Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Fury Warrior Crit Problems and More!

Hi Guys..
    -So yeah, lemme start out with linking my armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gebar/advanced

My problem is me reaching decent crit 21%+. I look at same if not lower ilvl warriors have more crit than me. and it bugs me out...
    -In Dragon Soul i was always top dps. I know my class and it hurts, when im not that competitive anymore.. I personally blame my crit for being it.

I have thought of buying Xuen, but loosing 900crit even though CCCC is crap, i just dont know if its worth it..

Also, i think i have tried almost anything so if you guys have any tips that helped you. Let me know

I approximately do around 65-75k dps on normal bosses (HoF10,MSV10,ToES10) and around 120k on elegon10.
    I feel bad for my low dps since my guild was like in need of me in whole cata bcus of my good dps. But here its different.

So yeah, any help would be appriciated.

Deleted
    Full crit gems

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ary View Post
    Full crit gems
    As u see, i pretty much have that already

Deleted
    missing 5 gems, thats 800 raitng, tho helm one is good as it is, gives u more than just a plain 320 crit gem, ur call :P when you have all pieces with crit or reforged into crit, its only gems that will give u more crit, or getting the upgraded version of the item ( hc>n>lfr ).

I do gem all crit, before I had gems like you do, mix stats, or str+stat but changed that long ago and pretty happy with it, while I dont like using pieces that have no crit as a base stat, it pretty much doesnt hurt as much with crit gems

Deleted
    missing 5 gems, thats 800 raitng, ur call :P when you have all pieces with crit or reforged into crit, its only gems that will give u more crit, or getting the upgraded version of the item ( hc>n>lfr ).

I do gem all crit, before I had gems like you do, mix stats, or str+stat but changed that long ago and pretty happy with it, while I dont like using pieces that have no crit as a base stat, it pretty much doesnt hurt as much with crit gems
    So you reckon me to gem full crit in everything? so, doesnt matter with 120str bonus? or

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripfull View Post
    So you reckon me to gem full crit in everything? so, doesnt matter with 120str bonus? or
    To me its noticeable, and I probably will keep it =)

In armory: sunstrider Âry ( cant post links atm :P )

Deleted
    To me its noticeable, and I probably will keep it =)

In armory: sunstrider Âry ( cant post links atm :P )
    Well u have like crazy better gear than i do..
    - but u will agree that with 21% and more crit is a big dps increase right?

Deleted
    Sure, it's a pretty common mark that people aim for, 21-22

Deleted
    So would i be okay with replacing CCCC with Xuen, and how much of an increase is it? (just worried about crit)

Xuen is way better than CCCC. If you are worried about your crit, try using good gear with lots of crit on it instead of crappy gear with haste. I recommend looking into Bloodforged Warfists, Conquest legs, exalted Golden Lotus neck, VP shoulders, VP/Conq Bracer and rings and maybe a crafted DPS chest of some kind. It's also worth noting that out of the almost 3% crit you can get from race/profession combos, you have 0, which means you'll have a harder time keeping crit at an acceptable level.

On top of what Mataru mentioned, the tier chest would be a massive upgrade for you, creating or buying Ghost Reaver's Gauntlets would be another cheap upgrade, and trying for even LFR Dread Shadow Ring to go with the VP ring would rake in even more crit for you.

And finally, replacing Elegion with Scimitar (Or Kilrak with LFR Scimitar, until you get the sha gem) would be another easy 320 crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripfull View Post
    Gem either crit-hit (Greens) pure crit (Yellows) or str/crit in most cases. First a term: SEP (strength equivalence point, the unit of measurement for comparing gear. Basically, its the amount of secondary stats one would require in order to equal 1 strength, in relation to DPS gain. The SEP of various secondary stats can vary wildly, based on gear level, weapons, fight, talents, etc.) The SEP of crit at some gear levels is over 1, meaning 1 point of crit is better than 1 of strength. In a case like that'd you'd have to do the math to see if losing the socket bonus is worth it. Take tier legs. It's a red socket, with a +60 strength bonus. Using a pure crit gem gains us 320 crit, nothing else. Now, I'm going off what crit was worth on my last sim, which was basically 1.2 strength. So 320 times 1.2=384 SEP. A 80 strength 160 crit gem gets the socket bonus, for 140 strength and 160 crit. 160 times 1.2 plus 140= 332 SEP. In this case, the socket bonus is not worth meeting.

For gear with crit on it, you can look at mine. I think every piece (except relic) has crit on it, even though I'm gemmed for arms ATM.

Also, get Xuen. It's 956 strength with a 2800'ish strength proc with roughly a 30% uptime.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2012-12-27 at 10:00 AM.

Well your neck, shoulders, chest, bracers, legs, ring all lack crit so it's no wonder you're low on crit. Options would be golden lotus exalted neck or the one from garalon, vp or ambershaper shoulders, garalon or crafted chest, vp ring, ring from tsulong or from klaxxi exalted.

