Deleted

shadow priest need a buff in pvp

first of all why does we dont have any burst cds and why can you dispel wamp touch i feel like i am the only caster that can get um besides healers.

then second why dont priest have any mobillity i mean nearly all classes can kite us and we are being raped by all melee classes why can other classes cast while moving maybe if blizz did so we could move while casting mf we could kite and get a bit space to melee classes

Quote Originally Posted by fishymindz View Post
    first of all why does we dont have any burst cds and why can you dispel wamp touch i feel like i am the only caster that can get um besides healers.

then second why dont priest have any mobillity i mean nearly all classes can kite us and we are being raped by all melee classes why can other classes cast while moving maybe if blizz did so we could move while casting mf we could kite and get a bit space to melee classes
    How does one kite a ranged DPS?

Godcomp is still one of the strongest 3s comp. If something, SP's should get nerfed.
    Hi

Deleted
    I have heard that Spriest is very good in MoP o.O

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't tell if troll...

Anyways, spriests are great in pvp as they are, they have some of the biggest burst dps.

Search : "Vanguards 2400+ 3v3 Lose and Win" and it'll be the first youtube video

fast forward to 1:50 and watch vanguards drop in a smoke bomb

Yeah? .. what are you smoking? Shadow is very effective in pvp an the problems you describe sound more like a complete failure to understand the class or ranged dps. If you cant make shadow work I believe the problem is you. Yes you are even bad at being a troll too.

Quote Originally Posted by fishymindz View Post

Shadow priests are very strong in pvp atm. Maybe you should just learn not to jump into the face of the warrior.

As another asked. how do you kite a ranged, because i really would like to do that against BM hunters, and i don't know how :P

Yeah. Melee hurts. DKs should shred you, and warriors kills everything. But you still kill most others, so they're in a fine spot. Specially together with other players:P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Shadow priests are very strong in pvp atm. Maybe you should just learn not to jump into the face of the warrior.

As another asked. how do you kite a ranged, because i really would like to do that against BM hunters, and i don't know how :P

Yeah. Melee hurts. DKs should shred you, and warriors kills everything. But you still kill most others, so they're in a fine spot. Specially together with other players:P
    Since apparently you and everyone else play with a mage I'll let you in on a little secret, when you don't have a mage to snare for you people can just walk away and every other class in the game moves faster and has abilities to cover ground that we don't. Its not kiting its simply walking away so that I cant get in range of them, fleeing any time they want because you cant stop them. Our only snare requires we stop moving while, although slowed, they are still moving out of range. Our root and fear are melee range and our psyfiend cant even cast on someone before they get out of 20 yard range if they aren't polyd on top of it. Priests are good, as a defensive aid to a mage and to fill in gaps in layered CC with abilities that don't otherwise work well on their own. And now that our defensive capability is severely limited with the double nerf to our healing output putting it at half of what it was going into the xpac it really hurts not having a mage and playing the aptly named "Godcomp". It would be nice if they didn't balance us around other classes abilities but then again they already don't even keep a third of rated pvp balanced.

Whoever said anything about shadow having amazing burst, we have less burst then any other caster WHEN we have our one real dps CD up our procs are pooled and don't get dispelled and we have at least 30 seconds of setup. If you think that's crazy you should probably rethink life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    How does one kite a ranged DPS?
    What the previous speaker said, you kite the priest so he cant root/fear cuz they are in melee, or they run away of range/LoS without a problem when you want to burst him and we can't do shit about it. The only way to kill a smart mage is to save the psyfiend to behind the crates so he cant evocate heal if you play 2s without a mage. And yet again psyfiend sucks balls and get killed before it gets the fear off.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    Since apparently you and everyone else play with a mage I'll let you in on a little secret, when you don't have a mage to snare for you people can just walk away and every other class in the game moves faster and has abilities to cover ground that we don't. Its not kiting its simply walking away so that I cant get in range of them, fleeing any time they want because you cant stop them. Our only snare requires we stop moving while, although slowed, they are still moving out of range. Our root and fear are melee range and our psyfiend cant even cast on someone before they get out of 20 yard range if they aren't polyd on top of it. Priests are good, as a defensive aid to a mage and to fill in gaps in layered CC with abilities that don't otherwise work well on their own. And now that our defensive capability is severely limited with the double nerf to our healing output putting it at half of what it was going into the xpac it really hurts not having a mage and playing the aptly named "Godcomp". It would be nice if they didn't balance us around other classes abilities but then again they already don't even keep a third of rated pvp balanced.

Whoever said anything about shadow having amazing burst, we have less burst then any other caster WHEN we have our one real dps CD up our procs are pooled and don't get dispelled and we have at least 30 seconds of setup. If you think that's crazy you should probably rethink life.
    This, this and this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post

This post was just a pointless whine. Every class in the game is better when playing with a mage. Priest provide the support, big support. They do require set up, but the fact is that you are able to live long enough to have that set up. Some classes die as soon as they are on target. I don't really get what you really want more out of this class they are in the top ratings for pvp, they have a high skill cap, and they fun to play. Why don't you p go play 3s with a WWmonk or a ele shammy and see how "fun" they are.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess playstyle wise Monks and ele are hilarious and fun, to be any good in arena is a second thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    This post was just a pointless whine. Every class in the game is better when playing with a mage. Priest provide the support, big support. They do require set up, but the fact is that you are able to live long enough to have that set up. Some classes die as soon as they are on target. I don't really get what you really want more out of this class they are in the top ratings for pvp, they have a high skill cap, and they fun to play. Why don't you p go play 3s with a WWmonk or a ele shammy and see how "fun" they are.
    Right, that makes sense your two specs are worse than mine so its unfair for me to complain about needing a mage and not having one. Clearly they can't balance all three better, I mean its cool resto and enhance shaman aren't very good and neither are monks of any spec so I get why you brought it up shadow doesn't need changes because disc and holy are both so good right now I can just go do those.

