Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I made like around 10 millions by selling augment slots when the patch hit on 1 character. Could have made double or triple but I was too lazy to stock all the mats. I still have like 4-5 millions from that, not selling anything else until Cartel market hit. Just selling some weapon skins made another 5 million but since I didn't get into the "buy mods = RE = sell mods" thing I'm not getting any else aside sometimes doing dailys or Asation. I wouldn't know why I need to have more money as all the mods are doing is making content difficulty trivial and I prefer to "work" for equipment as a group instead of having maxed out characters at 1,1k bonus damage pulling aggro all over the zone just by standing in it. So far I could support all my 11 characters without putting 0 effort, not sure what people with 100millions + are doing with all that money. My first million I did with custom gear, crafting chest/ leg/ head pieces for mostly synthweaving containting a full stock at all time. As they introduced hands/ feet etc. I reached my GTN limit and didn't bother anymore. If I can't offer everything (while everything was selling) why bother to show only half of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Well besides the rock solid proof of your guesses and assumptions I will just have to go by what I have seen. I have made just over a million buying and flipping unlocks and have seen several other ppl on here mention doing the same. You do realize when ppl find something to sell and it moves then they sell the same thing again so the "overpriced auctions" you are seeing can and almost certainly are not the same items just new ones being sold also. People are alsogetting others to buy them things above the 350k cap them giving them gold from multiple toons to pay them back or trading them items. This niche isn't as small as you think it is, at the very least on my server it isn't.
    Yes, I have seen plenty of people talk about selling unlocks. Those unlocks being things along the lines of WZ passes, FP passes, Op passes, action bar unlocks, etc. You know, things that don't cost 1200 Cartel Coins. Also, whenever I've come on here and seen people like HK talking about what they've bought, they also find it asinine that people are putting that stuff up for higher than the credit cap. And, yes, they are the same items. It does still tell you how long is left in an auction and when I see something went from very long to long or long to medium, it isn't something new put up on the GTN.

Oh, and your passive aggressive comment to start off your reply was unnecessary. If I'm not mistaken, I used the words "From what I can tell" and "perhaps". I'm pretty sure those words automatically make it abundantly clear that I'm not putting up "rock solid proof". So, next time, try to respond without sounding like an asshole.

Ppl are selling them to subs that plan to go f2p or ppl that only subbed to unlock their cartel coins. I am not sure how you can call them dummies when they are making millions of credits doing the thing you do not understand.

Making large amounts of credits in SWTOR is insanely easy, each and every toon I have made has several million by the time they hit 20 or so and it is just that much easier for the next one to do it. Sure there are events that spike the amount you can make. The best example of this is right before then right as augment kits went live, I was able to make well over 30 million in just 3 or 4 days with a little proper planning. Read patch notes see what or how things will be effected and plan ahead, if for no other reason then to not be taken advantage of by others.
    You are insanely arrogant and passively insulting.

It IS insanely stupid that people sell things for over the preferred credit limit. It's an increadibly small nieche of nobodies your loophole is for. If you are soooooo rich on all your toons why would you even need to do this and not help out people who actually need it. You almost seem like you think you are giving advice when you are really just being condescending.

Just because you are waaaaay to invested in a game dosn't make you better, I'd say its quite the opposite, especially when you brag like you did in that post. It really just shows that you are greedy even though you have nothing to do with all your "impressive" wealth.

You are making guesses and assumptions a lot. I know quite a few people playing and none of them have "several million" by level 20. People are not "the magnificent" you, some people have a life.

Now if only you were as incredible of a person in real life as you claim to be in a game, then maybe you wouldn't go around arrogantly strutting and bragging in a forum about how good you are at a game and how other people are fools to not see your useless accomplishments. Maybe you could actually do something important in the world, too bad your online bragging and condescending really peels all that intelligent look away from you.

I'll probably get banned for this but someone needs to at least try and get you off your high horse.

Infracted: Please do not attack other members because they share a different viewpoint than you.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-12-24 at 12:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    It's amazing how many dummies are still selling them for more in the GTN.
    Seriously dude you brought this tone into the debate by calling people dummies. Now complaining about being reacted to in kind is silly to put it mildly.