Complaining about low crit while more the half of your gear doesn't have any seems silly just get gear with crit.

Deleted
    Well first of all, im not exalted with the factions yet (doing em now, with halfway through friendly with golden lotus)
    - And all of the LFR things etc. i am trying already, but the drop chance shit system blizzard has going on it's hard (i use coins for tier chest, but didnt get it this week)

I asked for tips, and as u know, i cant control drop rates

I got that crit problem too (ilvl491). Simcraft tells me hit till 7,5%=exp till 7,5%>str>crit>mastery>hit after 7,5%>haste.
    that leaves me with the following stats:
    Hit: 10,42%
    Exp: 7.57% (cant get closer)
    crit: 19,27%
    mastery: 15,23%
    haste: 6,23%

the last item upgrades cost me about 1% crit and got me massivly overcapped on hit. i use reforgelite to reforge and gem mostly crit depending on socket color. i could maybe get a little bit more crit when i use pure crit gems on all slots but that wont even push me to 20% so shouldnt change much. thing is: i still trust simcraft on that one. i just have a lot of hit on my gear and if a piece of egar has crit and hit it can only reforge the hit to mastery oder exp. and since hit is still better then haste after the cap it isnt all that bad to be overcapped. but i will change my gems because i just realisied that the hit on my gems decreased heavily in value because of me being overcapped. normally i gem for socketbonus and reforge for caps but that doesnt work.
    long story short:
    every secondary stat has a value which increases as you gain more of the other stats. you can see that best on mastery vs crit. the more crit you have the better gets mastery. so blindly trying to just reach as much crit as you can isnt the best idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kakihara View Post
    I got that crit problem too (ilvl491). Simcraft tells me hit till 7,5%=exp till 7,5%>str>crit>mastery>hit after 7,5%>haste.
    that leaves me with the following stats:
    Hit: 10,42%
    Exp: 7.57% (cant get closer)
    crit: 19,27%
    mastery: 15,23%
    haste: 6,23%

the last item upgrades cost me about 1% crit and got me massivly overcapped on hit. i use reforgelite to reforge and gem mostly crit depending on socket color. i could maybe get a little bit more crit when i use pure crit gems on all slots but that wont even push me to 20% so shouldnt change much. thing is: i still trust simcraft on that one. i just have a lot of hit on my gear and if a piece of egar has crit and hit it can only reforge the hit to mastery oder exp. and since hit is still better then haste after the cap it isnt all that bad to be overcapped. but i will change my gems because i just realisied that the hit on my gems decreased heavily in value because of me being overcapped. normally i gem for socketbonus and reforge for caps but that doesnt work.
    long story short:
    every secondary stat has a value which increases as you gain more of the other stats. you can see that best on mastery vs crit. the more crit you have the better gets mastery. so blindly trying to just reach as much crit as you can isnt the best idea.
    Well, if u check my armory now, i switched all my gems to crit and got some crit items. I was 17.89% crit before this post. And believe it or not, i am 21% crit now unbuffed. Check my armory in the top of post, i just logged out it's amazing

Deleted
    Straight up: gear doesn't look that bad now. It's a rotation/cd usage that's holding you down. Dancing steel would help if you can afford it.

I briefly checked a few logs on you and there's definately room for improvement. For instance only 1 recklessness on a 6 min fight and such. Same goes for Blooodbath. You sometimes delay it so much that you miss 1 or 2 uses on certain fights. Maybe you had a break and came back a little rusty? I would recommend to read some worldoflogs guides. You can find your own logs at wow-heroes.com and then compare with "better" warriors if you manage to use the tool correctly.

OP, have you considered using PvP (483 ilvl gear)? It's has two stats (unlike past pieces) and there is normally something with crit on the piece. You can see my armory I am still using PvP pants due to shear amount of crit on them. I also used a ring and boots for a while. I do realize my gear is a bit higher ilvl, and I have just about crit on every piece and add to the fact I'm TG currently due to weapon drops.

I know I was told/read to aim for at least 23% crit pre-buffs as TG and around 21% for SMF before buffs to be ideal. Another thing I know that helped me was using TellMeWhen to track when I was enraged and not to clip my enrages when using Berserker Rage.

Runihura - US Stormreaver (wouldn't let me link b/c I am still new)

There is no magic crit% treshold. You don't need 15%, 20%, 21%, 23%, or any other arbitrary bullshit amount. You wear the best gear you can get, which will largely have crit on it, and your stats end up where they end up. You don't "shoot for" any specific amount. There is no special breakpoint. Every single expansion, there's idiots going on and on about magic numbers for one stat or another that simply don't exist.

While I agree to Xanthan to a point. It is true that TG requires more crit than SMF. It is the matter of an issue where below the 23-21% I mentioned arms would be better if you are lacking crit for most fights w/ no cleave (at least from my raiding experiences that holds true).

Noticed I said "aim" for nothing about getting a magic number and boom your dps is fixed as you imply with "magical numbers".