dont see whats so fun at going to daily areas with 3 of u mates and killing every pve player u see for 10 hk. I mean serooously what to fuck? there are now days so many different bgs, arenas and rbg for u guys and still, you have to come kill significantly low geared/leveled people. But my post isn't qq about 90 lvl pvp cos thats fine but not fair. But i think CRZ should be removed from leveling zones under lvl 85 to make lvling possible for lowbies.
    Sorry for my bad english but i tried my best.

Why don't you xfer to a PVE server?

The whole point of a PvP server is for the thrill of having to look over your shoulder all the time tbh. If you don't like it, either play safer, get some friends to help you or move servers.

PvP on a PvP server.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like it, then don't play on a pvp server.
    Also zangarmarsh, little to no ganking there

So then why can't they restrict the low level zones the same way they'd restrict BGs? Much more enjoyable and that would still be the PvP I signed up for on a PvP realm. Does that just upset the horrible 90 pvpers or something who camp lowbies all day?

Sorry but PvP on a PvP server is a stupid justification to allow 90s to camp lowbies.

I disagree, i see horde players a lot more often now when i'm out and about, and it's awesome when i'm playing my rogue and i just stealth and spy on them, it's nice knowing you can be killed at any moment, and it's nice being able to do the same to someone else, when the time is appropriate of course.

Shouldn't have rolled on a PvP server if you didn't want to be ganked.

Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    So then why can't they restrict the low level zones the same way they'd restrict BGs? Much more enjoyable and that would still be the PvP I signed up for on a PvP realm. Does that just upset the horrible 90 pvpers or something who camp lowbies all day?

Sorry but PvP on a PvP server is a stupid justification to allow 90s to camp lowbies.
    '

The reason they implemented CRZ is so that old world stuff would not seem so desolate and dead and you would actually feel like you are playing an mmo even when leveling up. Restricting it would kinda kill the point of CRZ in the first place - doesn't make sense.

While I can understand that it is frustrating, like others have said, move to a PVE server, or be more careful or go quest somewhere else for the time being. I understand you can't do that in hellfire, but you do have options elsewhere.

If you don't see whats so fun about WORLD PVP in areas that YOU THOUGHT WERE SAFE, then a PVP server is not the place for you - simple. Pay $15 to switch to a PVE server or deal with it. You are already giving Blizzard around $100 to play the damn game, $15 isn't going to kill you. Its not their fault that you didn't realize what you were getting yourself into when you decided to roll into a pvp server.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to agree that PvP should be restricted to 9 level above or below. Its easily doable technically. Getting one shotted left and right by level 90's isnt "danger" its "annoying".

Having some guy your own level attack you while your killing a mob, is danger. Having a level 90 attack you when your level 60, is like having a computer guided sci-fi space stations laser-bomb kill you from space(flying mount).
    Last edited by Cerunnir; 2012-12-26 at 07:22 PM.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Yep. That's the only type of world pvp blizzard can offer to players - lowlevel ganking.

It did make sense in the past, when people were from the same server, and you was able to hunt down and punish those retards - every time people talk about low level ganking blizzard says that it is intended to end up this way. But with cross realm zones its just not possible. Gankers are people with half brain, mentally sick and what's most important - they are cowards. When they see a decent opponent they flee to another zone. What happens in another zone? Right, its the whole different server with people from other realms. So they just continue to gank lowbies on this server.

How to deal with it? Well, you don't have to. Leveling balance is broken anyway. You'll get 2-20x+ times more XP in dungeons than by questing. No ganking, no waiting for quest mob spawns that was not increased with implementation of crz. No need to leave town at all.
    Obviously new players will be surprised and dissapointed by ganking, and there is good chance that a lot of them will stop playing before they level to maximum. But subscriber loss should concern blizzard, not us.

The problem definitely exists, but its not our problem. Just ignore it.

well I bet nobody likes to gen ganked while they are low level, but now I do the same, well not that I fly over low level zones and wait for people there, like some morons did while I was leveling, but when i'm doing achievements I never let one ally go by alive! xD And it's all fine, I bet those who I ganked will be ganking other horde lowbies later, heck, even my own low level alts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soopa View Post
    PvP on a PvP server.
    This is outrageous.