And on topic, unlocks priced above the f2p and preferred credit limits actually do sell. I purchased one and decided to sell it again after reading too much about bugs associated with account wide unlocks. If you do the math even priced above the limits these can be a bargain if purchased on AH compared to the price of buying them individually on 6, 8 or 10 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    You are insanely arrogant and passively insulting.

It IS insanely stupid that people sell things for over the preferred credit limit. It's an increadibly small nieche of nobodies your loophole is for. If you are soooooo rich on all your toons why would you even need to do this and not help out people who actually need it. You almost seem like you think you are giving advice when you are really just being condescending.

Just because you are waaaaay to invested in a game dosn't make you better, I'd say its quite the opposite, especially when you brag like you did in that post. It really just shows that you are greedy even though you have nothing to do with all your "impressive" wealth.

You are making guesses and assumptions a lot. I know quite a few people playing and none of them have "several million" by level 20. People are not "the magnificent" you, some people have a life.

Now if only you were as incredible of a person in real life as you claim to be in a game, then maybe you wouldn't go around arrogantly strutting and bragging in a forum about how good you are at a game and how other people are fools to not see your useless accomplishments. Maybe you could actually do something important in the world, too bad your online bragging and condescending really peels all that intelligent look away from you.

I'll probably get banned for this but someone needs to at least try and get you off your high horse.

Waaaay to invested? How would you have any clue how much I play or care about the game, I will give you a hint both are fairly low. My assumption is a simple one and the opposite of arrogance, I can easily make a bucket load of credits a day so everybody else should be able to also. I didn't say anything about being great at the game or any of that. Go ahead let it all out clearly something is really bothering you. Making millions of credits in SWTOR takes a few minutes nothing more there isn't anything impressive or hard about it, I have listed of some of the quickest and easiest ways in this thread or others like it. If me telling others how to easily make credits is your idea of arrogant we have two very different takes on things. Cheer up bud it is just a game.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 05:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Yes, I have seen plenty of people talk about selling unlocks. Those unlocks being things along the lines of WZ passes, FP passes, Op passes, action bar unlocks, etc. You know, things that don't cost 1200 Cartel Coins. Also, whenever I've come on here and seen people like HK talking about what they've bought, they also find it asinine that people are putting that stuff up for higher than the credit cap. And, yes, they are the same items. It does still tell you how long is left in an auction and when I see something went from very long to long or long to medium, it isn't something new put up on the GTN.

Oh, and your passive aggressive comment to start off your reply was unnecessary. If I'm not mistaken, I used the words "From what I can tell" and "perhaps". I'm pretty sure those words automatically make it abundantly clear that I'm not putting up "rock solid proof". So, next time, try to respond without sounding like an asshole.
    Now is the time that charging more then the credit cap makes sense and ppl will happily pay it. You have the ppl that resubed for a month only to claim their cartel coins and get access to their credits over the cap so they can take advantage of them while they have that access. Beyond that as my previous post stated there are multiple ways to get around the cap via trades or other friends/players helping you out. Fast forward a bit and yes the crazy posts of 1 million credits for an unlock is silly even more so when there are dozens of that same item. Now however is the window when those things make sense and do sell. I have been on both sides of loading up for f2p in the future and selling things now.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Before I quit I use to just sit by 2 big chests on Illum with 2 characters and rotate sending all their companions on Slicing and UWT missions and made a ton. But because I ended up on a lame server when they all got merged Im having to reroll as my side is worse than the Alliance ever thought about being when it comes to PvP. Im talking doing WZs for 5-6 hours and won like 2. Id rather just reroll and start over than suffer through the same crap I had to in WoW where you just lose all day long to premade after premade.

Just wondering what crewskills are best for making credits? Are any crafting skills any good now? Certainly they had to have been buffed since I quit because that was when the only thing useful was Biochem. Or would it be better to just buy stuff off the Cartel Market and sell that on the GTN? I dont know if people are buying these things but some Cartel stuff is going for 600K-3 mil depending on the item.
    take something like cybertech or artifce that allows you to reverse engineer, thats where the big money is right now, people who can make 26 and 27 mods/enhancements etc are making a killing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    take something like cybertech or artifce that allows you to reverse engineer, thats where the big money is right now, people who can make 26 and 27 mods/enhancements etc are making a killing
    100% agree.

