Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Aye I really liked that special, thought it was VERY funny, with a decent story and I really like the new companion (okay she's no Amy Pond, but she's not bad at all ).

I also really like where they're going with the new girl, as it seems she's some kind of endlessly reincarnated being , but one who has memories of the future... wait what?

bring on the second 1/2 of the Season!
    Spoilers, Remember to use Spoilers [spoiler ] [ /spoiler]

Yah it was an excellent episode.

The rest of this post is a spoiler and conjecture.

So I had to think about it, and I think I figured out how. As she was dieing she changes the memory snow and the snow remembers her, her DNA, her Soul. At some point she will exists as a Doctors companion and as the Dalek Girl. Also remember the crash site is in the snow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    So I had to think about it, and I think I figured out how. As she was dieing she changes the memory snow and the snow remembers her, her DNA, her Soul. At some point she will exists as a Doctors companion and as the Dalek Girl. Also remember the crash site is in the snow.
    Sorry, didn't think I needed to use spoiler tags, as the episode had already aired etc.

but just in case, I'll swap to spoiler tags

You raise an excellent point about the snow.... I can't remember, was the snow on the Dalek planet just normal snow? Would be an interesting mini-arc, to fill up the second half of the season. Attack of the wierd snow, that gives you the memories of your other lives :S. Then the CURRENT version of her ends up with the memories of all the other hers, from throughout time.... could be useful!

I'm guessing everyone noticed his glasses I hope he keeps them!

But yes, I also was looking forward to the accent
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Sorry, didn't think I needed to use spoiler tags, as the episode had already aired etc.

but just in case, I'll swap to spoiler tags

You raise an excellent point about the snow.... I can't remember, was the snow on the Dalek planet just normal snow? Would be an interesting mini-arc, to fill up the second half of the season. Attack of the wierd snow, that gives you the memories of your other lives :S. Then the CURRENT version of her ends up with the memories of all the other hers, from throughout time.... could be useful!

I'm guessing everyone noticed his glasses I hope he keeps them!

But yes, I also was looking forward to the accent
    Not everyone has BBC, and not everyone is as willing as I am to use a download network. Also an earlier post before yours had
    worprz talking about how they where trying to catch up to Mat Smith.

The Christmas Special "The Snowmen" was a very solid showing. I am loving the team of Vastra, Jenny, and Strax; it's better that the Doctor has people to rely on, and it demonstrated he listened to Amy Pond in that he should not travel alone. Clara Oswin is a fiesty character and she immediately has a chemistry with the Doctor. She also seems like a very move-forward & take initiative individual as opposed to Amy's "the girl who waited."

As for Clara's apparent resurrections, I'm not sure what to think. Since she did not seem to recognize the Doctor in this episode, perhaps her incarnations do not share memories (although this episode happened in the 1800s, and I'm not sure what year he visited the Asylum). I think it would be too tacky to just have her brought back to life, so being reborn as a different version of herself is a great alternative and could bring a freshness to the show & avoid her character becoming stale. The Doctor can pick up different versions of Clara throughout time depending on the personality he needs for that specific mission.

I don't think Clara's resurrections have anything to do with the snow.

I saw a theory a little while back that she might be the Doctor's daughter introduced in the episode "The Doctor's Daughter". This theory was based on the fact that Clara's chair in her "ship" is the same as the chair that the Doctor's daughter left on: [img]http://i.imgur.com/EDXdj.png[/img]. If this were true, it could mean that she can regenerate, but that wouldn't explain why she looks different than the doctor's daughter but then the same each time she regenerates now...
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-12-26 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    but that wouldn't explain why she looks the same each time...
    And as to why in the future she's a Dalek and in the past she's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    And as to why in the future she's a Dalek and in the past she's dead.
    In the future she is a Dalek because the Daleks turned her into one after her ship crashed on their planet, right?

I saw a theory a little while back that she might be the Doctor's daughter introduced in the episode "The Doctor's Daughter". This theory was based on the fact that Clara's chair in her "ship" is the same as the chair that the Doctor's daughter left on: [img]http://i.imgur.com/EDXdj.png[/img]. If this were true, it could mean that she can regenerate, but that wouldn't explain why she looks the same each time...
    I have been thinking the Clara is likely a Time Lord, the Doctors daughter idk, but I really do think she could be a Time Lord. It'll be interesting to see what the deal with her is, because there's definitely something. If she's actually human I'll probably be pretty surprised. I feel like she's so similar to the Doctor and with how she's so nonchalant around abnormal/alien things, along with her dying twice and still not being dead, can she really be human?...It'll be an interesting rest of the season since it's almost like having 2 Doctors now.

