Page 12 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Go for 2nd Wind. Shield Barrier + "nerfed" souldrinker should still be enough to survive. Maybe stack Staminatrinkets so the base-absorb is high enough, since vengeance doesn't stack that high in P1 and P2.

What I liked with IV is that I have way more dps in P1/P2. I could spam FH during almost the whole p1 and just IV each time I reached 80% or if an Infest was coming.
    Also, I enjoyed soloing something without Second Wind.

Just did earth wind and fire as 491 fury.
    Key to this fight is abusing emalons adds. since he respawns them each time an add dies you can abuse vicotry rush to keep yourself alive. I damaged emalon to about 50% and starting kiting him to koralon while killing his adds and healing on his adds with vr.
    Damage koralon to about 25% while all the time healing yourself on the adds (watch for the exploding one).
    When you reach archavon its just a matter of you or them. You should have Die by the sword ready and just blow all you cds. but still focus on the adds because second wind wont be enough. didnt use any consumables, but a heal pot. harder then i thought.

So whats the tactic for instructor raz in 10man naxx?

Blow everything you have and hope he dies before you do. keep die by the sword for when u get low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tóny View Post
    So whats the tactic for instructor raz in 10man naxx?

well first go prot and kill him i soloed him in both 10 and 25 man as prot in mostly pvp gear.i like to start off by dpsing raz then kill one of his adds get a VR and use it for the heal,you can do that 4 times? "once for each add" then just slowly dps raz down,2nd wind and cd will keep you up if you play right.

To the people who have soloed Brutallus, I understand you did it as protection but what was your average ilvl when you finally killed him? I'm using a mix of tank+dps gear but was brought low at 44% with stacks around 11 or 12. Here's my warrior's armory. I know I'm missing enchants and such but wasn't expecting to need them for the fight. Plus I don't see how enchants will cover the last 44%.

Unrelated: Still haven't run Twin Emps with Sulfuras/Shadowmourne since someone else already mentioned the Shadowmourne proc worked to get Vek'lor to drop loot. I probably just had the unfortunate luck that when my Elemental Force procced, it never hit Vek'lor but adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    To the people who have soloed Brutallus, I understand you did it as protection but what was your average ilvl when you finally killed him? I'm using a mix of tank+dps gear but was brought low at 44% with stacks around 11 or 12. Here's my warrior's armory. I know I'm missing enchants and such but wasn't expecting to need them for the fight. Plus I don't see how enchants will cover the last 44%.

Unrelated: Still haven't run Twin Emps with Sulfuras/Shadowmourne since someone else already mentioned the Shadowmourne proc worked to get Vek'lor to drop loot. I probably just had the unfortunate luck that when my Elemental Force procced, it never hit Vek'lor but adds.
    Don't know what my ilvl was, but clearly you should be able to do it with your current gear, I don't really have an ilvl higher than yours right now.
    Didn't try it in dps spec but in prot spec the strat is really simple. Just make sure you can cast a Shield Barrier each time it casts Meteor Slash, keep your cooldowns for the last Meteor Slashs. Make sure you're hit/exp hard-capped and you should probably use as much dps gear as possible.
    I may fraps it soon since many people have trouble with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Don't know what my ilvl was, but clearly you should be able to do it with your current gear, I don't really have an ilvl higher than yours right now.
    Didn't try it in dps spec but in prot spec the strat is really simple. Just make sure you can cast a Shield Barrier each time it casts Meteor Slash, keep your cooldowns for the last Meteor Slashs. Make sure you're hit/exp hard-capped and you should probably use as much dps gear as possible.
    ^^^ What Senen said - I was @ about ilvl 480 in full dps gear with a blue shield and blue axe (I have 2H's only, 1h's never want to drop) - prot spec - and had no issues on both occasions. I cleared up to KJ to get Legendary bows on both my hunter and my GF's hunter (yep, 2 kills, 2 legendary's). I have yet to go back to try for the 2H off KJ, I will at some point.

