Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Extreme Rumor for E3 Next Year

Let me first say, this is all RUMOR (all though the last two rumors this guy stated were spot on, but much smaller than this), and although there is some small plausibility to some of it, there is a very high chance that much (or all) of this is NOT true. Everytime you state these rumors with any factual evidence behind them a kitten is vicously mauled by a Grizzly Bear.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/co...d-the-next-gen
    http://3dsforums.com/general-gaming-...nextbox-44575/

If any of this is true I would put money on the Nintendo aspects, however the Sony and Microsoft ideas seem extremely farfetched, and honestly not a way I would want to game (I don't like the idea of having to wear a helmet to play a game and the omni-projection thing sounds like a nightmare). If those are true I would be shocked, and not even worry about getting any next-gen consoles.

The rumor claims that they're trying to get the new SSB ready for a demo the next E3, and that's not going to happen. Work only started on it early this year, they can't possibly finish a testable product in 1½ year, definitely not judging from SSBB's production time.

Also, another FPA Metroid? C'mon, the Prime trilogy was okay, but please do go back to what Metroid is truly about; Sidescrolling exploration shotting action, I'm tired of first person shooters, the first Prime was amazing, but the others were simply good, and not up to Metroid standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please, next time include the actual topic of the discussion in your post, instead of posting dry links. Huge quote blankets without source aren't good either, but at least provide us with some info except your reation to these rumors.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Read everything, saw that 2 game companies are making Modern Warfare 4, Facepalm. Are you fucking serious? These next gen consoles really aren't looking promising to me. More kinect bull crap and the lineup for launch games is abysmal. These rumors look false to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Please, next time include the actual topic of the discussion in your post, instead of posting dry links. Huge quote blankets without source aren't good either, but at least provide us with some info except your reation to these rumors.
    Lol I agree. What's the rumor we're talking about exactly? I skimmed through the links but I'm still not sure, especially with what wariofan posted.

Skimmed through myself, but most of it seems legit. There's going to be so much stuff going on at this year's E3, that it'll be fucking ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Lol I agree. What's the rumor we're talking about exactly? I skimmed through the links but I'm still not sure, especially with what wariofan posted.
    In general it's just a shit ton of rumors about everything that could happen at E3 this year. I think it'd be hard to fit into a OP post. Stuff like Playstation 4 (apparently called the Playstation Omni according to this), the next Xbox (supposedly 5-6 times more powerful than the Wii U, which is hardly believable), a bunch of games info like a new 3D Mario (like we didn't know that would happen), stuff like demos being readied, Metroid, I think there also were something with Donkey Kong and Pokémon too. It's a lot of stuff, I didn't read all of it either, and I'm not falling for the same rumors I heard before the last E3.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    In general it's just a shit ton of rumors about everything that could happen at E3 this year. I think it'd be hard to fit into a OP post. Stuff like Playstation 4 (apparently called the Playstation Omni according to this), the next Xbox (supposedly 5-6 times more powerful than the Wii U, which is hardly believable), a bunch of games info like a new 3D Mario (like we didn't know that would happen), stuff like demos being readied, Metroid, I think there also were something with Donkey Kong and Pokémon too. It's a lot of stuff, I didn't read all of it either, and I'm not falling for the same rumors I heard before the last E3.
    One thing I would say is that I'd find it readily acceptable that the Xbox 3/PS 4 will both be vastly more powerful than the Wii U. The Wii U's CPU is currently about two thirds slower than a XBOX 360's and its GPU is equivalent to an AMD 5450 or slightly less. Both the PS 4/XB 3 have been toting 'leaked' stats for GPUs at least on par with the AMD 6770 so far and the CPUs will be fairly significant upgrades from their older variations.

The aim's basically going to just be to get *all* games running in 1920x1080 at 30~60fps. As we all well know, most 'HD' games at the moment tend to be in resolutions closer to 1280x720 half the time and only a certain few, or the less intensive ones actually run in 1920x1080 30fps+ full time.

