Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Agreed entirely. Not saying you're wrong. Manito would need to clarify but I'm pretty sure (as I was healing our first kill) we had Mages on it for Temporal Shield or something. I might be wrong though.

... Shows how much attention I pay to dps I guess

Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    Isn't Temporal Shield the reason for mages doing it Manito? I thought that was the reason we put Mages on it. It's a better safety net than Lock stuff I think? Not sure.
    Not at all. Besides, mage takes full dmg for the first 4 seconds (coz shield aint active at that point), and then after being "omg lets spamm him to full hp with loh/whatever cds" shield OVERHEALS us most of the time (me at least). In warlock's case if stuff is done right, shield won't even fall off the warlock by the time the getaway fades and even if it does fade, locks got billions ammount of selfheals(tier 1 talent) + mentioned already shieldwall.

But either way, the reason I say mages ain't really good target for that is coz the raid dps loss from doing this is higher than if warlock/hunter does it, while class difference doesn't matter at all on this one (i.e mages ain't better than warlocks/hunters regarding this duty). Thats just about it

In 10man is it possible to use a 3rd tank to hold high amount of stacks or will the dps demand not be met doing that. If there are any videos of a 10 man using 3 tanks I would like to see the, I think that would be interesting.

Deleted
    I've no idea if we're particularly unique, I assume not.

As 25man we just have our third (Animated Protector) tank do all the stacking, solo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ripperman View Post
    In 10man is it possible to use a 3rd tank to hold high amount of stacks or will the dps demand not be met doing that. If there are any videos of a 10 man using 3 tanks I would like to see the, I think that would be interesting.
    I would like to know this as well, any 10man guild having luck 3 tanking it?

Deleted
    On 25HC, we use 1 prot pala (3rd tank, only does stacks and tanking adds) and a mage doing the stacks, they just alternate between standing in more or less.
    I don't know the exact stacks etc but they do something in line of:
    Both starts outside until 5 stacks, prot pala goes in while mage stays out, after 15 or so secs they swap so the paladin goes out and mage goes in.
    The reason we swap "early" is to ramp up the damage a bit more, and incase we get hide, have none of them drop stacks (incase it takes longer than it should).

For those who don't get how the mechanic works:
    Everyone (including the boss) has a circle around them, if you stand inside the boss' circle you don't stack your own circle, if you stand outside the boss' circle you stack your own circle.
    Anyone standing inside another player's circle gets affected by that player's amount of stacks.
    We position like this:

Stairs to Sha

Q E
    ..X
    A D

Entrance

Where in the start we have two tanks tanking boss stand on Q and E, the raid stands on A and the person with stacks stands on D to only spread the debuffs to the boss.
    If the boss hides close to the Stairs to Sha, then we just flip it so tanks goes on A and D and the raid goes on Q and the person with stacks goes on E.

It's a really simple mechanic and fight.

Having that third person there with 20 stacks for the final push makes the fight pretty lulsy. It took us 8 attempts to kill it, and on the kill I think 4-5 people were dead near the end? That stack hoarding tank also grabs the adds and brings them near the edge of the ring so the tank can keep getting stacks and give the add 10-15 stacks of scary fog.

Easy peasy :P

10+ Year Old Account
    3 tanks in 10man is a waste. as with 2 tanks an 3 healers you have 5 DPS. each responsible for roughly 20% of the dmg (without counting tanks) means with 3 tanks you only have 4 DPS and one tank doing almost 0 damage the whole time. for what? 20 stacks for a brief time giving you exaclty those 20% damage you lose? not worth it IMHO.

better use 3 range DPS stacking.

We killed the boss yesterday managing the stacks was no problem after one day of training. Controlling the adds was more of a problem since you have one additional add compared to normal mode. Speaking of 10men here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    We killed the boss yesterday managing the stacks was no problem after one day of training. Controlling the adds was more of a problem since you have one additional add compared to normal mode. Speaking of 10men here.
    How did you handle the adds? Going to tackle that one Sunday and don't have a good add strategy yet.

That will depend on your raid comp. We had our hunter CC two adds, our warlock banish one and the boomkin used roots and hammer (symbiosis on retribution paladin) for the last one. If I had the time, I used frost shock with T2 talent (frozen power) and during that 5sec root, I can cast bind elemental.

Deleted
    For warlocks, speccing into Howl of Terror is also a pretty good means of controlling protectors. If nothing else, it serves as a great 'oh shit!' button if somebody breaks some CC or there is a loose add running around.

10+ Year Old Account
    our raid comp for lei-shi will be

tanks: druid / dk or warri / dk
    heal: disc / resto druid (or pala) / shaman
    stacks: warlock / mage / boomi (if hes not healing) / hunter (2 of those, dunno yet which one is best for handling the stacks)
    rest-dps: rogue / warrior (if hes not tanking) / feral / frost-dk

--

So I guess for CC we have Warrior AoE Fear / Warlock AoE Fear / Warlock Banish / Shaman Bind / Hunter (How can he CC two? Trap and Sting?)?

Not sure yet how to properly assign targets all the time. Spread out and target the closest? What about the stacks then, they surely can't move out of frog-zone and take stacks to cc and then move back in?
    For my currently it's more like how to tell ppl to play/cc their targets so it will always work. How did you guys do that?

In terms of Stack-DPS - not sure what classes I should bring. Have warlock, mage, boomi, hunter. I understand warlock and mage are nice for the zone-in (blink/teleport), but boomi and hunter takes reduced dmg?