Brutallus gets soloable as fury without consumables at about itemlvl 488. did it with my 491 this week without much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    My issue is probably not being hard-capped on hit and expertise then. Might fix that if I ever want to get another Thoridal on my warrior.

Managed to clear:
    BoT up untill Cho'Gall (Got him to around 40% before the stacks got too high) on 10n
    Firelands Alysrazor and Rhyolith. Got Shannox to 5% and Beth'Tilac to 60% in phase2.

Only had a few hours to try, Shannox is quite easy once you learn to reset stacks correctly, but Beth seems un doabble, as you don't have even close to enough dps to kill her in last phase.

Will go back tomorrow and kill Shannox and then see how DS is looking.

All figths done speced as prot with 505Dps gear (Warriorsarri Alonsus EU)
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    BoT up untill Cho'Gall (Got him to around 40% before the stacks got too high) on 10n
    Firelands Alysrazor and Rhyolith. Got Shannox to 5% and Beth'Tilac to 60% in phase2.
    I haven't tried him yet but I'm surprised you stacks this high. You start p2 with 0 stack, right?

Will go back tomorrow and kill Shannox and then see how DS is looking.
    With as much gear, Morchok should be doable I think. Yor'sahj is easy.
    I didn't try anything else since Zon'ozz trashs grabbed me and sent me out of the map, making me disctonnect and die.
    I'm pretty sure Zon'ozz is doable. Ultraxion and Blackhorn, Spine andMadness may be too depending on how much dps you can deal.
    I'm not sure if Hagara is doable. I wanted to try a strat, but I'm pretty sure it won't work and i don't think that 505 ilvl is enough for Mione's strat.

Deleted
    :O an i thought killing MC by myself was something great :<

I haven't tried him yet but I'm surprised you stacks this high. You start p2 with 0 stack, right?
    Shannox is quite easy if you got enough Dps. I usualy went to around 20-30stacks befor I reset, and I entered phase2 with 5-8stacks. As long as you have some sort of CD, and Second wind you can't realy die.

I'm not sure if Hagara is doable. I wanted to try a strat, but I'm pretty sure it won't work and i don't think that 505 ilvl is enough for Mione's strat.
    I think Hagara could be doable, if you can do enough damage to skip the lightning phase, as I can think of any way to chain it alone (May work with banners but I'm quite sure it won't). Will still try it, but won't get my hopes up.
    My Stream

I was talking about Cho'gall P2, sorry. But actually, my question was stupid, since P2 starts when Cho'gall is below 25%. -_-

I think Hagara could be doable, if you can do enough damage to skip the lightning phase, as I can think of any way to chain it alone (May work with banners but I'm quite sure it won't). Will still try it, but won't get my hopes up.
    Actually, there may be some tricks.
    Last edited by Senen; 2012-12-29 at 03:44 PM.

Earth, Wind & Fire as Arms.

Done 8 days ago in first try as arms, so it should be np as fury in way worse gear.
    25man should be possible at some point during this xpac, if they don't nerf 2nd wind :E

Shannox down aswell. Realy easy figth once you learn how manny stacks you can take, and how to reliabbly reset your stacks.

Morchok is doable, but he is not a walk in the park. got him to around 10% befor he hit my with stomp.

You need 56k+ dps if you want to beat the enrage, and we can't soak the stomps without major Cds, so we have to outrange the majority them. Mechanic wise it's an easy figth, but the stomps are quite RNG, as even if you keep strafing with the boss you migth get hit by it.

If you put the time down, and have the gear he will go down eventualy.

Regarding other bosses in DS. Anyone have downed Zon'ozz with a warrior? Can't seem to get enough stacks on the boss to beat the enrage timer, still a good 40% away from a kill, and I can't get the stacks any higher without dying.

Speeking of that, what bosses has been downed by warriors this far? Mainly wondering about cata and uppwards, the OP seems to not have been uppdated with the last few pages worth of kills.
    My Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertenia View Post
    :O an i thought killing MC by myself was something great :<

You've got to start somewhere.

Deleted
    How do you guys get past the Airborne Waves in Hyjal Summit with all the Gargoyles and the Frost Wyrm?