15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    How the fuck do you screw up a simple drug test in professional sports? I'm blown away by dissapointed over the NFL.
    Happens all the time. Hell last year Ryan Braun, the freaking MVP of the NL, tested positive and got off due to a sampling procedure error in which the tester had to take the sample home for the weekend because Fedex was closed (which is the freaking procedure they are supposed to use). Got off with no suspension. Players are protected by their agreements with the league through the union requiring specific methods be observed and the NFL guy testing Sherm fucked it up simple as that. Who knows if he really tested positive (I'd bet he did), but once the procedure is flawed its over. You'd think they would just come back the next day or later that same day and get another sample though if there was a procedural issue. It isn't like people take pisses once per season.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Perhaps the stats will tell another tale -- I haven't looked at them -- but when I watched TEBOW play (aka not their defense helping him), he was horrible. I'll reserve my judgment, I suppose, after you supply some stats, since you seem to have an uncanny ability to pull stats out that support your argument, but, again, from what I've seen from Tebow, I wouldn't feel comfortable starting him.
    Tebow's stats after playing 16 full games had a pretty low completion rating, but 17 TD's to 9 INT's and a winning record and a relatively high completion rating for longer passes. Let's not forget that some of the games where Denver lost badly their defense wasn't exactly playing top-knotch (4+ passing opposition TD's, none of which the result of a Denver turnover, rings a bell).

I mean when he's bad he's bad, and needs a full supporting cast to truly be successful, but given the opportunity he can make things happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    How the fuck do you screw up a simple drug test in professional sports? I'm blown away by dissapointed over the NFL.
    People are now wondering about Browner and if he had a case. Browner is a repeat offender. Drug history + suspended in the CFL. Hes tested every 3 days or something crazy.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Bills only have to pay for 16% of their new stadium renovations? Fucking really? I fucking hate this country sometimes. The Bills held the city by the balls and demanded a huge ransom to keep them in town. So Buffalo ponies up the vast bulk of the bills (lolpun) and yet the Bills can still leave after year 7 if they really want to. This culture where billionaires don't have to pay a significant amount of money for the offices that host their company is bullshit. Capitalism baby.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The Bills only have to pay for 16% of their new stadium renovations? Fucking really? I fucking hate this country sometimes. The Bills held the city by the balls and demanded a huge ransom to keep them in town. So Buffalo ponies up the vast bulk of the bills (lolpun) and yet the Bills can still leave after year 7 if they really want to. This culture where billionaires don't have to pay a significant amount of money for the offices that host their company is bullshit. Capitalism baby.
    They are also non profit organizations who dont pay corp taxes. How the nfl got this into law makes me think there were a lot of season tickets and luxury boxes given away.

http://www.nonprofitquarterly.org/po...e-welfare.html

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait a tick, why exactly am I supporting starting a non-turnover prone QB who might be almost okay over starting the worst QB in the league this year for the Jets game? I freaking picked up the Bills defense for exactly that reason in our fantasy final this week lol. I need Sanchize to show up and be terrible like always. I'm glad they are playing him and not Teblow.

So how many coaches are gone after this season? Have to think Andy Reid and Norv Turner are gone for sure. Maybe Rex Ryan and Ken Wisenhunt. This was Romeo Crennel's first full year in KC, but they were the worst team in the league. Chan Gailey could be gone, so could Mike Munchak in Tennessee. Most of the first year coaches were pretty awful actually, but they usually get more than a year to prove themselves.

So if I put the over/under at 5.5, who takes the under?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    So how many coaches are gone after this season?
    For sure:
    Andy Reid
    Romeo Crennel
    Absolutely should be but its the fucking Chargers:
    Norv Turner
    50/50:
    Chan Gailey
    Rex Ryan
    Ken Wisenhunt
    Whoever is the Raiders coach
    Pat Shurmur
    Mike Munchek
    Ron Rivera
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    So if I put the over/under at 5.5, who takes the under?
    I would be taking the over on that.

Gonna give rex a pass on this one. He stated sanchez had great results (48 pts) vs buffalo and knows their defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Head Coach will probably be there, offensive coach is going to get the boot though.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    ESPN just popped up a graphic about Russell Wilson before their little puff piece on him. Since week 6, Wilson has not only been the best rookie QB, he has been the best QB in the ENTIRE NFL period. His QBR is better than Manning who has been shredding people. His 23TD/6INT is better than anyone this side of Tom Brady. God I love Russell Wilson. One more game and I owe myself a Wilson home jersey.