Oh my god, theres ganking on a pvp server? NO WAY!. OP, suck it up. This is -exactly- what you signed up for when you created a toon on a pvp server. World pvp isn't supposed to be fair. Why not relieve your frustration and find some lowbies to kill yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Oh my god, theres ganking on a pvp server? NO WAY!. OP, suck it up. This is -exactly- what you signed up for when you created a toon on a pvp server. World pvp isn't supposed to be fair. Why not relieve your frustration and find some lowbies to kill yourself?
    Exactly!

ITS NOT MEANT TO BE FAIR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soopa View Post
    PvP on a PvP server.
    We can't have that!

As you can see, the majority of people responding to this topic will point out that PvP happened on a PvP server. Blizzard's posts a few weeks ago echo that sentiment.

The one thing that you may be interested in, OP, is that Blizzard seemed to be open to the idea that maybe there should be better rewards for open world questing on a PvP server because you have to put up with all the level 90 heroes that gank lowbies.

Until then, do the opposite of what CRZs were intended to do - instead of being another character out in the world, park your character in a capital city and level through dungeon queuing.

Quote Originally Posted by suskuanna View Post
    Cross-realm zone, one of the shittiest inventions blizzard has ever made. I'ts almost impossible to level now in hellfire peninsula for 10 mins with out getting oneshotted by some hero 90 lvl. And before you start the typical qq why did i roll to pvp server if i dont wanna get ganked, heres the reason.I started playing on pvp server before this shitty crz was made and you didnt get ganked 100% of time you play back then. Before Crz was made there werent ppl farming lvling zones to boost their ego. I cant see anything positive at crz at the moment and even when ur not getting ganked there still lots of problem occurring, for example rares disappearing and hordes coming to elwynn forest (i am alliance) and running back to sw and they get teleported to different zone. Yesterday i even had to wait for normal quest mob to spawn in blasted lands. Im not saying world pvp is total bullshit but 90% of time's it is.
    World pvp at even 90's is a big damn problem. I dont see whats so fun at going to daily areas with 3 of u mates and killing every pve player u see for 10 hk. I mean serooously what to fuck? there are now days so many different bgs, arenas and rbg for u guys and still, you have to come kill significantly low geared/leveled people. But my post isn't qq about 90 lvl pvp cos thats fine but not fair. But i think CRZ should be removed from leveling zones under lvl 85 to make lvling possible for lowbies.
    Sorry for my bad english but i tried my best.
    Every single problem you listed, existed on more populated servers and frankly has been the way that MMOs have worked for years. All CRZ does is take the ridiculous amount of nearly empty zones, and mesh them together to get it back to the actual intended population.
    And I won't pretend I like being camped for several hours a day, but it definitely keeps things interesting. If you don't like world pvp, do what blizzard/the entire player base has been telling you and people like you for years, and transfer to a PVE server. Other than some of the odd bugs that have come up, CRZ has been pretty successful.

Just start from Zangarmarsh and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by danlathegreat View Post
    Every single problem you listed, existed on more populated servers and frankly has been the way that MMOs have worked for years. All CRZ does is take the ridiculous amount of nearly empty zones, and mesh them together to get it back to the actual intended population.
    And I won't pretend I like being camped for several hours a day, but it definitely keeps things interesting. If you don't like world pvp, do what blizzard/the entire player base has been telling you and people like you for years, and transfer to a PVE server. Other than some of the odd bugs that have come up, CRZ has been pretty successful.
    This is disingenuous. Back in vanilla, when I was leveling on the same high-pop pvp (balanced horde/alliance) server that I'm still on, things were not as bad as they are now. Not by a long shot.

Why? Simply because it was much harder to get places. If you want to go camp Nessingwary's camp in Sholazar basin, that should take you all of 3 minutes to get to and start camping, regardless of where you are in the world. In Vanilla, this simply wasn't true. There weren't as many flight paths, and once you did get to the closest one to your flight destination, you had to use a ground mount to get the rest of the way there.

In short, lowbie ganking was a significant time-cost. Now it isn't. This increases the quantity of gankers supplied to the leveling market.

For all the idiots that want to camp lowbies, I have no problem with it since Blizzard reiterated recently that everything is working as intended. But it's wrong to say that people who rolled on a PvP server in Vanilla, for instance, have an experience that is equivalent to the so-called-pvp experience that exists now.