Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dialon View Post
    Two reasons i would like to see that:

a) the amounts of qq would be a sheer joy
    b) the complexity of this system would probably reach the levels of ai, would be cute
    great post overall.

This last part is awesome: at the AI of the Year awards, Blizzard would say that they wrote the most complex piece of AI ever just to be dicks about giving loot to their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Also, something no one else has mentioned yet.

Disability.

I used to have a family friend who had a child with a withered hand. The only game he could really play was Tekken, due to being unable to hold a controller. Now, he gained a LOT of enjoyment from the game, and was even able to see the ending of his favourite character (Marshall Law) because he was able to spam one button, and he could complete it on easiest difficulty. Was he *skilled*? No chance, he was physically unable to do so. Was he able to "perform at 80% of his characters peak ability"? God no, but the games difficulty accounted for it, and allowed him to "win".

Now, what about players who might have a physical or mental disability under your fantabulous BS system? They will now be penalised and have slower upgrades against those who are more "able" so to speak. You have now drawn a divide between disabled players and those who aren't simply due to some crappy system that has been implemented by yourself to make things "fair". However, you have now made things unfair for thos players who are simply incapable of doing so.
    What about older players? People with illness? Same applies, if they are unable to "perform highly", then they are being unfairly penalised compared to others who might be able to get higher numbers simply due to physical capability.

Yeh, it's a small percentage, but the percentage IS there, and well done, you have now managed to make a game that discriminates. Want a cookie?
    This is a good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Improtaight View Post
    if u do a LFR, and u pull 60k dps while u see some1 else pulling 25k (i've seen it, too much), u should be rewarded, we're not saying "give another free epic", just saying bring up the loot chance by like 10% or something...
    Yeah that's how "being better" works... Having better gear is what makes you special...
    If your gear is better you should do more dps, doesn't "earn" you the right for more loot.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    this is such a pathetic idea. LFR loot is not broke. it works perfect, the OP is butthurt that he cant buy 24 friends to funnel him gear. if you wanna feel special go run Heroic raids. oh thats right.. you cant. you are not as skilled as you thought you were. oh well, maybe you can berate others in LFR and pretend you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    To be fair to him, he said it should be based on a percentage of their performance from their gear. It's not uncommon to see a fully LFR-geared person, doing less than a blue-geared ditto, so the blue-geared are clearly performing better.
    Not necessarily... the fully geared person may have been trapped in something and not freed by others. The fully-geared may have died because a heal did not reach him in time and is unable to do more damage.... (if you look at damage).
    Looking at DPS does not work either... blue-geared can blow all cooldowns at start then die and then score better at fully-geared who happens to time his cooldowns more carefully and stays alive longer...
    There are too many factors for judging a person's skill that cannot (and should not) be measured, especially regarding LFR...

Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    One of the main reasons LFR was introduced was so that people DIDN'T have to try hard to get gear.
    No. That's just not true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantasir View Post
    quite the contrary.. i try to perform my best, i read up on my class when i have time, i gem/reforge as the game changes i change with it. My performance means quite a bit to me personally. I play casually thus i am a casual, but i'm not a bad, as i've said the two are not synonyms.
    You are not playing casually if you stress about your performance and choose your spec and play style depending
    on the current "Highest performance" standard. If you play casually you play the spec you like and wear the items
    you like.

You can play 1 hour a week or 40 hours a week and be a casual player.

LFR is content for those who don't care about their performance. They hit the spells they like the most and if they don't
    feel like spending money to get gems on their gear they don't get gems on their gear.

The elitist call them bad because their approach to the game is completely different. You can't really tell if a casual player
    is bad or not because he probably never even tried to optimize his gear, build or performance.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You really do LFraid for items? Funny...I am decked out in epics that all have ilv between 476 and 496 and never set a foot into a raid other than 2 Sha of Anger kills. All my items are crafted or bought from factions.

So..if..as you say "this loot pinata isn't exciting" and you want a system that rewards performance what keeps you from

-going alternative ways to gain gear (5 man heroics)
    -then hit NORMAL raids in said heroic gear because clearly guys with awesome skills like you don't REALLY need LFraid?

It helps everyone. Your fun is not tainted by seeing underperformers and you can raid in an area that truly fits your skill.
    You win OVER 9000 interwebs.

Deleted
    Now, what about players who might have a physical or mental disability under your fantabulous BS system? They will now be penalised and have slower upgrades against those who are more "able" so to speak. You have now drawn a divide between disabled players and those who aren't simply due to some crappy system that has been implemented by yourself to make things "fair". However, you have now made things unfair for thos players who are simply incapable of doing so.
    What about older players? People with illness? Same applies, if they are unable to "perform highly", then they are being unfairly penalised compared to others who might be able to get higher numbers simply due to physical capability.

Yeh, it's a small percentage, but the percentage IS there, and well done, you have now managed to make a game that discriminates. Want a cookie?
    These players get penalised in almost every single game they'll ever attempt to play, almost every single aspect of wow, hell even in most aspects in life. In lfr the penalisation isn't major (the group will simply have a slightly harder time to get through the bosses, they are slightly more likely to get kicked) but it's still there. The world (real or of warcraft) isn't fair, deal with it.