There's a columnist on ESPN (Bill Simmons) who's basically the only sportswriter on the planet worth reading. At the start of the season he ranked the top 13 QBs that he thought were going to make the most impact this season and his number 1 pick was... Russell Wilson. And he picked the Seahawks to get the Super Bowl. In hindsight I can't decide if that was genius on his part or pure luck considering he said Joe Flacco would make more of an impact than Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck and Drew Brees.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...erbacks-league

There's the article.

For sure:
    Andy Reid
    Romeo Crennel
    Absolutely should be but its the fucking Chargers:
    Norv Turner
    50/50:
    Chan Gailey
    Rex Ryan
    Ken Wisenhunt
    Pat Shurmur
    Mike Munchek
    Ron Rivera

I would be taking the over on that.
    Lovie Smith is 100% on that list. Its not a certainty but a lot of people want him gone and its likelyhood, especially if they miss the playoffs will be pretty high.

ESPN just popped up a graphic about Russell Wilson before their little puff piece on him. Since week 6, Wilson has not only been the best rookie QB, he has been the best QB in the ENTIRE NFL period. His QBR is better than Manning who has been shredding people. His 23TD/6INT is better than anyone this side of Tom Brady. God I love Russell Wilson. One more game and I owe myself a Wilson home jersey.
    Yeah, it's pretty insane. I'm not exactly surprised, though. He completely tore up people in college despite not having all the physical tools (aside from speed).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be amazed if Whisenhunt survived, he's supposed to be an offensive guy, and yet, look at what they've got, that superbowl appearance is looking real small in the rearview mirror, though I'm sure he can get an OC job with the Jets or something, since they are always looking to get worse

I'm interested to see if [many] teams makes a hard run at Bruce Arians, he had a record of 9-3 as interim head coach and has a good track record working with rookie QBs (Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck), he'd be a good fit for one of those teams ready to burn their previous coach and QBs in effigy and start over, and we've got a few of those

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    There's a columnist on ESPN (Bill Simmons) who's basically the only sportswriter on the planet worth reading. At the start of the season he ranked the top 13 QBs that he thought were going to make the most impact this season and his number 1 pick was... Russell Wilson. And he picked the Seahawks to get the Super Bowl. In hindsight I can't decide if that was genius on his part or pure luck considering he said Joe Flacco would make more of an impact than Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck and Drew Brees.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...erbacks-league

There's the article.
    Except he's wrong about everything else on that list. Tony Romo is off, Eli is in. Alex Smith number 4, and he's not even playing. Peyton at 13, with predictions he won't make a factor yet. Predicting Joe Flacco to have a career year, uh huh... He's got Cincy, Minnesota, and DENVER out of the playoffs.

He got lucky on a guess. Ever watch him on TV? I don't like him.

Deleted
    Pretty easy to get a good QBR if you don't throw the ball that often (Wilson has yet to break 3000 yards passed!). Alex Smith still has 104.1 QBR and he is gone? Russel Wilson has Lynch on his side, and has a very good defence that doesn't force him to play risky to catch a massive lead that they've allowed aswell.

I'm not saying Wilson is bad, but all the Seahawks fans giving Wilsom some sort Messiah status is getting somewhat out of hand!
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2012-12-28 at 12:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you get the official ones they are loads better than the shitty Reebok ones. Plus they are water resistant. I love mine. The feathers around the neck part looks awesome.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 04:14 PM ----------

Pretty easy to get a good QBR if you don't throw the ball that often. Alex Smith still has 104.1 QBR and has since been replaced. Russel Wilson still Lynch on his side, and has a very good defence that doesn't force him to play risky to catch a massive lead that they've allowed.
    Hes two away from breaking Peyton Mannings rookie TD record. He doesn't pass a lot compared to Luck, but he makes his throws when it counts, clearly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a die-hard Niner fan, have been since I was 7. And I have much respect for Seattle after that SNF, they are definitely a team to be reckoned with after watching that game. But I can't help but consider that they are still a completely different team when they're playing at home, and their record shows this. They can prove me wrong once they're on the road in the playoffs playing against competitive teams. Worst case scenario happens, if the 9ers lose I will be rooting for Seattle if they're still in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Except he's wrong about everything else on that list. Tony Romo is off, Eli is in. Alex Smith number 4, and he's not even playing. Peyton at 13, with predictions he won't make a factor yet. Predicting Joe Flacco to have a career year, uh huh... He's got Cincy, Minnesota, and DENVER out of the playoffs.

He got lucky on a guess. Ever watch him on TV? I don't like him.
    Simmons fucking sucks on TV. I turn that shit off whenever I see him. There's a reason he's a writer and not an analyst.