10+ Year Old Account

Win8 - Web pages fail to load every couple of attempts

Recently I upgraded both my gaming rig and htpc to Win8 Pro x64. Since then both machines fail to load web pages every 2-3 attempts.
    Specs for both machines are in my signature. After upgrading and activating both systems I wiped them and performed a clean install.
    I used the latest drivers from the motherboard manufactures and in some cases went to the individual components site. I didn't use the MS included Ethernet drivers.

Both machines are on wired connections. At fist I thought my router or modem might be having issues but it don't affect the smart tv(wired) or the 3rd pc running on a wireless connection with Win7. Forgot to mention it happens on IE, Chrome, and Firefox.

Hoping someone has a solution as I would really like to keep using 8.

For anyone interested I upgraded for cloud user accounts, storage spaces, and possible Angry Birds in Space.
    Last edited by lockblock; 2012-12-28 at 07:51 AM.

Deleted
    Can ping the websites you wish to access? (open cmd and type "ping google.com")

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran several pings on google.com with no packet loss. Latency is around 40-50ms every attempt.

Deleted
    Do you use desktop or modern-ui version of the browser ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't use internet explorer I just mentioned it because they all have the problem.

i also have this issue . . .that webpages 'break' every now and again . . .also running win 8 64 using chrome

Deleted
    it might seem strange but are the latest drives actually meant for win8? i had problems with some so i used old ones, (win8 prox x64and webpages working fine.)

Quote Originally Posted by LordDios View Post
    i also have this issue . . .that webpages 'break' every now and again . . .also running win 8 64 using chrome
    As much as I hate saying this, try disabling IPv6. It is enabled by default and your ISP may have a broken implementation that causes some odd errors:

www. techunboxed. com/2012/08/how-to-disable-ipv6-in-windows-8.html

spaces because I don't think I can post urls yet.

Please note, that at some point in the future you will want to re-enable this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't disable v6 without breaking homegroup. Though I can disable the dual-stack mode on my router.
    Last edited by lockblock; 2012-12-28 at 03:03 PM.