I made 5mil this week alone. I logged in for a total of 15mins all week. Once I hit 100mil I basically stopped 'farming/crafting' but in theory you can go for the credit cap if you so desired with this method.

The prices have gone down a lot but you can still make 300k profit off an armoring/mod/enh easily enough on my server.

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    save some money now, wait for Makeb and buy/ RE mods/ barrels etc. you can buy on the GTN. It may cost you a bit but on the long run you'll likely make tons of credits.

At the moment though, people are making most money with molecular stabalizer.. even the people crafting are hoping to crit a mod so they can RE for them. As usual... the material is more expensive than the end product.

How do you get the 26/27 mods and armorings to RE? I heard you just buy them off the GTN and then put them in a piece of gear then strip them and they can be RE'd after that. But with only 20% chance and they cost 700k+ seems like a big risk. Plus I gotta but the cunning, str, willpower, and aim ones so it would take several millions of credits to even get started. And God forbid you have the luck I do and it takes 7 tries of REing to get the schematic. Is there another way or is that it? I think I will just but cartel packs and sell them for 350k a pop. I see people blowing through dozens of them standing at the GTN so I assume they sell fast. And at 350k it lets everyone buy them even non subs.

You get them either by doing operations/ black hole comms or by bying/ letting someone else to craft and give it to you. Our guild for example is sharing mods between crafters so we have several crafters which all can craft the different mods. If you are doing it purely on your own it involves a lot of money.

Ppl are selling them to subs that plan to go f2p or ppl that only subbed to unlock their cartel coins. I am not sure how you can call them dummies when they are making millions of credits doing the thing you do not understand.

Making large amounts of credits in SWTOR is insanely easy, each and every toon I have made has several million by the time they hit 20 or so and it is just that much easier for the next one to do it. Sure there are events that spike the amount you can make. The best example of this is right before then right as augment kits went live, I was able to make well over 30 million in just 3 or 4 days with a little proper planning. Read patch notes see what or how things will be effected and plan ahead, if for no other reason then to not be taken advantage of by others.
    Chances are, those people are long gone by now and not playing anymore after having finished the story lines.
    I've seen the same people list the same unlocks, for the past month for ridiculous prices. An account wide special event equipment unlock for 4 million? Account cargo bay unlock for 1 million? Preferred status already even has that. Even if you go from subbed to F2P, you have than unlock.

Heck, I'm a preferred F2P and someone purchased the level 3 speeder training for 5 million. Still trying to figure that out who bought it.

Any blue mods sell great. Mats sell great too.

Also, if you are F2P, slicing is by far the best skill to pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    Account cargo bay unlock for 1 million?
    I will gladly pay 1 million for that. Red Eclipse Server xoxo

Quote Originally Posted by Odegon View Post
    I will gladly pay 1 million for that. Red Eclipse Server xoxo
    Why? The only ones who need the unlock are the new free 2 plays.

Paying and Preferred already have access to the cargo bay.

They are just greedy people who want to have even more money then they know what to do with instead of selling it to people it can actually help.

I swear people are increadibly bad with money/credits in swtor somehow more then other MMOs.

People complain they have soo much credits, that it's so easy to make then they turn around and sell things for rediculous prices in the GTN, just to what? make more money you don't know what to do with.

People who sell these unlocks for over the preferred player cap are just ruining the game even more by making these things more inaccessible to free players. People see these insane/stupid prices and figure they should sell it at that too. All the while Preferred and F2P players get screwed sealing this game as the worst F2P option game in existence, Sure you CAN unlock things with credits instead of cartel money but people like Tyvern and Odegon ruin it for so many people.

that thing is called cargo hold. I am paying for cargo bay thanks

I was talking about the cargo hold unlock, not unlocking additional cargo bays. Thanks.

I'll gladly sell them to you for a million each. xoxo

Really? Because on my server, I've seen people selling those 100k. And you'd pay 10 times that?

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Really? Because on my server, I've seen people selling those 100k. And you'd pay 10 times that?
    Man I wish people sold it for that reasonable amount on my server instead of the insane prices they conjure up for something that should never be above 350K