15+ Year Old Account
    That Forestry Beta I mentioned is out: http://t.co/kGKnfnFQ

It's not to be installed with your current world. It's only for testing/trying out. Do not use this with your normal world! Use a fresh install.

I will laugh at anyone who uses this with a non-testing world: http://bit.ly/12HSqeQ (1.6.5.0 Beta!) Showcase world: http://bit.ly/RTYhvs, Keep in mind: Most mods and addons with API integration will not work with this!
    I wont put this on the list. Please do not come back in a few hours with a broken world. You've been warned!

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 09:47 AM ----------

Updates later today. Gotta head out for a while. So much snow!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    That Forestry Beta I mentioned is out: http://t.co/kGKnfnFQ

It's not to be installed with your current world. It's only for testing/trying out. Do not use this with your normal world! Use a fresh install.

I wont put this on the list. Please do not come back in a few hours with a broken world. You've been warned!

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 09:47 AM ----------

Updates later today. Gotta head out for a while. So much snow!!
    So much hate for you right now..... I want snow so bad.... But yeah, will be checking it out later today.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not a lot of updates. I guess mod developers are taking a break.

Still, not bad for 1 week.

• Additional Buildcraft Objects Updated (Unofficial Port)
    • Logistics Pipes Updated
    • Soul Shards Updated

The Additional Buildcraft Objects download is labeled as an unofficial patch for 1.4.6. I have no idea if it will work correctly as I haven't tested it yet. If someone tests it and it doesn't work, let me know and I'll pull the link.

I haven't been able to reach the Forge site all day. So not word on that. Messaged cpw about it and he says it should be working. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    I just accessed the site. Still at 486.

Deleted
    Hey Guys, i dont know if this is the right spot for Showing off Ideas but I think i made very good Tunnelbore with RP2 if you wanna see it reply.. i have to post a few times till i can post Images/links..

I even made it so (i think) similar to Thug's Tunnelbore what was shown in the latest DW20 SMP LP EP 82, that it can chunkload itself and (maybe) refuel it self with Bluelectric .. ( i hope so im testing right now ) I can make it more like Thug's with a battery exchange system but i thught this should do it too.. ATM its very slow with recharging with 3 thermopiles..

hope you like ^^

ps: okay.. it cant move right now with the thermopiles and i dont know why.. so i have to make a batterie exchange system..

pss: now its fully working ... only problem water and lava source blocks creating cobble.. dont know how to solve that..
    Last edited by mmoc34ab3b4db9; 2012-12-27 at 09:13 PM.

Deleted
    Hey, have you guys noticed any changes to crouching behaviour. In my MC, if I use my "use item" action (normally right-click) I uncrouch (stand up) and it has become very hazardous if I'm building at cliffs and I miss-click.

If any of you have had this problem and have solved please let me know. If it's actually a feature then I suppose I'll learn to live with it.

Extra Relevant Info:
    the java libraries and natives packed with MC vanilla are not up to date, I use the latest downloadable version (2.8.5) from the LWJGL website. It's posible the latest version incorporates different behaviour.
    I don't use InvTweaks or NEI or any mod that modifies player behaviour that I know of.
    I think I'll update my Forge to 486 and try again

10+ Year Old Account
    Such a fantastic and detailed guide for Minecraft modding! Thanks so much!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I just accessed the site. Still at 486.
    Cool. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hanzo2001 View Post
    Hey, have you guys noticed any changes to crouching behaviour. In my MC, if I use my "use item" action (normally right-click) I uncrouch (stand up) and it has become very hazardous if I'm building at cliffs and I miss-click.

If any of you have had this problem and have solved please let me know. If it's actually a feature then I suppose I'll learn to live with it.
    Haven't noticed anything happening like that myself. Have you tried setting keybinds to default?

10+ Year Old Account
    So... am having a hard time finding copper now. I have found more diamonds than copper. I think something is messed up...... lol

15+ Year Old Account
    So... am having a hard time finding copper now. I have found more diamonds than copper. I think something is messed up...... lol
    Are you using the copper gen from my configs? It usually spawns at higher Y levels. Usually 65-40 area is a good place to find a lot. It's Buildcraft copper after all

Oh.. and here's a first look at some points I made from a demo I watched about the new Forestry Beta I posted earlier today. Remember it's very, very beta so do not install it in your current worlds. The API is broken and may bork things really bad.

Forestry Beta Info:

• Tree Breeding
    • Bees are used to polinate different varieties of trees.
    • Bees have new traits that influence how they will cross-polinate trees.
    • New Item -- Treealyzer.
    • Treealyzer adds the ability to analyze saplings with honey much as the Beealyzer works.
    • Bees have a chance to pollinate nearby trees giving a special leaf block that can be harvested for cross-breed saplings
    • More bees in range of trees=more chances for cross pollination.