Regarding the suggestion itself it's obviously a retarded implementation. Excluding the fact that you can't judge tanks/healers in this way at all it just encourages players to ingore mechanics (even more) and maximize dps over doing their 'job'. Stone guards: No one would move with jasper chains, no one would move out of amethyst/cobalt nor clear it. Feng, no one would move on epicenter, sparks or velocity. Gara'jal, every single person would compete to enter the spirit realm, the result wouldn't be awful but skewed. Spirit kings, people wouldn't move with the tank in p1, wouldn't run away from the add, wouldn't group up for shout (and if they would everyone would pop their most powerful aoe and get everyone debuffed/to half hp), no one would dps arrows etc. Do I need to continue? Basing a dps performance purely on the dps he does is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    You're doing content aimed for people that can't play. It's the entire idea with that. Getting people that are casual, to play the raids, they made. To see all the content.
    Most casual players don't think it's fun to min/max. They don't enchant or gem either. They don't know the rotation. They go there because they want some gear while they chat on msn at the same time.
    Oh great. Another clueless person who has no idea what the difference between a Bad player and a Casual player actually is. LFR was not designed to cater to bad (the above mentioned ungemmed AFK heroes who dont know how to play their class) players. LFR was designed to cater to Casual players who do not have the time or inclination to work a regular raid-schedule into their real life schedule. It may boggle your mind, but it is completely possible to play the game Casually, without actually being bad at it.

Yes, it is easier then normal raids, but that is because it is designed with the Raid-Finder auto grouping in mind, which assumes a basic level of lack of communication / raid awareness due to completely random party forming, and has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with any kind of assumption that it has to be designed that way to account for poor play.

The fact that it attracts bad players is a side effect of the way it is designed, NOT it's intended purpose.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2012-12-27 at 02:22 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is such a bad idea, it's like asking aviici to play a gig from inside an elevator....

.....(wrong on so many level's)

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Because after a few weeks people would start laughing at other players of "lalalalalawl you only have 2 pieces of LFR gear, that means you suck, because I have 12 and it's all linked to performance!" type mentality. The moment you start giving gear in anything beyond HC mode raids that is linked to a players performance, is the fay you open a HUGE can of worms of fucktardery. Heck, even sucky players like to try and establish a pecking order.

Seriously, the whole idea of yours is so fundamentally flawed and unbelievably misjudged its hilarious. There is a literary term called "Murder Your Darlings". If you think you have an amazing idea that's revolutionary, life changing and the single greatest idea that's ever been created, chances are its a pile of self-indulgent, conceited turd, and the idea is to "Murder it", because other's surely will.

Can we be friends?
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Stupid idea.

It would encourage people to do meter padding and ignore mechanics
    If you die because someone else missed an assignment (tank not picking up something, healer just aoe'ing to get more HPS) you wouldn't get loot
    If your PC is old and you are on a bad connection, you will be punished

I could think of a few more cons, this is a terrible idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    You are not playing casually if you stress about your performance and choose your spec and play style depending
    on the current "Highest performance" standard. If you play casually you play the spec you like and wear the items
    you like.

You can play 1 hour a week or 40 hours a week and be a casual player.

LFR is content for those who don't care about their performance. They hit the spells they like the most and if they don't
    feel like spending money to get gems on their gear they don't get gems on their gear.

The elitist call them bad because their approach to the game is completely different. You can't really tell if a casual player
    is bad or not because he probably never even tried to optimize his gear, build or performance.
    you're idea is completely different from my idea of what a 'casual' is. you describe them as bads who dont want to optimize. this is the problem with most people on the forums right here. a casual player in my mind, is one who doesnt have the time to spend in norms/heroics. if you think progressing in those raids doesnt require time, then you are an elitist. as only the most dedicated will breeze through them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    In normal raids random loot is fine. As a group you always will get a few useful items and loot isn't the main reason you raid.

But in LFR random loot really kills the fun for me personally. Because let's face it, you do LFR for items. Hitting those loot pinatas isn't exactly thrilling.

My solution: make loot in LFR performance based. The chance you get an item on a boss increases if you perform well. For example: you are a dps and you do 80% of the dps possible with your gear (based on itemlevel) your chance to get an item is 80%

Pros:
    - people will actually try during LFR raids to increase their chance to get loot
    - LFR becomes more fun, since you want to maximize your dps, healing or tanking to get loot
    Really old idea that is also a bad one.

How do you determine Healer performance, by HPS? You know healing is not about HPS, right? And that not every healing class does the same HPS?

How do you determine DPS performance, by their DPS meter? That would only encourage bad DPSers not moving from stuiff, not cleansing themselves in tsulong, making the healers life even more miserable, etc, etc.

No thanks, this topic has already been discussed and keeps being a bad idea.

Deleted
    This'll never work. Next.

Quote Originally Posted by Naaren View Post
    I really like the idea and I honestly don't understand why Blizzard hasn't implemented it yet.
    It's not like they don't have the tech to monitor each player's performance.
    They dont have the tech to monitor and automatically decide in real time a players performance.

Meters =/= performance.

Nobody in LFR would ever get loot then. I like it.

How do you track tank's performance? Healers?