I have high hopes for Nintendo's conference next year, even after their disappointing one this year. Everything they've already announced (besides SSB, which doesn't even have a teaser trailer yet) will be out by then, so it should be almost entirely new stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm just looking forward to the awkward moments of embarrassment that are hilarious for the rest of the month it happens in. Hit the weak points for massive damage. And hopefully Microsoft has something more than social media updates to a gaming console...

10+ Year Old Account
    The rumor claims that they're trying to get the new SSB ready for a demo the next E3, and that's not going to happen. Work only started on it early this year, they can't possibly finish a testable product in 1½ year, definitely not judging from SSBB's production time.

Also, another FPA Metroid? C'mon, the Prime trilogy was okay, but please do go back to what Metroid is truly about; Sidescrolling exploration shotting action, I'm tired of first person shooters, the first Prime was amazing, but the others were simply good, and not up to Metroid standards.
    What's difficult about SSB games to make? And yeah, I'd really like an almost Other M-style Metroid game, just without the awful voice acting and borderline retarded character design.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

The only stuff I see in the links are that both Sony and MS are announcing consoles next year (Sony has a press conference set a couple weeks before E3, and MS will probably announce at E3) and that both Sony and MS are looking for devs to create exclusives. Of course they are.

As to how close different nintendo games are to completion, I have no idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    The only stuff I see in the links are that both Sony and MS are announcing consoles next year (Sony has a press conference set a couple weeks before E3, and MS will probably announce at E3) and that both Sony and MS are looking for devs to create exclusives. Of course they are.

As to how close different nintendo games are to completion, I have no idea.
    Hopefully they don't accidentally leak it a day or two before they announce it like Halo 4! If Nintendo makes a next gen system, wouldn't that make buying the Wii-U pretty pointless? Unless of course, that can be used with their unconfirmed new console.

10+ Year Old Account

I prefer the FPA Metroids. The MP series was awesome. Metroid may have got famous becausae of it but it got even more because of the Prime series. Going back to it ISN'T a bad thing. My only issue is the design path Nintendo is going with (THe Wii) I much prefer a controller then this...stuff.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Hopefully they don't accidentally leak it a day or two before they announce it like Halo 4! If Nintendo makes a next gen system, wouldn't that make buying the Wii-U pretty pointless? Unless of course, that can be used with their unconfirmed new console.
    Nintendo already has a 'next gen'. Well, 'half-gen' system. The Wii U. If they announce another system at E3 I would imagine people would start equating them with apple (its .0003 mm thinner) and lose them a ton of customers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I prefer the FPA Metroids. The MP series was awesome. Metroid may have got famous becausae of it but it got even more because of the Prime series. Going back to it ISN'T a bad thing. My only issue is the design path Nintendo is going with (THe Wii) I much prefer a controller then this...stuff.
    Well, considering how the layout is for Wii U, you have the 'pro' controller if you so choose to use, or the tablet, which in my opinion, is surprisingly comfortable, and the Wii mote. Tablet and Pro controller feature the same D Pad 4 button R1/R2 + L1/L2 and two analog.

Nintendo won't be announcing a next-gen system at all. It just wouldn't make any sense at all financially or for any other reason. They'd lose huge sales on the Wii U and it would essentially be declared dead in the water if they announced a new system. They'll be announcing as much software in the way of First-Party and more importantly Third-Party releases as they physically can.

For Nintendo, software's the key at the moment. What they may hint at, however, is a new handheld console. Not sure if they'd release a whole new one, but perhaps a 3DS2 or some such.

Deleted
    I liked the prime series, but i do agree the first one was in a different league then the other two.

Interesting as to how plausible it is... we'll have to wait until the E3.

One thing confuses me, why would Capcom make a Monster Hunter for the next Xbox? Nobody in Japan buys Xboxes, so it makes 0 sense.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

Deleted
    I have seen rumors detailing the XBox 720 having 16 GB of RAM, double GTX 680 cards, a 16-core processor etc etc yadda yadda. The same goes for the PS4. And nothing makes the slightest sense unless they intead to release their consoles in 4 years time when prices have dropped or either sell them for 1500$ a pop or at massive loss.