More to come!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you using the copper gen from my configs? It usually spawns at higher Y levels. Ususally 65-40 area is a good place to find a lot. It's Buildcraft copper after all

Oh.. and here's a first look at some points I made from a demo I watched about the new Forestry Beta I posted earlier today. Remember it's very, very beta so do not install it in your current worlds. The API is broken and may bork things really bad.

Forestry Beta Info:

• Tree Breeding
    • Bees are used to polinate different varieties of trees.
    • Bees have new traits that influence how they will cross-polinate trees.
    • New Item -- Treealyzer.
    • Treealyzer adds the ability to analyze saplings with honey much as the Beealyzer works.
    • Bees have a chance to polinate nearby trees giving a special leaf block that can be harvested for cross-breed sapplings
    • More bees in range of trees=more chances for cross polination.

More to come!!
    Wow, that sounds kinda cool. Although I think I should start to try out the bee stuff. I have yet to touch any of it. Would help me get started when this makes it to release.

About the copper, I've been spending most of my time at sub level 15. So, hopefully I just missed it going down. I'll dig around in the 40-65 area to be sure I'm getting copper generated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that sounds kinda cool. Although I think I should start to try out the bee stuff. I have yet to touch any of it. Would help me get started when this makes it to release.

About the copper, I've been spending most of my time at sub level 15. So, hopefully I just missed it going down. I'll dig around in the 40-65 area to be sure I'm getting copper generated.
    yeah, it has less of a chance spawning at the low levels in my experience.

If you want to get into bee breeding I have two great guides for you. Should make the experience a lot easier.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...row-hopefully/
    http://hexflower.com/

I prefer the bottom link because it includes the extra bees bees

Good luck, and I pinged you on IRC but no love. Ping me back if you want. IRC name is same as forum. usually on.

Great thread overall, I've been following your updates almost daily with much anticipation! I wanted to suggest an essential mod we can't live without -- "fihgus Command Mods for Vanilla Servers" -- just updated for MC 1.4.6. We only use the Teleport Mod, which lets you "/setwarp cave1" and then "/warp cave". It also lets you type "/back" when you die, and it returns you to your death point. Especially useful on Vecchs Super Hostile maps! :-) But very useful for keeping the game flow going especially with multi-player.

Another really useful mod is the "Backpacks version 1.5.6" also for MC 1.4.6 -- which adds a reasonably-sized backpack crafted with 8 leather. For a large backpack you have to use lots of string (7 per tanned leather), two layers of leather to make tanned leather, baked in a furnace. Enough challenge to make it fairly hard to get, which seems fair. We find it useful especially the more ores and things there are, the faster your inventory fills up. And without ee3 alchemy bags we were quickly hitting the wall.

Lastly, we love the Metallurgy mods -- we have them all except the Utility Ores, with config tweaks to limit the copper/tin/silver duplicated from several other mods. There is some cool depth to the different ores -- some of the advanced ones require earlier metals just to mine them, and they offer enchantments by default which is really fun.

Also, having the different ores kind of compels us to create an automated pipeline to feed ores to a macerator, to a holding chest, to a compressor for some ores, with advanced wooden transport pipe for filtering (or something better/faster from RedPower2 we haven't learned yet.) The config tweaks are straightforward, and the ores play nicely with the Forge dictionary, and are IC2/BC/RP2 compatible. It does add some fun to cave raids with multiple players.

Thanks for introducing us to Twilight Forest! Very cool, though live roots are too strong I think.
    Last edited by jmw86069; 2012-12-28 at 04:13 AM. Reason: improved text formatting

15+ Year Old Account
    Config Pack updated to re-introduce the RP2 Ore Gen. After testing tonight by Greevir and myself we discovered a lack of copper/tin.

The new configs should fix this.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?88vhbv7k8mdze77
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-12-28 at 05:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, working pretty good now. Feels pretty balanced too. Sucks that my current explored area doesn't have copper/tin but it isn't a big deal anyways as I mostly use mystcraft for quarries.

Config Pack updated to re-introduce the RP2 Ore Gen. After testing tonight by Greevir and myself we discovered a lack of copper/tin.

The new configs should fix this.
    Fuzzie, you've got Item ID conflicts between Nuclear Control, Camera Craft, BCIC2 Crossover, and Steve's Carts. Not bad considering how many mods you're working with!

I don't know if you've checked out the Ars Magica mod yet, but it's pretty cool looking. Thaumcraft was based on the same system. Still in open beta though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mystcraft seems to have been updated but is having a lot of issues. I would avoid updating it atm.

Quote Originally Posted by hanzo2001 View Post
    Yes, hanzo, I had this happen to me awhile back. I believe it was actually after I updated my LWJGL. I just reverted back to the old version and now my MC works fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, it appears that 1.4.7 pre-release has released with a few bugfixes. There shouldn't be any issues with mods but I'd advise backing up your worlds in case.
    Last edited by Greevir; 2012-12-28 at 03:27 PM.