10+ Year Old Account

I saw a theory a little while back that she might be the Doctor's daughter introduced in the episode "The Doctor's Daughter". This theory was based on the fact that Clara's chair in her "ship" is the same as the chair that the Doctor's daughter left on: . If this were true, it could mean that she can regenerate, but that wouldn't explain why she looks different than the doctor's daughter but then the same each time she regenerates now...

Interesting *theory, although it might just be a case of reused sets, which the BBC does all the time.

*(non-scientific Theory, as opposed to the Scientific Theory which should have a different word like Changeable fact, truth unless new evidence changes it)
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2012-12-27 at 12:04 AM.

i get nervous with saying that clara is potentially timelord because if she was, you feel like strax would have said something. That is something difficult to overlook and not tell the only other living timelord. I could see it if she was using a chameleon arch, but what happens if you die as a human?
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    i get nervous with saying that clara is potentially timelord because if she was, you feel like strax would have said something. That is something difficult to overlook and not tell the only other living timelord. I could see it if she was using a chameleon arch, but what happens if you die as a human?
    You would die exactly like a human.
    You become 100% human, the pocket-watch absorbs all the time-lord parts and keeps them in the watch.
    They would age, and get sick, and think like a human.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    You would die exactly like a human.
    You become 100% human, the pocket-watch absorbs all the time-lord parts and keeps them in the watch.
    They would age, and get sick, and think like a human.
    but what happens to the timelord stuck in the fob watch?
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

In the future she is a Dalek because the Daleks turned her into one after her ship crashed on their planet, right?
    Yeah, but how'd she get to the past (she doesn't have any time travelling devices), and then die there? And why not regenerate (in the Christmas episode), if she is infact his daughter and a time lord?

10+ Year Old Account
    While it's an interesting theory to think that Clara is the Doctor's daughter and she's a Time Lord, it's going to would just be too awkward since they had that passionate kiss in The Snowmen.

Now that we're talking about the Doctor's Daughter. I'd love to see a spinoff or something with her travels. Would be quite interesting to see since she flew off in that ship at the end of the episode.

Deleted
    what ever the outcome, i think its going to be an interesting story to see what they do with Clara. the doctor knows somethings up.

funny episode, loved the sherlock holmes cross over

also, how much time has passed since tatm to this episode? as the doctor has changed a lot, so im guessing its a long time.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 01:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post
    While it's an interesting theory to think that Clara is the Doctor's daughter and she's a Time Lord, it's going to would just be too awkward since they had that passionate kiss in The Snowmen.

Now that we're talking about the Doctor's Daughter. I'd love to see a spinoff or something with her travels. Would be quite interesting to see since she flew off in that ship at the end of the episode.

yeah, wonder if they will ever pick that up, or just leave it open, maybe reference things she did after that if she is infact his daughter. never actually show what she did, just reference it sometimes. could see them doing that.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 01:30 AM ----------

the reason i dont think she is the doctors daughter, first off her memory, time lords do not lose their memory when they regenerate, so she would remember the doctor from the the original episode. and 2nd, unless she got a time machine from somewhere, how did she get back to victorian england. the only thing that i can think of that explains the no memory of the doctor is that she infact a time lord, but somehow got hold of a chamelon arc, but then i think if a time lord dies while under the affects of a chamelon arc, he dies for good and does not regenerate.

I'm thinking that Clara was gifted with reincarnations in a past life, perhaps from a druid or some religious order (as a gift or a punishment, I don't know). This would be a fresh take since she doesn't just regenerate like the Doctor, she actually dies and is reborn over and over again to have a new life in a different time (but always as herself). She is definitely human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    the reason i dont think she is the doctors daughter, first off her memory, time lords do not lose their memory when they regenerate, so she would remember the doctor from the the original episode. and 2nd, unless she got a time machine from somewhere, how did she get back to victorian england. the only thing that i can think of that explains the no memory of the doctor is that she infact a time lord, but somehow got hold of a chamelon arc, but then i think if a time lord dies while under the affects of a chamelon arc, he dies for good and does not regenerate.
    wibbly wobbly timey wimmy, Dalek Clara is in her far future, Victorian Clara is her first meeting, and 21st century? Clara is the companion. Also the snow turning to water as she was dieing is the clue of how she did it I think. Also the Dalek prison planet was a snow planet.

Deleted
    Aye I really liked that special, thought it was VERY funny, ...
    My favorite line was the widowed father's when under siege, when the new companion/governess he has feelings for introduces the Doctor as her gentlemen friend. In a matter of seconds, the Doctor reveals there are carnivorous alien snowmen attacking his home; a lesbian Silurian at the frontdoor and a pyscho Sontarian at the back.

The Doctor, brusquely: "Any questions?"

Father, dismayed: "She has a gentlemen friend?"

so totally lapsed on this one, what did everyone think of the new intro?
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    so totally lapsed on this one, what did everyone think of the new intro?
    Reminds me of the 80's intros a bit.