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    That will depend on your raid comp. We had our hunter CC two adds, our warlock banish one and the boomkin used roots and hammer (symbiosis on retribution paladin) for the last one. If I had the time, I used frost shock with T2 talent (frozen power) and during that 5sec root, I can cast bind elemental.
    Was this on 10? If so, can you quickly go over how you did the rotation for the debuff?
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    We did it on 10man with a rdruid/warlock and never had more than 11 stacks. Wasn't really a problem

Deleted
    Even with rune of power it doesnt have a cd. Any proper mage can setup a new rune and blink to that location costing him at most 1 global and the cast time of 1 rune which is minor for the role you do. Also your scorch gives you proccs of AM, which if at 6 stacks is awesome so even during movement you are preparing your damage.

I dont get how its a significant damage loss? Then incanters absorbtion is nice but still not as effective as rune of power for arcane. The damage gain from incanters is nice however it doesnt compete with the mana gain from rune thus buffing ur mastery damage somewhat. The reach rune of power has is slightly outside of the animation even during the push u are able to keep 100% uptime on the buff durnig this phase. Ice barrier???

Deleted
    Hey Folks,
    we are going to work this boss on Sunday and I´m looking for some advice.
    It´s a 25 Man Raid.

Composit

DPS
    1 hunter
    1 mage
    1 dk
    2 shaman (1 ele, 1 enhance)
    1-2 rogues
    2 shadow priests
    1 pally
    2 war
    1 monk
    1 feral dudu
    1 moonkin
    2 warlocks (Stacking Scary Fog with their Shieldwall and Portals to the Boss)

Tanks
    1 dudu
    1 dk
    thinking about using a third Tank (Warri or Monk) for the Protecter and 20 Stacks of Scary Frog Method.

Healers
    1 monk (Raidheal)
    1-2 shaman (Raidheal)
    2 disc priest (Tankheal and Spritshell on Scary Fog Stackers)
    1 pally (Scary Fog Stack Healing/Beacon)
    1 dudu (Scary Fog Hot´s + Raidheal)

Now here are my questions:

Scary Fog
    Is the 3 Tank Method the easier one by now?
    How exactly would a stack rotation look like?
    Is it the 3rd Tank standing outside and carries till 20 Stacks, applies them on Protectors and waits till final push on boss with them, while the 2 Locks switch every 10 - 15 sec or so? When should be the first switch to maximise dps before the first boss ability?

Protect
    I read the 3 Warri Tauntbanner Kite Strat with Slows as well as the 3rd Tank tanking one while applying the huge amount of Stacks. Rest is cc´d with Banish, AoE Fear from Warri and Lock and Shamy Bind. Which strat can you recommend considering our setup and which CC´s did you find most easy to pull of?

What are your thoughts regarding our healcomposit and assigned tasks?

Any input is much appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much what you said sounds right. 2 locks + dk taking stacks. the locks are safe to about 15, but if they go to 20 it can get sketchy, the dk can be your 3rd tank, and keeping him up with 15-20 stacks shouldnt be nearly as hard. Banish/bind elementals and fear those who spawn on top of your healers before hard cc'ing them further away.

You'll get a feel for this fight very quickly, and IMO its nicer on HC than normal. With high stacks the special phases are much shorter so there are less 'oh fuck, I've just popped my CD!' moments, infact on HC, it doesn't really matter when you pop them, its much MUCH smoother.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by Karmasutra View Post
    Now here are my questions:

Scary Fog
    Is the 3 Tank Method the easier one by now?
    How exactly would a stack rotation look like?
    Is it the 3rd Tank standing outside and carries till 20 Stacks, applies them on Protectors and waits till final push on boss with them, while the 2 Locks switch every 10 - 15 sec or so? When should be the first switch to maximise dps before the first boss ability?

Protect
    I read the 3 Warri Tauntbanner Kite Strat with Slows as well as the 3rd Tank tanking one while applying the huge amount of Stacks. Rest is cc´d with Banish, AoE Fear from Warri and Lock and Shamy Bind. Which strat can you recommend considering our setup and which CC´s did you find most easy to pull of?

What are your thoughts regarding our healcomposit and assigned tasks?

Any input is much appreciated.
    We had a mage, moonkin and prot paladin take scary fog. The mage and moonkin would go to ~10 and then lose their stacks while the prot paladin went straight to 20. We didn't have our warlocks do it because we wanted them 100% focused on banishing their targets before someone got one shotted. The gist of the add phase is getting every fear in your raid on the adds as they spawn, then getting banish and bind elemental on specific marks. Stuns on the others until they're CC'd too. Once we got the CCs going out smoothly and got our highest stack of scary fog in for each Get Away the fight was just keeping the tanks up.

If a video helps here's ours http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRG3tVHzCxY

Deleted
    The fight is freeloot in 25man with a 3rd Tank who takes a lot of stacks. The fight on 25man is a complete joke... the only ones taking DMG outside of Get away are the Boss-Tanks and the people with stacks (and the dmg is exactly the same). So you have to heal 4 people in 25man and 4 people in 10man, but you have a lot more healer in 25man... plus you have Mass-RaidCDs for Get away. Oh and 5 CCs for every Add that spawns
    In 10man you can't afford an additional tank and it's a lot harder to heal through the "Get away!"-Phases so if someone takes more than 10 stacks there is a risk he would die.

In 10man we have 3 people taking stacks but only to a maximum of 10 and then let the stacks drop... this way we always have 1 person with 10 stacks on the boss, 1 person with ~7 stacks and one with ~3 stacks... quite easy to heal this way.