my point was that they can easily make three changes that would make us work less well with mages but more effective on our own or with melee that don't synergize as well as mages

1) give us a usable snare and I don't care how they do it if they make mind flay usable while on the move or if they add a new button
    2) Make psychic horror not have to have orbs to cast its just clunky and you can't use it when you most need it or when you do sometimes you have to completely throw away your setup of good damage. There's a hundred ways they could change it but at least make it not NEED an orb to work somewhat and if they want to make it less good so it can work more fluidly and not be overpowered make it a stun not horrify so it DRs with deep etc
    3) real dispel protection because VT is not UA and never has been anywhere near as threatening especially since it ticks for less than nothing(also fix VT not giving mana on absorbed ticks, tired of being forced oom by anyone with any shield who knows about it)

Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    I guess playstyle wise Monks and ele are hilarious and fun, to be any good in arena is a second thing.
    sure thing, but, really, don't ele players want to be on par with SP's? I've played SP and Ele and SP has quite better surviving and utility.
    But Ele just looks and feels better, imho.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartungar View Post
    sure thing, but, really, don't ele players want to be on par with SP's? I've played SP and Ele and SP has quite better surviving and utility.
    But Ele just looks and feels better, imho.
    I fully agree. Ele feels alot smoother, but just misses out on things shadow has, while shadow feels les smooth imo cus of the clunky shadow orbs. Aren't eles getting some love in 5.2?

Shamanistic rage is being available for ele shams. It's not huge but it's something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Shamanistic rage is being available for ele shams. It's not huge but it's something.
    Shamanistic Rage for Ele Shamans (combined with access to its glyph) is actually Amazing news for ele competitiveness in pvp. It may even make them too good. That gives them 15/60s at 30% damage reduction in addition to Astral Shift as defensive cooldowns. Then you have Elemental Mastery dropping from 2 minute cooldown to 1 minute cooldown, which will sync perfectly with the new pvp trinkets - that's also awesome news for ele competitiveness. Then you have minor changes, like Flame Shock lasting 25% longer and healing for 50% of the damage it deals, elementals dealing 20% more damage, stone bulwark totem absorbing 25% more damage. All in all, elementals survivability is going up massively, and the frequency of their burst window is pretty much doubling.

The biggest change in all that though is Shamanistic Rage, a 60s cooldown damage reduction ability that lasts for 15 seconds is a massive buff - its useable while stunned, and the glyph removes all magic effects on use. This means if you get HoJ'd, you can pop this to not only reduce the damage, but remove the HoJ and any other magical effects on you (roots, snares, etc).

Because its a physical effect, it can also be used while Silenced to remove the silence (but only magical silences, so Garrote is exempt as its a physical silence). Lots of ways to use it, (1) Silence/Stun trinket on half the trinket cooldown with no linked ICD, or (2) long-lasting and short cooldown damage reduction cooldown that would greatly penalize a team for swapping to you (you can't just wait it out for 15s, but you probably won't score a kill through 30% reduction), (3) if fighting against something like a spriest or mage (or shatterplay, etc) you can wait for them to set up their burst (frost bomb/deep freeze/dots/DP) and then Shamanistic Rage to dispel all the dots, frost bomb, and prevent the shatter - that's Amazing.

More to the OP's point, I fully agree with Vicarious. I think most pvp spriests would happily accept a nerf to spriest/fmage synergy if it came with improvements that kept us viable if partnering with other classes. As it stands, 95% of 2200+ spriests play with either an fmage (about 80%) or an arms warrior (about 15%, and falling since the avatar nerf - this comp only really worked because warriors were OP though, so everything worked with warriors pre-nerf). Above 2400, spriests pretty much Must play with a frost mage - which is just silly - nobody wants to be dependent on finding a quality player of a specific spec or be useless in arenas (which is pretty much how shadow works right now). I get that Shamans are hardly sympathetic of another class lacking arena synergy - since they very rarely have good synergy themselves - but if you put aside jealousy that shadow works in a comp right now where ele doesn't (yet, in 5.2 they may be awesome) - you should be sympathetic to our plight, not dimissive - we suffer a fate you know well, and nobody deserves to have no synergy.

As for ele synergy next patch. I highly recommend something like Hpal or Rdruid or Mistweaver + Ele + Shadow or Fmage or Affliction Lock or Feral or Boomy. Between healer defensive dispels, mass dispels, unbound will and sear magic, tremor totem and shamanistic rage - these comps could have great CC prevention, with an Fmage or Aff Lock you could have very high CC output, with a DD Druid you could have huge burst windows and excellent map control on Blade's Edge and Dalaran (multiple knockbacks). Personally, I'd try Hpal + Ele + Boomy, or Rdruid + Ele + Shadow, or any of those healers + Ele + Fmage.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I'd really like to see resto druid ele sham spriest make a comeback it was extremely effective at the end of wrath if played well and if I remember correctly talbadar used to run this comp, it was a lot of fun because it had so much survivability and off-healing although the off-healing is proportionally much lower now the survivability CC and map control have gone up across the board for them. (resto druids having solar beam from symbiosis and ursol's vortex + typhoon to go with it is really good)
    Last edited by Vicarious; 2013-01-01 at 11:38 AM.

I find shadow priests to still be easily the strongest non-mage caster, just like in Cataclysm. No buffs are needed.